i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Subaru General (https://www.i-club.com/forums/subaru-general-30/)
-   -   FEEDBACK NEEDED! RE Super 2NR TV (https://www.i-club.com/forums/subaru-general-30/feedback-needed-re-super-2nr-tv-10100/)

Slapshotnerd 02-21-2003 11:06 AM

FEEDBACK NEEDED! RE Super 2NR TV

Alright guys, we need your help!!

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jacob Leveton, I work here at Primedia. The shows have gone pretty well so far, but we're looking at ways we can improve them. We've gotten some feedback from various different people, and have already put some changes into motion. Now we want to hear from a different crowd, and you guys are the lucky ones!

Please watch this weekend's episodes - Saturday at 12:30 and sunday at 12 noon (check local listings, may vary slightly especially if you have satillite) and let us know what you liked, what you disliked, and what you would change. This weekend has features from the Tokyo Auto Salon, LA Auto Show, CES show in Vegas, a test drive of a VW R32, brake and chip upgrades on a GTI, and a look into an Import Tuner Cover Model shoot. It is a repeat of last weeks episodes, next week will be 2 brand new episodes.

If you'd like to contact me directly, you can email me at [email]jacob.leveton@primedia.com[/email] . Thank you very much for your help and cooperation!

silver_rex_4eat 02-21-2003 12:01 PM

jacob i sent you a email

i like the show alot i wish there can be more reviews of cars like the nissan skyline, mitsubishi lancer evo VIII, and of course my fav the subaru wrxSTi. I like the cars hows showing up and coming cars but the coverage is too brief to get a feel for the cars. I like the episode upgrading the gtis please upgrade a wrx and show the dyno results. well i gotta go if u want more feed back let me know what else ur looking for . I would like the show to be an hour long the half hour is too short.

thanks chris galvin

Slapshotnerd 02-21-2003 12:08 PM

Just to answer some of the questions in the email as well as some on here - This weekend's episodes are actually repeats of last weekends. Except the days are switched. That way people who can only watch on 1 day can still see both episodes. Next weekend's episodes will be new. The latest schedule can be found on [url]http://www.thenewtnn.com[/url]

Yes, many people have been disappointed that the show is only a half hour. But we have to start somewhere, right? also, we have 17 episodes lined up, thats 8.5 hours of content. We also hope to have more than just 1 season, so we don't want to overdue it by frontloading all the content. plus, a full hour show costs more than a halfhour, and you have to walk before you run. But many others have suggested it, so maybe we will move to it for next season.

As far as test drives - I'll pass on the word. I don't know how many we can do (IE i doubt one per show), but its definately a good idea.

The hard part about dynoing results is that we have to use whatever facilities we are offered. Not all the locations we use have a dyno handy, but alot of people said that they do like it, so we'll see what we can do to include it more.

Modifying a WRX is definately an option. Import Tuner has a project WRX (Gary Castillo's), but its already pretty nicely modded. I don't know whether people would like to pick up a project when its already 3/4 done or not - you tell me! Otherwise, we could always try and get a WRX from a dealer or a manufacturer and bolt a few parts on and see how that goes. Although it seems like most WRX owners are past the bolt ons stage (again, you tell me!)

Keep the feedback coming, anything and everything helps!

silver_rex_4eat 02-21-2003 01:10 PM

another idea

like in the magazines there is a readers ride section. How about maybe not every episode but see viewers rides that are hot etc. The magazine show nice pics but the show could show more detail and get to hear these bad rides sound. Which we miss reading the magazine. One problem i have found with my wrx there are so many exhaust systems out there and there was a 12 exhaust shoot out done the posted gains in hp and torque and sound decibels, etc. I would like to hear what some of these monsters sound like. I have found some sound bytes ont eh internet that help some.

Slapshotnerd 02-21-2003 01:36 PM

hmm... thats a good one! exhaust shootout with audio so people know what it sounds like! i like that idea!

Rapid_Roo 02-21-2003 01:36 PM

the show is okay. I guess it was built around its target audience, which I am no where near anymore. They only thing I can suggest is don't do that stupid MTV style filming where the camera is in constant motion. It just shows that you guys are lame at filming.

On the thing for sure is that you need to turn down or OFF the background music during the shows. Its annoying, can't hear what people are saying and can't hear the cars as they go by. Whats more important the music or the cars you are showing.

I did like the rally school coverage you had on a while ago, as well as the coverage on the modded WRX, although I wished I could hear what the exhaust sounded like over the music.

Otherwise its an okay show that I may sit through on occasion if, you are showing something that has a flat four in. Stopped the over dubbed music and I might just start watching it on a regular basis.

KXRicer 02-21-2003 02:20 PM

The show is very good! I always tune in every Saturday afternoon for it...I hope you guys can cover more story about the WRX and Mitsu EVO....Also, the 2 host can be annoying sometime but overall the show is kool!!!

Br1t1shguy 02-21-2003 04:30 PM

Not enough tech if you ask me. I understand alot of it is show stuff, but you call it 2nr TV you kinda except to see some actual technical info. For instance, instead of saying "it's turbocharged and has an AEM EMS", say, "its turbocharged, running 15lbs of boost on a non-intecooled greddy kit using a t3 turbo, on 9.1:1 compression putting down 250whp. It's tuned with an AEM EMS system." Just those kind of details will keep a much larger audience, IE the guys that know what this stuff does and not just little kiddies who saw TFATF interested. I tune into most import shows I end up changing the channel because I get sick of some guy who doesnt know what he's talking about blabbing about sticking on the almighty overpriced AEM cold air etc etc. If I saw some knowledgeable showing of some sweet cars and getting into some detail about what makes them fast it would hold my interest, and alot of people like me. Dont worry about going over the kiddies heads either. They'll eat up that kinda stuff as well as even if they dont get all of it they wanna learn deep down inside and at least wanna pretend they know what it means ;-p.

Mr.Blue 02-21-2003 04:54 PM

Definately get more technical. the current format of the show is more like "rice-boy" television. Host - "oh look at that 4inch muffler and intake thats mad fly yo and will give us alot of power"

here are my ideas of what would make a better show.

1. Get rid of the hosts!!! They annoy me to the point that I change the channel. If I wanted to see two stupid white kids trying to be black I'd go hang out at Mcdonalds.

2. Get rid of the pointless interviews. why was wyclef jean on the show? He didn't contribute anything to the show.

3. Project cars. buy a car and tune it and show us how you did it and what gains you got from certain parts, etc. and take some of the cars to the track and beat the hell outta them like you guys do in your mags. Watching a car pull dyno runs doesn't exactly keep me on the edge of my seat.

palaban 02-21-2003 05:11 PM

suggestions

- I think you could lose some of the 'flava' and let the content speak for itself. Lose the special filming techniques and hip lingo.

- Maybe do a feature on advanced driving techniques and/or racing schools like Skip Barber.

- Head to head car comparisons ala Top Gear

- How about a feature on the Easy Street WRX?

X1_SRT 02-21-2003 07:05 PM

i have to agree w/ the above 3 posts. the hosts annoy. tone down the hype shiznit talk. more tech.

-PJ

Br1t1shguy 02-22-2003 12:23 PM

YEah, no more white boyz with the "word dawg, that shizzle is of da hook boyyyy", u know what I mean ;-p. Tech info is what we want, and tech info is what the kids need!

X1_SRT 02-22-2003 12:29 PM

Word up homie! true dat

98exploderPOS 02-22-2003 03:51 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mr.Blue [/i]
[B]
1. Get rid of the hosts!!! They annoy me to the point that I change the channel. If I wanted to see two stupid white kids trying to be black I'd go hang out at Mcdonalds.[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL, very true. Those guys came across as kind of a joke. Maybe my TiVO isn't recording these right, but I keep getting the same episode (except for one middle segment being changed) each time! I'll be pleased to see it's recorded another Super2NRTV only to be disappointed when I see those monkeys pull up in the red GTI [i][b]again[/b][/i]! :(

Look forward to new content and I'll keep having my TiVO box record it.

BlueMeanie 02-22-2003 05:29 PM

I must confess to never having seen the show. This is the first time I have even heard of it, to be honest. I'll check it out tomorrow afternoon.

I agree with everyone about being more technical. There is too much crap on TV. Enough with the damn FATF BS. If all we get is a half an hour, our heads should be spinning from all of the gross data thrown at us. It should leave us salivating for more information. I could care less if a Civic has a phat body kit with nitrous. We don't need generic music being pumped out the ying-yang to show that we're down with the scene. California is not the only state in this country, dude. [i]No offense to Californians, it just seems like there is too much emphasis on a stereotype automotive performance person from the left coast. Similar phenomenon akin to a Surfer Dude stereotype in the late eighties.[/i]

Thrashing around some of the latest in automotive performance vehicles would be killer, and unique to the United States. We have some excellent road courses right here in our back yards, let's exploit them for all that their worth. Setting up the latest GReddy ECU system with an external display, installing a Tein EDFC system, Do hypergounds really work?, do all BOVs sound the same?, street racing in Japan, etc.

I hope the show is better than the Hi-Rev tuners garbage on SpeedVision/NASCAR/SpeedTV or whatever. "Sport[i][b]s[/b][/i]compactcars!", give me a break. Sponsored by Pep-Boys, kinda puts it all into perspective.

Again, I'll check out the show and give my feedback tomorrow.

Ever lovingly, your number one critic:
-BlueMeanie

P.S.- If you ever need a dynamic host who knows a thing or two about this arena, I'm listening.