Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

to sell or not to sell...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 08:20 AM

Car Info: 03 Rex: HKS, Injen, Apexi, Perrin, Rota
to sell or not to sell...

Hey all, here's my quandry. I've got a nice little blue rex parked in my driveway. Been payin on it for like 8 months now. I've done some fairly bid mods to it. (Tein Flex, EBC, Full Gauges, ASB, TT, Wheels...) My local SOA dealer has a blue STi sittin there with a sticker on the side for $29K...

So what should i do with my car?

Should i try to sell it to somebody like it sits?
Return it to stock (i have all the parts) and sell it in the ads?
Return to stock and trade it in?
Leave as is and trade in? (read further to understand)

My worry is that people who see a modded car will be leary of its mechanical condition. I have totally babied this car. I am the only one who's ever driven it. I was planning on keeping it for a long time, so obviously i wanted it to last and not break on me. What do you think?

The other day at the store a dude drivin an STi pulled into a parking space next to me and we chatted a bit. then i said i was looking at the STi at a dealer just down the road, and he says he is a salesman there and to bring my car in for a trade in, he'll take care of me. Before i start this process, what advice or wisdom do you all have for me???

thanks in advance, as always, you guys ROCK!!!! MD
Old 01-30-2004, 04:19 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
considering you've only been paying for your car for 8 mo. I say no. you'll lose out when you sell/trade it in.

can you afford the STi and the insurance? i wouldn't want to spend more than 20-30% of my income on a car...

my .02