Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Got T-Boned last night :/

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 05:24 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru Wrx
Got T-Boned last night :/

Leaving work last night and came to a stop sign. Saw the girl to the left coming to a stop sign so I preceded to go. Well when I went she slammed right into the side of me. Damaging my door and part of the frame :/. I got rushed to the hospital and tore the ligaments in my shoulder. She tried saying my lights weren't on but all of us Subaru owners know they come on automatically.

I ended up getting a ticket because I failed to yield the right away (I guess cause I didn't wait for her to come to a complete stop). Which is complete B.S. then the cop decided to screw up my whole police report saying there was no injuries when I ended up in the hospital. Said my car was a 2 door coupe.

Needless to say my evie is injured and I'm hoping they won't total it out. It's gonna be a long next couple of months!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:35 PM

Car Info: Subaru Wrx Sti 2005, 2012 Silverado, 2013 ZX-10R
Good luck. I was in a wreck with a friend 10 months ago and I was told today it could still be another year.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:50 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
Complain to the police department immediately and loudly. Even if they don't do anything about it make damn sure they remember you yelling at them with your arm in a sling and a hospital tag on your wrist. Keep all your records and use them to get every penny you can out of the other party's insurance company.

Unfortunately, if there is any frame damage to the soob they are very likely to total it out. The blue book value on these cars is too low to justify very much repair work.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 PM

Car Info: 17 WRX
what is with all these scoobys getting wreecked lately?? sorry abouyt that man and good luck!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:10 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
Awww, sorry to hear. I hope you get better
Old 12-13-2012, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Coastie1983
Good luck. I was in a wreck with a friend 10 months ago and I was told today it could still be another year.

Another year for what?

Thanks guys! This girl is such a B. she must have been texting or something cause she surely wasn't paying attention. I'm guessing the damage will be around 4k and if it is it will be totaled out.

Does anyone know from experience if they do total it out am I able to take anything? Like my brand new radio, recaros, or exhaust?
Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Damn that sucks, glad your not too banged up. Let me know if you need help to fight that bs traffic citation.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:06 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
Sorry to hear that man. Yes you certainly have a lot of headaches with the insurance companies and police in the coming months. I was in a pretty bad accident a few years ago so I have a few tips. I'm no expert but this is my opinion, First, DON'T TALK TO THE OTHER PARTY'S INSURANCE COMPANY. They may call you trying to get info, don't talk to them. Only talk to your own insurance company. They make it sound really innocent, but they are trying to screw you over. Also, immediately request the police report, pick it up, and bring it to your insurance company. That is the fastest way to get things going. As far as the mistakes on the report, I wouldn't worry about it. Obviously the hospital has records of your treatment, so that shouldn't be a problem. Also, with the ticket you were given, that was a judgement call by the police officer. Yes maybe it was B.S., but he is unlikely to reverse his decision. I had a similar situation in my accident, its not fair, but at the end of the day a judge will take the word of a police officer over you.

Best of luck to you and your subaru
Old 12-13-2012, 03:21 PM

I'm a girl by the way
Lol anyway, she has the same insurance company as I do.
Also I plan on going to fight the ticket just because she ran the stop sign and the cop screwed up the whole report.

If my car is totaled will they let me take anything?
Old 12-13-2012, 03:39 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Yeah if they total out your car you will be able to take out what you put in, but they may require you put the OEM stuff back into the vehicle.

Sorry to hear about your plight
Old 12-13-2012, 03:48 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Originally Posted by Britni
I'm a girl by the way
Also I plan on going to fight the ticket just because she ran the stop sign and the cop screwed up the whole report.

Oh right, you were the one asking about the springs a little while ago. Yes, can take everything you installed back and reinstall stock parts.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
Originally Posted by Britni
I'm a girl by the way

we'll glad you are ok, as for taking anything off your car like as in mods ..you gonna have to buy the car back if they total it out.

as for the accident...the insurance company are going to settle easily, but lets just say your were at fault then you gotta lawyer up. the adjusters can tell just from looking at the damage and informing who is at fault.

by the looks of it. whether your lights are on or not.. that other girls lights are on and she should have saw you too. Also, if she didn't run the stop..the damage wouldn't have been that severe. leaving a stop sign and t-boning a car will not cause frame damage. if anything you'll just have to replace a door. cars don't go from 0 to 45-50 in 1-2 secs unless you were doing it on purpose. anyways just my 2 cents. hope it help and you to have a fast recovery.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:51 PM

Well she was at fault and the frame is damaged. Not terribly but it is there
Old 12-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
When you can take some pictures.

I was lucky that the cop who took my incident report was cool and no tickets were handed out. But failure to yield? Really? You got t-boned not you t-boning someone..... Was there any snow on the ground etc?
Old 12-14-2012, 07:32 AM

Nope, no snow. She clearly ran the stop sign because if she wouldnt have i could have easily cleared it. She didnt even try to stop before she hit me.

Im guessing I got a ticket because I didnt wait for her to come to a complete stop but I had the right away and she claimed my head lights werent on.

im just wondering if its worth it to go fight that ticket.

Quick Reply: Got T-Boned last night :/