Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wagon vs Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 01:03 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
hey there

performance wise i have never really noticed a difference. remember, performance is mainly the driver, not the car.

the wagon is a bit heavier, and a bit more narrow. i put on very wide rims and tires on my wagon (17x8.5 w 225's ET 35) and only had to roll the rear fender to make them fit. is you calculate that out that is an extra 20mm per side in wheels ofset alone, not including the extra wheels width. that more than makes up for the narrower track ofthe wagon. there is a little difference in geometry between the 2, but that is minimal in terms of what you'd actually notice.

throw a 20mm rear sway bar on, blindfold yourself(in theory ) and you would have a very hard time telling the difference. the wagon might even have a better weight distribution die to the extra weight in the back.

the wagon is much more utilitarian, and there is a surprizing amount or room in these cars.

i could go on, but the bottom line is get which one you like the best. the performance difference should not be part of the decision. consider them equal for the most part.

josh
Old 12-08-2002, 03:41 PM

Actually, I think the track is 20mm total, or 10mm per side, isn't it? Either way, for the most part I think the biggest difference between the two is how much stuff you'll need to haul vs. how **** you are about getting another 0.1 sec shaved off your 0-60 or 1/4. Instant 80lb weight savings plus slightly wider track for turns is pretty good for the added cost, whereas for me, getting essentially the same car + extra room, fold-down seats, and roof rails was too good to pass up.
Old 12-08-2002, 03:57 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Yeah, what Josh said. The cars are too much alike to be able to tell which one is "better". Just pick the "style" you like. Just like when you pick between the blue or a white car.

I have a sedan, and I want a wagon too.

- Alex
Old 12-08-2002, 05:00 PM

Car Info: ayo for yayo
also, i see a lot more wagons on the road than i do sedans. the sport wagon market is huge now and every 30-something year old with 2.3 children in the middleclass doesnt want to get stuck driving a voyager.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:59 PM

Bone stock wagon, nobody outside of a Caltrans van has revved at me since I got it.