Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

soon to be (STi) owner.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 05:53 AM

Car Info: 2001 XJ
Talking soon2b owner.....

Hey guys- First off, great forum. I, like many of you, have been lurking for quite a while and the time is approaching to pulll the trigger. Obviously, the offering from mitsu is a close 2nd place but I think I am making the right decision for the following reasons:

Suby:
-looks, build quality, engine displacement, more torque, nice interior (looks like you are getting more for the money) everyday driveability

Mitsu:
-takes easier to mods, warranty, cheap interior, stiffer suspension

My first question is on an 06 STI, can anyone give me a ballpark invoice price? I know I want the foglight kit, turbo gauge, and short throw tranny; I want to make sure I go in there with a good idea of a "deal".

Second, as far as mods go what do most of you guys start with? I have a work vehicle that I use as a daily driver, so my Suby is going to be more leisure. I was thinking an exhaust and a K&N typhoon? Ideas?

Thanks in advance, I look forward to contributing.
BP
Old 05-04-2006, 07:48 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Good luck with your future purchase. The STi will make a decent daily driver. Not as stiffly sprung as the Evo, although still noticeably stiffer than the WRX.

The full exhaust (turboback) is always a good mod for the WRX/STi but I really like engine management to be done around the same time to optimize power and safe operation.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 05-05-2006, 09:26 AM

Car Info: WRX 05
Smile Fellow 06 owner here

I got my 06 STi back in november and had similar extras in it and sticker was around 35k.

As far as mods, my fav is COBB. Check them out at http://www.cobbtuning.com/

Their accessport is a sweet easy mod to start with. Also just like wingless stated, get your TB exaust.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 2001 XJ
With a sticker approaching 35,000, what kind of deal can a dealer cut you though? I know there isn't a bunch of mark up in these things, but there has to be a little wiggle room?
Old 05-07-2006, 09:11 PM

Car Info: 1990 thing
Originally Posted by bigwheels
With a sticker approaching 35,000, what kind of deal can a dealer cut you though? I know there isn't a bunch of mark up in these things, but there has to be a little wiggle room?
Not usually much, since they don't need your sale, because there are probably 3 more people in line behind you.