Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

ST...umm. I ?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Choku Dori
GC8 STi. Th' best. Enough said

agree 100%
Old 11-06-2005, 06:06 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon
mmm 22b =teh hotness
Old 11-06-2005, 10:18 PM

Car Info: 06 STi...300 Horses Slow
i think they change there models to fast every 2 years stick to the same model for a few years before you change it
Old 11-11-2005, 09:03 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza RS coupe
Originally Posted by turboedracer
i think they change there models to fast every 2 years stick to the same model for a few years before you change it
It has something to do with getting more money from us buyers, i think....

i.e. Bob the Suby fan bought 2000 RS...2 yrs later Subaru releases a newer 2002 WRXs... so Bob bought it....couple years after, Subaru releases STi.... so Bob bought it...two years after.... same thing happened...

bottom line is... they're doing a good job making Bob spend all that money....

to me, best looking impreza is a combination of Classic GC8 hood, 2005 model tail lights, and 2006 model headlights and grille.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:10 AM

Car Info: 2005 Impreza WRX STi
Originally Posted by subabu05
mmm 22b =teh hotness
GC8 - P1 =the hottest

Originally Posted by nitavern
I look at cars all day for a living. Sometimes the manufacturer will screw up a car but mostly the changes keep the car looking contemporary. That is needed for what are called "conquest" sales. That is where you get say a Nissan buyer to switch to a Subaru.
so what do you call it when a Subaru buyer switch to Mitsubishi (other than a Traitor)

here's some of the car that the new look Impreza remind me of (or vice versa)
Talk about originality......
Attached Thumbnails ST...umm. I ?!?!-699197_58_full.jpg   ST...umm. I ?!?!-508093_1_full.jpg   ST...umm. I ?!?!-9_blk_999.jpg  

Last edited by RIP99RS; 11-14-2005 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:25 PM

The ultimate subaru ever....P1
Attached Thumbnails ST...umm. I ?!?!-p1_980.jpg  
Old 11-15-2005, 07:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Originally Posted by quentinberg007
Lotus Elise, Ariel Atom, Caterham Super 7. Need any more? These cars will literally wipe the floor with our overweight imprezas and most other cars that don't carry the name Enzo or Veyron.

~~Quentin
BULLSH*t..........those aren't real production cars, meaning they aren't built by the "big car companies", the only notable car you mentioned was the Lotus, and its a Lotus, not a Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Ford, Chevy, etc.......its an exotic.

Those Elises can probably rip up a canyon, but good look trying fit an extra pair of shoes in the car!

BTW, it should be STi not STI, and the new front looks horrible in pictures, but in person it looks ok, but the car as a whole looks pretty good.

Changing the way our Imprezas look every 2 years is a little much, maybe every 3-4 yrs would be more acceptable, but 2 yrs is just ridiculous.

Last edited by case1; 11-15-2005 at 07:49 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by nKoan
Personally, I think the new '06 is hot. Much better then the 02-05 designs.
I absolutely agree. People tend to dislike what they don't have or can't get, while embellishing the value of the things that they do possess. e.g. such and such model/actress isn't very hot, blah, blah, blah-as if the females in their lives are fabulous and famous... seriously, people need to keep their petty opinions to themselves

p.s. notice how all the 06 haters are generally very new posters

p.p.s. nKoan, I absolutely love your 'location' - people need a serious reality check

Last edited by herrjr; 11-17-2005 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:53 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bwagner
I think it's funny how a lot of people are saying"If it isn't broken, don't fix it!". In my opinion, the newest incarnation(06') is the best looking "STI" to date. If car companies kept listening to these guys, we'd all be driving "Brats". Or maybe even Chevy "LUV" trucks. Times change, and things change with them. I hope these naysayers aren't still wearing "Parachute" pants, and sporting "Hyper Color" shirts that change when they sweat! Maybe we should all go back to Horse drawn buggies, thats way "Old School", or "Retro" or whatever they're trying to hang on to. It's 2005 (almost 06') and times they are a changin'
Right on! When 07/08 rolls around (or whenever they actually release an all new impreza) I'll be one of the first in line trade in my 06.

p.s. I think the Legacy from 2004 and any model before the current one is the best ever-he,he j.k.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:17 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by nitavern
True that.
I hated it at first. Then I saw a black 06 while it was still on the car carrier. The car as whole works very well to my eye. The front end looks great to me now that I have seen it close up. I would save my comment until after one sees the car in person.

I look at cars all day for a living. Sometimes the manufacturer will screw up a car but mostly the changes keep the car looking contemporary. That is needed for what are called "conquest" sales. That is where you get say a Nissan buyer to switch to a Subaru. These sales allow the company to grow. Keeping the car the same will not get those types of sales.
Very good points. You have to see the car in person before you voice an opinion. Also, the look is designed to appeal to a broader market, to appeal to buyers that are into looks more than the performance that Subaru loyals are well aware off. Most new upmarket cars have very sleek headlights and an even sleeker profile, thus the evolution to the new headlights. And speaking of evolutions, the Evo X headlights are basically slits.

p.s. I can't wait to hear Legacy owners and everyone else start *****ing when the 07 Legacy models roll around...better start getting used to the grille.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:07 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by nKoan
Those are the intellitxt ads. As far as I know, they can't be turned off.
There was a thread on this in the SRIC forum, go search it. It tells you exactly how to get rid of them.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:13 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by case1
BULLSH*t..........those aren't real production cars, meaning they aren't built by the "big car companies"
What does it matter if they're built by big companies or not? I would consider an exotic a sports car. If you don't, then that's your call. It's not all THAT unpractical to obtain one of these said cars.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by herrjr
I absolutely agree. People tend to dislike what they don't have or can't get, while embellishing the value of the things that they do possess. e.g. such and such model/actress isn't very hot, blah, blah, blah-as if the females in their lives are fabulous and famous... seriously, people need to keep their petty opinions to themselves

p.s. notice how all the 06 haters are generally very new posters

p.p.s. nKoan, I absolutely love your 'location' - people need a serious reality check
Right on! When 07/08 rolls around (or whenever they actually release an all new impreza) I'll be one of the first in line trade in my 06.

p.s. I think the Legacy from 2004 and any model before the current one is the best ever-he,he j.k.
Very good points. You have to see the car in person before you voice an opinion. Also, the look is designed to appeal to a broader market, to appeal to buyers that are into looks more than the performance that Subaru loyals are well aware off. Most new upmarket cars have very sleek headlights and an even sleeker profile, thus the evolution to the new headlights. And speaking of evolutions, the Evo X headlights are basically slits.

p.s. I can't wait to hear Legacy owners and everyone else start *****ing when the 07 Legacy models roll around...better start getting used to the grille.

......wow.....guess petty opinions get petty respone(s)

Last edited by RIP99RS; 11-18-2005 at 01:44 AM.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Originally Posted by jvick125
What does it matter if they're built by big companies or not? I would consider an exotic a sports car. If you don't, then that's your call. It's not all THAT unpractical to obtain one of these said cars.
doesn't really matter, but someone said that a sports car shouldn't weigh more than 2200lbs in their opion.

My point was that 98% of "sports cars" out there rarely weigh less than 2800lbs and that cars like the lotus and ariel atom which weigh around 2200 or less are so few and far between that I wouldn't even consider them "sports cars", I would classify them all by themselves. Even a Mini Cooper weighs in at around 2500 I believe.

The only cars I can think of that might be around 2200lbs would be Geo Metro, or Ford Festiva, or crappy little cars like that, but not a "sports car".
Old 11-18-2005, 02:44 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza RS sedan, 1993 Impreza L sedan
Originally Posted by case1
doesn't really matter, but someone said that a sports car shouldn't weigh more than 2200lbs in their opion.

My point was that 98% of "sports cars" out there rarely weigh less than 2800lbs and that cars like the lotus and ariel atom which weigh around 2200 or less are so few and far between that I wouldn't even consider them "sports cars", I would classify them all by themselves. Even a Mini Cooper weighs in at around 2500 I believe.

The only cars I can think of that might be around 2200lbs would be Geo Metro, or Ford Festiva, or crappy little cars like that, but not a "sports car".
My point is that the Lotus, Catterham, and Atom can be had for well under $50k. That doesn't make them terribly exotic, IMO. A real sports car should have to hold any luggage anyways. A real sports car wouldn't make a compromise like luggage.

~~Quentin

Quick Reply: ST...umm. I ?!?!