Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

How much would you pay for this 04 WRX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 08:10 PM

How much would you pay for this 04 WRX?

1) I went to the dealership and they offered me an 04 WRX sedan with premium package, armrest, mirror, alarm, upgraded audio, for 23,800. I dont know if thats a good deal or not. But considering its this late for an 04 how much would you pay for it? I said people got it for 22,000 somethign he said thats impossible, he said if i bring in a better price for something he'll match it and beat it. So anybody got anythign i can print out =)

2) And I'm looking for a Black 04 WRX sedan with premium package, armrest, mirror, alarm, side spoiler, boost gauge, and i'm not sure if i should get the Short throw shifter or not. I know I would shift quicker but I want more of the driving experience since this will be my first stick car, so do you think I should get the short throw shifter? And how much should I pay for a car like this right now?

3) BTW what is that hood scoop accessory, is that like a bigger scoop or something? How is that SPT exhaust too? Is it possible to get STi wing & front lip on a WRX?
Old 06-11-2004, 10:52 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX
Hey guys.. yeap I saw the other prices two.. as low a 22k for a sedan.. but just like you I got mine for 23.9k.. 100 dlls more.. no short throw (wich woud be nice) no auto diming mirror, or armrest but.. it does have a moon roof and also a good financing deal.. so at the end.. I got my rex.. and im happy even if I know i paid a bit more

Keep it together man... only one more night and youll be smiling.. like crazy
Old 06-12-2004, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

Is that 23800 otd? Because if it is otd thats an amazing price! Even if its not, thats still a pretty good price. I got the short throw and it was my first stick. I am so glad that I did get that option. Im not sure about the hood scoop option, but I would wait on the exhaust. You can get a better exhaust after you buy the car and probably for half the price. Imo, I would buy the car!
Old 06-15-2004, 12:41 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Go to www.carsdirect.com

You can usually get a few hundred bucks under the carsdirect price.
The carsdirect price in my zip code is $21,596, so you could probably get it for just over $21k plus tax, license, and doc fee.

EDIT- This is without options!
Old 06-15-2004, 03:51 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
$23,800 OTD is a great price. Even if it's not OTD, it's still good, given all the options.
My $0.02 about it - factory short shifter - some people love it, some would rather save the money and go with aftermarket Shortshifter and bushings (around $130 for the Kartboy). Most people like having some sort of shortshifter though. Premium package - good. Armrest and mirror - good. As for boost gauge, there are DIYs on the message boards - I bought and installed my own - total cost was like $30. And the upgraded sound system is worthless IMHO.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:52 AM

Car Info: '04 WRX Plat. Silver Prem. Pkg.
I bought my '04 Prem. Pkg. in May and it had a MSRP of around $27k. The dealer ship had Internet Pricing on their website of $23k. After reading the fine print I saw that the $750 rebate was included in the price and there was a $100 Internet proccessing fee. I ended up getting it for $23.6k + tax and tags. One thing to take into account with Prem. Pkg. and the legendary Subaru windshiels (meaning they break as easy of fine china) is that the heated windshield is not highly available and they cost between $700 and $800. I didn't even have my car for a month before the windshield got cracked by a rock. Luckly my comprehinsive insurance deductable is only $100, but I'm still waiting for the shipment of windshields to get to the US. I also got the 1.9% financing which I heard isn't available anymore so you should be able to get the car for $23k but all depends on availability in your areas too.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:48 PM

its only the heated windshields that easily crack or all of them? Because I'm getting one without the premium package
Old 06-22-2004, 11:13 AM

Car Info: '04 WRX Plat. Silver Prem. Pkg.
No, there are plenty of threads regarding the frailty of Subaru windshields. Since I mainly stick to the WRX boards I thought it was an issue that had to do with ony our cars. The more I look around at other suby's I see alot of cracked windshields.