Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

GOT MY WRX!!!! w00t w00t!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 09:35 PM

Car Info: TXS tbe, perrin goodies, v7 sti struts...bla bla bla lots of stuff!
Arrow GOT MY WRX!!!! w00t w00t!!!

Guys I just got my rex today!!!!!!

You have no clue how happy I am! I will post pics of it tomorrow once I get back from the dentist. It's Sonic Yellow!
Here are the specs of it: Spoiler, turbo guage, armrest extension, short throw shifter, and upgraded security package....

Invoice $23,443 or something along those lines... MSRP was $26,231.
I paid $21,400.. :-) $2000 below invoice!

I do have some questions how long should I let the car idle after I am done driving it, until I get the turbo timer? Also today I didn't drive it hard, shifted before 4,000rpm everytime, but when I lift the hood of the car the engine is hot... I feel quite a bit of hot air coming out of there... is this normal? I have never experienced heat coming from my dads jeep grand cherokee or my mom's caravan like the way this...

One thing that I did like was I have a smile ear to ear when I am in the car driving :-)

My very first car, I love it so much! I have so many mods I want for it but I gotta hold off so I don't dilute all my funds :-(

Pics will be posted tomorrow :-)

Thanks guys,
-Nigel
Old 06-30-2003, 09:50 PM

Car Info: WRX STi black/Gold rims
cool..
Old 06-30-2003, 10:50 PM

Car Info: TXS tbe, perrin goodies, v7 sti struts...bla bla bla lots of stuff!
Arrow

Yep it's a 03' When I picked it up it had 65 miles on it :-)

www.fightingchance.com

That site helped me a lot, I ordered the WRX packet for $30 and it saved me BIG! I reccomend it! If you are serious about saving money definatly take the time to look into it.

I am sick of dealers bending people over... It was time I bent "them" over the table... In the fighting chance they like the fax attack or the take it or leave it deal... They do not recommend actually talking to a sales person.. but hey, it's me, and I like to do it face to face. I have all the patience in the world.. and when there is LOTS of silence, you can guess I'm keeping my cool :-)

Without that I probably would have walked in there saying this is what I want to pay your for the car... they would say no, I would say "ok" and be done with it... You see the holdback, dealer incentives..etc

I am not affaliated with them at all, but I think it's a good way to actually have a "fighting chance" lol

Pics will be up tomorrow.

-Nigel