i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Subaru General (https://www.i-club.com/forums/subaru-general-30/)
-   -   FEEDBACK NEEDED! RE Super 2NR TV (https://www.i-club.com/forums/subaru-general-30/feedback-needed-re-super-2nr-tv-10100/)

whiplash willy 02-22-2003 08:07 PM

I like the idea of more tech specs and project cars that you continuously work on. I really do hate those wannabe black kid hosts, I swear if I ever see them on the streets, ill kick them very hard. I also don't like the pointless segments like that "hip" club segment. That has nothing with tuning, the dj drives a SUV for F sake. I did however almost fall out of my chair laughing at those hard-core from the projects hosts were picking up some honeys and telling them about engines. SuuupAH TuuNAH TEEEE-VEEEE!!! If you can’t get rid of the hosts, at least make them talk like normal people.

Mr.Blue 02-23-2003 03:40 PM

I laughed my ass of at that whole club scene. the DJ is like "yo i'm dj pro-rican aka something else aka something else, and he just kept going.. the guy had like five names.

After he got through saying all his names he says "yo if you cant fill up a dance floor then get out tha business." then they show the dance floor and there are 5 people dancing!! I almost fell outta my chair.

Mr.B says "Woooord up Dawg"

X1_SRT 02-23-2003 04:05 PM

lol! so someone else picked up on the empty floor too!? and the hosts were like "yeah we've got VIP's, rollin pimp style." umm yeah sure... personally i care about cars, not pimps and SUV driving, 5 named, dj's.

-PJ

wgb113 02-23-2003 04:45 PM

I agree with a lot of what's been said. And air a new damn episode! The hosts are annoying and you try to squeeze to much into a half-hour show. By doing that you end up doing a sub-par job on every segment, rather than a great job in say 4 segments.

I like the idea of project cars and seeing them evolve over a season. It might also be cool to focus on a different car/manufacturer each episode.

Finally, that club was LAME, the DJ was LAME, and even the damn girls were LAME!

BlueMeanie 02-23-2003 05:06 PM

Right,

Saw today's show. Who writes for this program? Those two guys are annoying and, [i]oh so professional[/i]. They kept talking over one another. The pace of the dialog was rediculous, too fast. They were spewing out a bunch of mumbo jumbo that took away from the show. The kid can't pronounce Maybach, "[i]Mayhback[/i]". I know that they are established in the racing scene (twinsturbo.com), but that doesn't qualify them as an automatic show host(s). The DJ segment was a complete waste of time. Not apropriate at all. We could do without the model segment as well. Have a section of the show incorporate some hot chick interviewing a guy about his car or something. When the turn-offs are "Mean People", that's gonna make me flip the channel. The graphics were weak. Looks like some cheap Toaster-style (old school) effects. Music into every piece is a bit much, too generic. The underage reporter for the day was another waste of time. This industry has been bastardized enough, let's stick to the facts and develop the hobby further. This is not cable access. As a sponser, I would be pissed off that the kid was ever on the air.

I did like the segments on rallying, although it was too concentrated on Dave. He is a great guy, but there should be more diversity. The segment on the VW R32 was insightful and unique. The title of the show reflects, or implies, that it's focus will be on the cars and not the lifestyle, per se. I think, with the backing of the magazines, the show has great potential. True story, I had a few people watching the program I had taped and they had to leave the room because the editing of the video was making them sick! Forget about the MTV people, their too busy watching Cribs checkin' out da new dubs. Some flashy edits, good theme music, clean graphics, and some statistics that make sense. Would it hurt to have a graphic of the name of the hosts?

All in all, I didn't really get anything out of the show. I am not that excited about seeing the next show. In fact, I don't even know what will be on the next show, I guess they forgot. It needs work.

Until next time,

-BlueMeanie

WickedRydaX 02-23-2003 05:45 PM

I would like to start out be saying it's the best of the "tuner" shows, but it can be better. Coming to a mostly WRX site you will get a lot of people asking for WRX stuff, I am one of them. I watched another tuner show and they were like " we have a extra cool show for you, it's an all honda show." At that point I changed that channel well helling " THATS ALL YOU EVER SHOW"

On to the hosts, I would rather watch the two white boyzzz over all the other dumbass ***** host on other shows. They say the same thing ever time. This car has a cold air intake and some really cool tail light, I don't give a f**k about some tail lights (even on a WRX), I see to many of them on the road everyday. More tech would be very nice, you do have the most, but I want more, along with everyone else. Also you guys have "rare" cars that other shows would know nothing about. I saw one show with a skyline, and some with supras, WRXs, and other not so riced-out hondas.

ThankS for making a better show then others, and coming out and looking for input. On one last note, I would be willing to use my WRX if you wanted. I have done some work to it, but I still have all the stock parts, and stock dyno runs. If you wanted a car to use, not beat the on, let me know. I can put everything back to stock, and start with a clean sheet. Feel free to email me at [email]foreverimajugalo@aol.com[/email] if you want to talk.
MCL

Slapshotnerd 02-25-2003 09:29 AM

this feedback is good. I knew coming to the site that i would get alot of "show more WRX stuff" comments. But i wanted to get the feedback of a more technical audience, and I think i-club has that.

Other than a WRX, supra's, and skylines, what else would you like to see? 240's? 350z's? g35's? Audi's? bmw's? I know that there are alot of non-honda brands out there, I happen to drive one of them. i think we're getting a good variety of cars, but what cars are YOU interested in seeing?

also, what KINDS of tech do you want to see? is a turbo upgrade too much? bolt-on turbo kit for a non-turbo non-honda car? boost controller? suspension? I understand the desire for more tech, but please help me out with EXTREMELY SPECIFIC examples, especially on non-honda non-wrx cars (try and think OUTSIDE the lines...)

The complaints about the hosts will be fixed shortly. As I stated before, there was a meeting last week to discuss toning it down and making it more real-world.

This really does help, thanks again for the feedback.

X1_SRT 02-25-2003 10:46 AM

i think suspension would be a great thing to go into some more detail. everybody always worries about their turbos, and intakes, and neglects the suspesion. (well not everyone, but a lot.) although a bolt on turbo kit would make a good segment. a bolt on for a n/t car that is. i was thinking a new skool celica would be cool, but thats probably way more tech than can be covered. being a dsm owner, i wouldn't mind seeing some suspension/ brake upgrades for 'clipes and talons. if no WRX, how about an RS 2.5??

thanks for listening to our comments.
-PJ

Cabal 02-25-2003 10:52 AM

As mentioned in [url]https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3956[/url] , I didn't mind the hosts and I thought the content was great, but the constantly-moving camera work and background effects are awful, please do something with those. I've watched the show a few times now, and it's pretty good. Beyond that, I'd like to see some side-by-side comparisons of parts for performance, price, etc, and some step-by-step install work (there's lots of that on other shows, but unless I drive a V8 Mustang, I won't see much that applies).

figowitz 02-25-2003 01:45 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Slapshotnerd [/i]
[B]
also, what KINDS of tech do you want to see? [/B][/QUOTE]

Being a new car owner (WRX of course) I'd like to see you take ANY car... from scratch, as a project car. One mod a week... like a little 10min blip. The popular thing would be mods for power... I would think.

I personally would like to see a show car being built, from start to finnish... with all the wacky show treatments they do. A real custom job like that Jesse James guy and his motorcycles on the Discovery Channel.

Mr.Blue 02-25-2003 08:43 PM

I want to see all kinds of cars on your show, not just WRX's. Most of us on this board are car enthusiasts, we love all cars. I dont even own a WRX.

Do testing on new models and show us the new cars in action. Like the Lancer Evolution, Impreza STi, Dodge SRT-4, etc.

I would like to see a "How does it work?" segment too. Like Dave Coleman's Sport Compact Car articles.

You could go into detail about the differences in car makers AWD systems, How an amp works, how a turbo works, how hydraulics work. Different things like that. I love learning about that stuff.

palaban 02-26-2003 05:11 PM

More specific Technical ideas

- A brake upgrade where you how the the individual components (ss lines, pads, rotors, etc) can affect stopping power, and then the improvements from a full big brake upgrade. Then you can get more specific and show what parts you recommend changing for improved everyday driving, and recommendations for auto-x and track use.

- A tire shootout would be pretty cool. It may not be the most exciting thing in the world, but I'd like to see how Azenis fare against S-03's. Maybe you can even do a long-term test to see how the tires hold up. :) You could do the same thing with exhausts, where you compare performance and show the different exhaust notes.

- How about a battle of the Tuners? You could do WRX vs WRX (Vishnu vs TurboXS) where they take stock cars, add their stage kits, and see who performs better on the track. It could also be interesting to do it, with different cars i.e. WRX vs 1.8T (Cobb vs. APR). Have them explain their stage kits, measure the improvements on the dyno, and more importantly watch them duke it out on the track to see who can squeeze out more performance per dollar.

Hey, this is a free focus group discussion. We should get t-shirts or something. :D

Br1t1shguy 02-26-2003 05:21 PM

Well if you want some specific examples of stuff you could do tech wise which people would really like to watch:

SR20DET swap into a 240sx
Turbo install on a integra (Golden Eagle block sleeves schwag?)
Neon SRT-4 road test
Lancer EVO vs WRX
Eclipse turbo upgrade
Supra turbo upgrade
Suspension installs
3000gt VR4 tuned vs Supra tuned
300zx vs Supra
Car previews, for example RX-8 is comin soon

Company profiles, for instance HyTech exhaust systems, big big name in honda tuning, makes the best exhausts there are.

Tech profiles on race cars, Realtime Integra Type-Rs for example
Stuff on tuning new cars, like RSX etc which are new

Motor swaps are great, kids love em, B18C (integra GSR motor) into civic, LS/VTEC, EJ20 (wrx motor) into 2.5 RS.

Therse are just some ideas, I;m sure I can think of more later.