Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Totaled or Not

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 11:48 AM

Car Info: 04 wrx
Question Totaled or Not

Hey guys hope you had a good Christmas.

Anyways i was involved in a accident with a drunk driver and was just wondering if the insurance company should have totaled my car.
Thanks and let me know what you think
Sorry i couldn't figure out how to load the image but here is a link to them
http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk305/jorge071087/
Old 12-26-2008, 02:04 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 Subaru WRX STi
Hey,
That sucks bro. The car is very close to being totaled, it would just depend if the shock tower was moved out of place. Good luck, hope your insurance takes good care of it.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:47 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by methodbuilt
Hey,
That sucks bro. The car is very close to being totaled, it would just depend if the shock tower was moved out of place. Good luck, hope your insurance takes good care of it.
only thing i have to add is the PS res. get pushed into the timing cover and stopps teh belt and blows the motor and it blows thats the other thing to look for
Old 12-26-2008, 03:29 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Originally Posted by sigma pi
only thing i have to add is the PS res. get pushed into the timing cover and stopps teh belt and blows the motor and it blows thats the other thing to look for
Hey I just had this same thing happen to me but instead of being hit by drunk driver it was the wife merging on 680. Anywhoo car was fixable but then after making repairs they found timing cover pushed in and yep blown motor..... However they had already made 60% of repairs before noticing this so I get a new motor. Kinda a plus as the car had 60 k on it and the repairs were over 9k. The rule of thumb is if the forseen damage is less than 59% of the value of the car according to nasda or whatever then they will do repairs. WRX and STI are considered high value cars hence the high %age numbers. Where you at? because mine is being done at diablo auto body and motor repalce at Livermore Subabru. Good luck sorry to hear your car got crunched.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:45 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Shayhan27
Hey I just had this same thing happen to me but instead of being hit by drunk driver it was the wife merging on 680. Anywhoo car was fixable but then after making repairs they found timing cover pushed in and yep blown motor..... However they had already made 60% of repairs before noticing this so I get a new motor. Kinda a plus as the car had 60 k on it and the repairs were over 9k. The rule of thumb is if the forseen damage is less than 59% of the value of the car according to nasda or whatever then they will do repairs. WRX and STI are considered high value cars hence the high %age numbers. Where you at? because mine is being done at diablo auto body and motor repalce at Livermore Subabru. Good luck sorry to hear your car got crunched.
bummer but yay for new motors

and wow sometimes its scary it looks like i have some sort of clue what im talking about

- thats why im mod hehe
Old 12-27-2008, 12:58 AM

Car Info: 04 wrx
Well i am located in Iowa, and so far the repairs are over 8k. Also the Subaru shop was supposed to have completed the work on the 12 of December, but have ordered the wrong tires, ac condenser, and also could not get a wire loom so now supposedly Subaru has to make one because its not a part they can just order. sounds a little shady to me since they can't give me any kind of estimated completion date and i have already found some imperfections which they said would be addressed.

thanks for your advise on the timing belt that is something that did not think about.