Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Too many STIs

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Zee

Car Info: 04 White Aspen WRX
Come to city called fremont in cali. And dont forget Union City, which is the city right next to it. I see 5-7 in about a 4 hours! Talk about crazy!
Old 06-13-2004, 01:29 AM

Car Info: 04 F-XT
yeshhh please do come to fremont

i see wrx's all the time in fremont.

its sad to see wrx getting so popular, but oh well these things happen and we all knew it was gonna happen some time ;P
Old 06-13-2004, 10:57 AM

Car Info: 1984 Subaru GL Wagon/1999 Subaru Impreza L Wagon
Originally Posted by Clint Torres
C'mon, how many people lusted after a Subaru prior to the WRX?
Me. I wanted a rally blue, pre-02 2.5RS way before I ever saw a U.S. spec WRX. I still do want one actually, it's a shame that all I could pick up was a red '99 L wagon.. but I love it all the same
Old 06-13-2004, 01:01 PM

if you really want to be different - get something like a Ford RS Cosworth for about $30 - 34k. There's only about two dozen in the US. 320hp - 390hp and only weights 2,800lbs.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:58 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
If you wanna see "too many" cars of all kinds come drive around the DC area for a day! LOL! "too many" LOL!
Old 06-14-2004, 10:37 AM

Car Info: Sonic Yellow 03 Wrx =blitz fmic,blitz intake,turbo xs boost controller,hks ssq bov x2,apexi exhaust

all you mainland people talking about 2 many STI & WRX's ???

try come to hawaii , it might be a little rock but there is alot out here ...!!
Old 06-14-2004, 11:15 AM

Car Info: GDA
Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue
Economies of scale mean a better product at a lower price. If you want individualism, it costs both in terms of reliability and $$$'s.
Take Ferrari as an example. Sure, it's a unique car, but you pay for it!
very true...if you want character and feel the need to be recognized for having a unique car that represents your individualism and brand loyalty, get the previous version impreza.

in terms of frequency, i see wrx wagons the most, then STi, and then wrx sedans. i hardly see GC's.

db
Old 06-15-2004, 09:05 PM

i'm not going to lie, i actually wanted a lancer evolution 4 when i first saw it on "who am i" when i was in highschool, some 12 years ago, and about a year later when i got my license, i learned about the overseas WRX and wanted the 2.5rs (given that it looked somewhat like the evolution 4. i wanted to convert both a mirage to an evolution 4 or a 2.5rs to a WRX STi didn't have the money to however, i mean, what's a poor highschool boy to do, right? then came the WRX finally when i have a job and a car at a great price. i just have to say i'm damn happy with my WRX, given that there's a small history on my part. i'm just glad that the WRX is finally here and here to stay. STi? well, there are those that just want that little "image" thing or want to reserve that little "right" that they have a "STi". ooooooohhh! well, i have a "WRX" for a damn good price.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:14 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
man, at work today, including my car, there were 10 04's in the parking lot!!! it is getting to be either recognized as a good car, or getting lost in the crowd.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:37 AM

Car Info: 09 WRX Sedan };-)>
I know what you mean!

Around here in NH we got all these little high schoolers jumping on the Subaru bandwagon just as fast as you can say, petter. I look at it like this though, even if this 16 year old has a white Sti lowered with aftermarket everything on it, and I might even possiblly loose a girl or two to him, you cant hide greatness!!! Its like when eminem got huge, i remember him when i was a freshman and he was in the dirty dozen with pace won, I still like him, he just gets old quicker. anyway it will be a matter of time before something else gets big and they sell there subie for that, then we buy the subie at a cheaper price and tune it up to beat them!! wishful thinking, i know!

Originally Posted by Subaruski42o
I live in a town of about 150,000 people. Usually i only see one or two Subarus in general a week. Well yesterday while driving around i counted 3 STIs and 2 new WRXs. I am fearful of loosing the individualism of owning a Subaru. ONe of the main reason i bought my Subaru was because it was different and no body had one. Maybe i am just complaining and i have to learn to give this up because everyone knows what a Subaru is now and they are becoming over popular.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Zee
Come to city called fremont in cali. And dont forget Union City, which is the city right next to it. I see 5-7 in about a 4 hours! Talk about crazy!
5-7 in 4 hours!? That’s nothing. I see that many at just one stop light here in Colorado! Lots of wagons though whether it be the outback, legacy or WRX version. A fair amount of sedans and foresters but still few STis. Subaru’s still have a kind of family car stigma out here although they are slowly catching on as a more performance type car.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:22 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Ya, I see at least one STI a day now... As of late, ive seen at least TWO modified new gen Imprezas a day!!! Thats very odd