Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Subaru and SCCA

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 03:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 RS, Subrosa Letum
Angry Subaru and SCCA

I was just checking out the SCCA web page and found out that Subaru is now an official sponsor. Thats seems pretty cool.

What is discouraging to me is that they also state that with the purchase of a '02+ WRX, you will automatically be an SCCA member.

So does Subaru want us to race our cars?

This makes me wonder if you can debate a warrenty issue and win because Subaru themselves permitted you to race(abuse) your car.

W T F !?

:banana: this guy sucks
Old 12-08-2003, 04:05 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Legacy L 5-speed
THAT"D BE AWESOME, Dealer approved AutoX. I like where this is going
Old 12-08-2003, 07:10 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
yup.....you break it you buy it...just like off the track.

I was at santa cruz subaru.....brand new forester xt....totalled. Got to love the walls at Laguna.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:17 PM

Car Info: Silver WRX wagon
Subaru gives you a one year free membership of the SCCA and you're complaining!!!!!

wtf
Old 12-08-2003, 08:40 PM

Car Info: civic
if you are a member of scca and you bring in your car, they will claim that u abused the car in autox and void your warranty. This is what i've heard.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:01 AM

is racing abusing,or the way you race abusing?
Old 12-09-2003, 08:48 AM
VIP Member

All I'm saying is that they are encouraging us to be race-car drivers. I'm not complaining about the FREE membership, but about the reason they deny certain warrenty claims: being a race-car driver.

I know that the reason cars get f****d up is because of the person behind the wheel, but it doesn't help to give some ****-a$$ 16 year old with a new car the impression its OK to abuse it.

So what about us talented ones who happen to be so unfortunate as to fall 'victim' to manufacturer error(i.e. five speed transmission)?
Old 12-09-2003, 10:26 AM
General Pimpin'

hey at least they arent' doing what mitsu does to evo owners.

They go to the tracks and photo/film the evos when the run so that when those cars come in for service they can deny the claims saying it was race related....and show them the proof.

Subaru isn't gonna turn down a claim that is something reasonable. Especially if you chose a good dealership. Shoot the salesmen at my dealership talks to me about going to the track every time I am there and many of the guys in the shop are fans and participants in modified cars. That's why I went there....that and the free oil changes.

But on the other hand if you pump your car up and start slamming gears on the quarter mile and destroy second gear....they might just turn down that claim. Or if you warp your rotors at the track or autoX from riding and abusing the brakes they might just turn that down. But if you know how to drive and take care of your car most stuff should do just fine and most claims supported.

I mean look at it this way. You rent a house to a college frat. You get first and last up front and a minimum of one months worth of money for a deposit.....why cause you know it's gonna get trashed. They leave you check the house out and it's got way more than normal wear and tear you take the money out to fix it. You charge them for every nick in the wall. Yeah you knew that you were giving your house to parties but you also know that you can party without burning the house down.

You rent a house to 34 year old business guy that is only there during the week. You take less of a deposit cause he's not gonna trash it...and when he leaves you might just not charge him for that nick in the wall on the stairs because the rest of the house is taken care of.

really bad comparison but hopefully you can see what i'm saying.......
Old 12-09-2003, 11:11 AM
VIP Member

Yes I can see.

When did Subaru start renting houses?
Old 12-09-2003, 01:16 PM
General Pimpin'

shoot that's old news....they started renting houses....like last week man.....geese you're behind the times....haaa.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:02 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon
The SCCA membership application says this:

Subaru of America, Inc. is not affiliated with the SCCA, and SOA does not in any way participate in, evaluate, condone or assume any responsibility for the activities and events of the SCCA or any of its affiliates. All Subaru vehicles sold by SOA are designed and built for normal driving conditions. The Subaru Limited Warranty, as well as the Subaru Added Security program, exclude damage or failure resulting from participation in competition or racing events. See the Subaru Warranty and Maintenance booklet for further details.

I think it really depends on the dealership unless you have something major (like transmission) go wrong and the dealership has to go thru SOA. SOA will question if the car looks abused. This goes back to when the WRX first came out and you could order STi parts like mufflers and suspension from SOA but they would not be covered under the warrenty.

Quick Reply: Subaru and SCCA