Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

The right thing? Confused 18 year old.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 11:27 AM

no problem...

but remember...always be true to your car, no matter what. Don't be one of the 'statistics' that buy a REALLY poewrful car (stock I might add), and drive it into the ground, becuase they thought they were ready to "drift" on the highway at 100 mph.

I don't condone speeding on public roads, but I do say enjoy the car that you own. Given that you are in Michigan, I am sure there are enough "legal" tracks/auto-x's that you can race the car at, to gain the true notion of what it is to own a WRX, or even a 2.5 RS. Even at age 29, I find myself learning new tricks everyday... with a bone stock car, I might add. Yes, I yearn for more power...and mods...and all the toys...but I know what this car can do in it's stock form, after having driven it more than 30K miles, in a year and a few months.

Remember, there are many a wise people here...and those that aren't know the effects after crashing their cars...so remember young padawan, AWD + Turbo may be a COMPLETELY new experience. Think when you drive, that it's your investment...not the numnut who is sitting in the passenger seat saying "FLOOR IT! FLOOR IT!"... and enjoy the experience wisely.

As far as getting a better deal...I agree. Take a number...propose it...and walk, if they don't accept it. Talk to other dealers...tell them you are putting down substantial amounts on the downpayment...sohw them a certified check, if necessary. They will budge.

later,
i.

Last edited by inthedeck; 03-07-2003 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-07-2003, 11:53 AM

umm...

I guess I can't speculate, because the vehicle is not even in local dealers yet.

Wait till it get's there...that way, you have a choice of the colors/options/etc. Then, talk money. Plus, if you go with a WRX vs. the STi, I am sure it will be around the same ball-park of 02-03 WRX's...can't be much more than 500+/-.

Oh, and please turn off the caps...no need to yell...hehe.

later,
i.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:09 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
I took my pops to the dealer w/ me just because he liked the cars. I wasn't even planning on buying the car that day and the next thing I know my dad and i are in the manager's office dealing. my dad got all pissed because the guy wouldn't deal so finally the manager offered the car for invoice price...i think 23,450. i bit. it was odd becuase i didn't want my dad dealing for me (heck, i'm 24), but he started the argument so i just let him go. turned out pretty good for me i guess. i put 9K down and I pay a little over 300 a month.

3k should keep you quite awhile in school. i didn't start running through a bunch of cash until i was 21 and started boozing at the bars.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:31 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS 2.5
Lightbulb the $

Ok, I know you all are not going to like this but. I am in College and i have a 02 Impreza. And at the start i have a lot of $ BUT, you will spend a lot of it on Girls, food, gas. Now if you have the $ but do not want to get a WXR or Sti b/c of the insurance. Go for a RS. Put some "go fast parts" on it and then you will have a car that is as fast as a WXR for hafe the $
Old 03-09-2003, 08:24 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS 2.5
hee hee

OK i see that now,

Thank you