Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Crash!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 07:41 PM

Car Info: Sold my 05 Evo...Carless for a while...then 05' WRB STi whenever lol :(
this is why YOU NEVER EVER EVER EVER let your friends, gf or wife drive your car
Old 01-05-2004, 09:25 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Re: Crash!!!

Originally posted by Ender2664
my friend doesnt want to go through insurance and wants to pay for the damage in cash, so here is what i am going to ask of you all. I know stock oem parts are going to be more exspensive than aftermarket, but i dont know how much the used oems would cost, so tomorow i will know exactly what i need, and i am wondering who i should talk to to get quotes on aftermarket replacements, oem replacements, and even used oem replacements...does anyone know who i could talk to?
this all depends on what exactly is damaged and how badly, pics would help.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:27 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by Ender2664
so tomorow i will know exactly what i need, and i am wondering who i should talk to to get quotes on aftermarket replacements, oem replacements, and even used oem replacements...
Replacements of what? Body panels? Don't use anything but genuine Subaru parts. You have an STi - don't settle for anything less than OEM quality.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 01-05-2004, 09:30 PM

Car Info: 1986 Supra
My guess (assuming minor front end damage, no airbags, no broken windshield) is that you/your friend is looking at about $10K including labor. If you have the radiator pushed back far enough, you may have also cut the timing belt. This could lead to another ~$5K due to internal engine damage. Would the car start after the wreck?
Old 01-05-2004, 10:21 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by speedevangelist
My guess (assuming minor front end damage, no airbags, no broken windshield) is that you/your friend is looking at about $10K including labor. If you have the radiator pushed back far enough, you may have also cut the timing belt. This could lead to another ~$5K due to internal engine damage. Would the car start after the wreck?
i dont think its that bad
Old 01-06-2004, 01:39 AM

Location: Flying on the H1 w/ 75 psi of compression on all 4 cyl
Car Info: PnP VF30 w/ STi injectors Perrin intake walbro fuel pump w/ a TXS TBE
Take it to someone who is a pro and have them look at. You never know you might miss something. Good luck dude
Old 01-06-2004, 09:50 PM

dude, face it, youve totaly tweaked your frame. If youve broken or bent your wheels calipers, rotors and every suspension arm you dont just replace those pieces and go on your merry way, thats just not the way it works. Im not trying to be a *****, but you are just going to have to suck it up and have your insurance handle it and get it professionally repaired. Do you really want to make payments on a wrecked car for the next 5 years of your life?
Old 01-06-2004, 11:41 PM

Originally posted by Ender2664
No man...i am having it perfessionally done, the shop that is sponsering my car is going to do all of the work for the car, i am just trying to see if i can find the parts for cheaper, cause he doesnt have any oem sti hook ups...and the frame is fine, there is no damage to it.
Unless the shop thats sponsoring your car is a body shop, I would have it checked out, Ive worked in enough shops to know that frame damage doesent have to be obvious, and Ive NEVER seen a car that had its suspension folded "back to the future" that didnt have frame damage.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:48 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by Ender2664
i am pretty sure that i am getting over charged, so please tell me what i should be paying for these parts....all of the are oem.
You can have the shop make a list of broken parts. Take the list to a dealer, or go to subaruparts.com and ask them for a price and shipping estimate.

I think there's a fair chance that your sub-frame or unibody is now out of spec due to the impact. That's a lot more suspension damage than people get when just getting curb rash on their wheels.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush

Quick Reply: Crash!!!