Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Syncro Gear

Old 10-08-2004, 10:10 PM

I haven't read someone in i-club that received a new car out of a lemon, not yet anyways. I think three visit to the dealership for the same problem within a 30- day time frame would count as a lemon. However, just to be sure, check your State lemon law for reference.

My supervisor had a 05' Ford Expedition (Eddie Bauer Edition) and had a noise problem coming out of the differential with only 2500 miles on it. He brought back the third time on the 20th day to the same dealership for the same problem. Next day, he picked it up assuming it was fix (Nope), drove around the block and back to dealership. He told them that he's not taking the truck back and want's his money. To make a long story short, 4 hrs later he came out of that dealership with a brand new 05 Ford F-150 Super Crew (5.4 Lariat Edition) right off the delivery trailer and with the same contract that he had when he first bought the Expedition. That's the only case I know that the lemon law worked. Subaru's are a little different. Hope this helps.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:40 PM

Car Info: 06 Evo MR
I've had my tranmission fixed 4 times.

1 was for the bad clutch (actually a loose spring in the bell housing)

fix = new clutch spring etc.

2-4 were for a grind from 3-4 gear.

I was given a new 3rd and 4th gear pack 3 times!!! I just got it redone again about 2 weeks ago under warranty.

I have around 60k miles now so no lemon law claims for me.

It's not my driving. It's obviously not drag racing otherwise that would be 1st or 2nd gear. And I know how to shift otherwise it wouldn't be the easiest of all gears to engage it would be 1st - 2nd or reverse that had the problems and not 3rd-4th.