Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long does it take insurance to give money after a an accident

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 08:25 PM

Car Info: 2003 Silver WRX Sedan, 1982 Corvette Collectors Ed.
it depends on if it is on your own insurance or was there another party that is responsible.

My accident was two weeks ago today and the dude who hit me has state farm. They are stil saying that they are determining what his responsibility is (As in they havent got the police report yet).

But they are being really nice on the personal injury claim....calling and making sure i am going to the dotor and all...

Good luck
Old 11-06-2003, 09:42 PM

Car Info: civic
i got in a accident, got rear ended, on the fwy so obvioius it was that guy tailgating

i got the check in the mail after all the paper work was done after the accident, which was all done in about a month's time. but it also depends on when your insurance gets money from the other party.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:49 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
It also matters if you recieved a rental car that the insurance co is paying for. If so they will settle quick because they are paying more each day that it is delayed. vs no daily expensises and then they are sitting on the money while it gains interest with their investments!
Old 11-07-2003, 07:55 AM

Originally posted by robb
But they are being really nice on the personal injury claim....calling and making sure i am going to the dotor and all...

Good luck
Haha, wouldn't it be cool if they were actually being nice....unfortunately Id be willing to bet they have other motives to see if youre going.

If you have Progressive and you are the only insurance involved you should get a check the day they come to do an estimate.

Someone hit my car and took off while I was inside my buds house asleep. They came out the next day to inspect and cut me a check. Pretty good stuff.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:58 AM

Car Info: 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Originally posted by CFar
Haha, wouldn't it be cool if they were actually being nice....unfortunately Id be willing to bet they have other motives to see if youre going.

If you have Progressive and you are the only insurance involved you should get a check the day they come to do an estimate.

Someone hit my car and took off while I was inside my buds house asleep. They came out the next day to inspect and cut me a check. Pretty good stuff.
Minus your collision deductible, right?
Old 11-07-2003, 11:24 AM

Car Info: 05 Black w/ Gold STi
I was hit on 10/05 and i'm still getting the run around a month later. I was stopped at a light when 3 people behind me were tailgating and all ran into each other and me. My car was only minorly damaged in the rear, but it's still about $1000-$1200 to repair. The woman who hit me and then woman behind her are both pointing the finger at each other for who is responsible. The woman who hit me is ultimately responsible since she failed to leave enough room between her car and my car, but she is too stubborn to see that.

I haven't gotten my insurance company involved yet since they (my insurance company, state farm) told me not to get them involved in it unless nothing was happening because i wasn't at fault so there is no reason to get my insurance company involved.

The woman who hit me has a crappy insurance company who doesn't like to return phone calls, but after I dropped the "if I don't hear back from you by COB today I'm passing this on to my lawyer" they called me back 20 minutes later.

This is driving me nuts because I want to have this resolved and their check in my hand before I go and buy my STi!
Old 11-07-2003, 02:19 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Originally posted by AzN121184
i got in a accident, got rear ended, on the fwy so obvioius it was that guy tailgating

i got the check in the mail after all the paper work was done after the accident, which was all done in about a month's time. but it also depends on when your insurance gets money from the other party.
I got rear ended on the freeway as well. I was stopped and an SUV hit my civic doing ~45mph. He admitted to reaching for a cup of coffee right before the collision and had a coffee stain all over him to prove it. He was insured by AAA, and they maintained that all the damage to my car (which was 4 months old and had ~5 K miles) was not caused by the rear end collision. I had to get a lawyer and sue them. It took almost three years to get paid out. This, folks, is why your insurance premiums are so high! They could have (should have) paid me the 7 grand to get my new car fixed, but refused. After they paid for all their attorneys and my settlement it probably cost them half a million.