Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Please review my Petition!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 02:30 PM

Please review my Petition!!!

Please review my petition and sign my petition. I am going to file a small claims against SOA, and I want to be prepared. I want to prove that Subaru makes defective transmissions.

http://www.petitiononline.com/soawarr/petition.html
Old 01-04-2004, 07:40 PM

Car Info: 05 CGM FXT STi
please, please, please have this grammar checked by somebody. You have a good start but in order for anyone to take it seriously, you must have proper punctuation, grammar and sentence structure. In no way am I being critical or "picky", I think its a great idea and would be glad to sign it. IMO it needs a little more content and/or specifics. I was taken advantage of by SOA fought them in small claims and won. PM me if you need any help.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:33 AM

Sorry, was in a rush, I did not proof read it. I wanted to say little more, but couldn't think of anything else. =( As long as the point gets across, it does the job for me. Which court did you go to? I live in LA, CA, so I want to take this matter to the court that is already familiar with my situation. I just want a proof that, it is not only myself who is in this agonizing situation. SOA cannot accuse more than 1000s people of ABUSING their Subarus.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:37 AM

8 signitures
ahahahhah

ahem
sorry
g/l
Old 01-05-2004, 09:42 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Is it OK to sign this if you haven't had any transmission problems yet?
Old 01-05-2004, 01:19 PM

Car Info: www.tristatetuners.com
I would also sign this petition, but agree that it should be spell checked first. Also more details should be included. I think that in order for this petition to be taken seriously you need to talk less on how great that the WRX/STi is, and talk more about denied warranty claims. Print threads from this website as well as NASIOC regarding denied warranties, and use them to strengthen your claim about Subaru denying claims based on their opinions. Find as much information as you can regarding denied warranties and use it to prove that this isn't the first denied transmission warranty from Subaru.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:08 PM
DrD

Car Info: 2012 Legacy 2.5GT-L
The letter definitely needs a little word-smithing... it's also far to general - you need to be more specific in expressing what the problem areas are, what you feel Subaru has done wrong (you need details here - with examples that illustrate why denying the warranty was inappropriate), and what a more appropriate course of action for them to take would be. Keep in mind that there are counterpoints to each issue which you have brought up - you need to address them in your statement such that the petition isn't quickly dismissed as something tossed together by a street racer who grenaded their transmission by doing a high rpm clutch drop. The petition needs substance
Old 01-05-2004, 06:10 PM

I thank you all for your consideration and thoughts in this matter. I do understand that I needed to be more specific and checked my grammar. =( I just wanted to get the point across. Of course I am going to be prepared and I will submit well documented complaint to the court. I am just saving my detail for the court. I apologize for being vague. I will certainly be more specific in the court room. I have a friend in UCLA English Major, so I will seek guidance from her also. Thank you all. =)
Old 01-08-2004, 11:36 AM

UPDATE: Subaru of America has decided to cover my car under warranty! I am only responsible for my rental car fees. Thank you all for your support and advices.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:50 AM

Car Info: 05 CGM FXT STi
why the sudden change of mind on SOA's part? It seems lately, they're giving in to the consumer and finally respecting their warranty agreement.

Congrats!