Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty vs. Stupidity

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 07:25 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
clutches are technically wear items, transmissions are not (which might explain why they're covering one, but not the other). and yes, 6k RPM clutch drops are abuse.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:38 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
live and learn its all part of life
the good news is that it's a relatively inexpensive lesson. a new clutch is a fraction of the cost of a new transmission.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:14 PM

Car Info: 03' WRB
this is off the subject but i was at big valley subaru today and asked when they were painting my scratches could they paint my side skirts and the guy said THAT WOULD VOID YOUR WARRENTY. i looked at him and laffed... i didnt say anything else just thought it would be a waste of my breath. wierd huh~!!

subaru warrenties suck~!!

<))><
Old 07-09-2003, 03:40 AM

Car Info: dream car Subaru STi
how old r u Crazy? yea reving up 6rpm is too much, redline is 7000 so basically u never want to past revline or u will do damage, it takes only a split second for 6000rpm to hit 7000rpm and by that time u dont have time to shift so it results in passing the redline and blowing the tranny. its kool, as long as u got a WRX, u can play with it all the time =)
Old 07-09-2003, 08:16 AM

Car Info: 2004 Black Wrx
Christian, thats hilarious. I wonder if someone rolled up with a pair of alteza's in the rear and a broken engine if they would claim a void warrenty.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:17 PM

Car Info: dream car Subaru STi
yea basically from 6krpm to 7krpm u wont have time to shift, and thatll hurt ur tranny since u were gassing it, and gassing it will make the needle hit 7krpm in a split second. and past redline in a split second and then ouch.

Quick Reply: Warranty vs. Stupidity