Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Why dealers treat adults better than kids

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 01:15 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
MONEY
Old 06-07-2003, 11:36 PM

Car Info: 03' WRB
i think its the person who your dealing with. If you go in there and u talk to them like you dont know what your talkin bout then i think their going to take advantage of you. if you talk like you know whats going on and dont take no smack from them i think they would respect you more. you gotta show respect to get respect. remember that
Old 06-08-2003, 07:36 AM

Car Info: 2001 sub. imp.
Originally posted by Christian
i think its the person who your dealing with. If you go in there and u talk to them like you dont know what your talkin bout then i think their going to take advantage of you. if you talk like you know whats going on and dont take no smack from them i think they would respect you more. you gotta show respect to get respect. remember that
this doesnt work, you still are a kid, and there is a law that says dealers who see kids have to assume they cant afford anything
Old 06-08-2003, 07:04 PM

Car Info: 2001 sub. imp.
Originally posted by Boneamania
yeah...but thats my point. they WILL have money, no one thinks ahead.
they will have the money, but car dealers want the right now sale, they dont want to build a reputation of being nice, they are interested in selling cars fast, and talking to kids is not the way to get that done
Old 06-09-2003, 08:33 AM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
by the time you get that money that you will have in the future, that salesman won't be working there anymore to see any of it. and even if he was, whats the probability that you will go back to him? A salesman is there to make money, and who does he have a better chance of making money off of? the kid or the adult?
Old 06-09-2003, 10:16 AM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Originally posted by jriggs

just an idea.......next time you head into a dealership.....put on a pair of khaki pants and an izod shirt.....i bet you get some really good service it sucks, but it's the way it works. i used to shave my head but i grew out my hair cause my customers were not diggin it.....oh well....whatever the customer wants.......the customer gets!!!! later, riggs
it works even better if you go in wearing a suit. seriously though, the way you dress makes a big difference. i remeber years back my friends dad went into this car dealership (specializing in custom and classic cars) so they are all very expensive. he went in there to see what they had and the guys asked him if he was there to wash the windows. he owns his own company and always dresses really casual. it was funny beacuse he could have dropped cash down on a few cars if he wanted to.

thats an example showing that they shouldn't base their judgment on appearence and should treat everyone the same. but they don't

Quick Reply: Why dealers treat adults better than kids