Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

parts interchangability - 93 legacy wagon

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 10:10 AM

Car Info: 93 legacy L wagon
parts interchangability - 93 legacy wagon

Hi all, I new to this forum and the world of Subarus in general.

I have inherited a 93 Legacy wagon AWD (no turbo) in pretty good shape aside from a problem around the driveshaft/yoke area. I only picked it up yesterday, so I only got a quick peek while we were loading it onto the wrecker. I haven't had a chance to scurry around underneath it and get a good idea of the exact problems.

I would like to find out what vehicles and years may share some of the same parts as far as the drivetrain, so I can begin calling around to scrap yards to see if I can secure some replacement parts when I start reparing it.

Any other relevant information would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to get the wagon rolling in about a month so I can sell my old pickup truck and dump some of that money into the wagon. Also please feel free to correct any of my terminology. I've been turning wrenches on vintage domestic stuff for about 15 years and am not up to snuff on some of the more modern terminology -especially realted to 4WD/AWD applications.

Thanks! -Gary
Old 07-10-2006, 07:06 PM

Car Info: 93 legacy L wagon
driveshaft = pretzel inspection

OK, after initial inspection I've found that the yoke is non-existant (probably located somewhere in I-26 :-)) and the short driveshaft (closest to the transfer case)resembles a twizzler to an extent. Hmmm...

Don't ask me what the previous owner may have done, but everything else looks OK, aside from the shifter cable and the bracket that holds that. I can get the small stuff at the dealer.

What I'd like to know is if any other vehicles share the same drivetrain components, so I can start calling around to some import boneyards.

Thanks for any input.
-Gary