i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Subaru General (https://www.i-club.com/forums/subaru-general-30/)
-   -   GOT MY WRX!!!! w00t w00t!!! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/subaru-general-30/got-my-wrx-w00t-w00t-23997/)

NewShockerGuy 06-30-2003 09:35 PM

GOT MY WRX!!!! w00t w00t!!!

Guys I just got my rex today!!!!!!

You have no clue how happy I am! I will post pics of it tomorrow once I get back from the dentist. It's Sonic Yellow!
Here are the specs of it: Spoiler, turbo guage, armrest extension, short throw shifter, and upgraded security package....

Invoice $23,443 or something along those lines... MSRP was $26,231.
I paid $21,400.. :-) $2000 below invoice!

I do have some questions how long should I let the car idle after I am done driving it, until I get the turbo timer? Also today I didn't drive it hard, shifted before 4,000rpm everytime, but when I lift the hood of the car the engine is hot... I feel quite a bit of hot air coming out of there... is this normal? I have never experienced heat coming from my dads jeep grand cherokee or my mom's caravan like the way this...

One thing that I did like was I have a smile ear to ear when I am in the car driving :-)

My very first car, I love it so much! I have so many mods I want for it but I gotta hold off so I don't dilute all my funds :-(

Pics will be posted tomorrow :-)

Thanks guys,
-Nigel

adamRmr 06-30-2003 09:50 PM

cool..

RusselSimmons 06-30-2003 09:58 PM

yea its normal for it to be hot...

good luck with the car

:D frederick:mad:

Joe Schmoe 06-30-2003 10:19 PM

2k under invoice? This is the 2003 model correct? How did you go about bargaining........I'm in the market for a 04 wagon.

NewShockerGuy 06-30-2003 10:50 PM

Yep it's a 03' When I picked it up it had 65 miles on it :-)

[url]www.fightingchance.com[/url]

That site helped me a lot, I ordered the WRX packet for $30 and it saved me BIG! I reccomend it! If you are serious about saving money definatly take the time to look into it.

I am sick of dealers bending people over... It was time I bent "them" over the table... In the fighting chance they like the fax attack or the take it or leave it deal... They do not recommend actually talking to a sales person.. but hey, it's me, and I like to do it face to face. I have all the patience in the world.. and when there is LOTS of silence, you can guess I'm keeping my cool :-)

Without that I probably would have walked in there saying this is what I want to pay your for the car... they would say no, I would say "ok" and be done with it... You see the holdback, dealer incentives..etc

I am not affaliated with them at all, but I think it's a good way to actually have a "fighting chance" lol

Pics will be up tomorrow.

-Nigel

Joe Schmoe 07-01-2003 12:28 PM

Nigel,
I actually have my fighting chance pack on the way, ordered it a couple days ago....and plan on sending out some faxes near the end of the month. Good to hear it actually works. Hopefully there'll be some factory to dealer incentives for the 04 also. Congrats on your sonic rex!

Captain Trash 07-01-2003 10:44 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NewShockerGuy [/i]
[B]Yep it's a 03' When I picked it up it had 65 miles on it :-)

[url]www.fightingchance.com[/url]

That site helped me a lot, I ordered the WRX packet for $30 and it saved me BIG! I reccomend it! If you are serious about saving money definatly take the time to look into it.

I am sick of dealers bending people over... It was time I bent "them" over the table... In the fighting chance they like the fax attack or the take it or leave it deal... They do not recommend actually talking to a sales person.. but hey, it's me, and I like to do it face to face. I have all the patience in the world.. and when there is LOTS of silence, you can guess I'm keeping my cool :-)

Without that I probably would have walked in there saying this is what I want to pay your for the car... they would say no, I would say "ok" and be done with it... You see the holdback, dealer incentives..etc

I am not affaliated with them at all, but I think it's a good way to actually have a "fighting chance" lol

Pics will be up tomorrow.

-Nigel [/B][/QUOTE]
So the packet really is worth buying? I mean does it tell you a lot more information than you can find out through the internet and personal experiences? And what is with the fax deal? I kind of have an understanding of this whole thing but am very aprehensive about purhasing it.