Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Drove a WRX for the first time on Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:45 AM

Car Info: None =(
Drove a WRX for the first time on Saturday

It was hands down the best car I have ever driven. My bro has a 2002 (and will kill me if I ever touch it), but my parents are offering to get me a new car (a cheaper one of course), so I am going for an '07 2.5i sedan. My parents decided to go to the dealership in another city that is twice as far away from the one near us (I still don't get why, their inventory was about a fifth or lower of the size of the closer one), and all they had was a WRX in stock (and an STi in the show room).

Holy CRAP!!!!!! That car was virtually perfect!!!!! The only cars I have really driven are a '01 Volvo S60 2.4T, a '06/'07 (not sure) Toyota Prius, a '07 Scion tC, and a few other cheap starter cars, but this thing blew htem out of the water! The handling was sooooooooo nice! The acceleration was perfect! The braking could be better, but I could put that aside from the others.

To everyone that owns a WRX: I envy you.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:09 PM

Car Info: a pickup truck with a gun rack.
WRX FTW tell your parents to get you one & dont take "no" for and answer.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
You might as well spend a little more for the WRX. There will be a much larger selection of aftermarket parts and support for it. It is only a little more so yeah. Going the extra mile will be really worth it.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:09 AM

Needless to say, they won't go the extra mile. They hate the fact that it takes premium gas, and that it gets worse gas mileage. In fact, they really hate mileage on the regular impreza. I wouldn't really do too many mods anyways, probably just an exhaust and other small things.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
I wouldn't even bother trying to get a new Impreza. You might as well go out and look for a used WRX or even better, a used GC style Impreza. I am assuming that this is your first car. You'll probably end up dinging it or something. Why take a chance with a new car? Just my two cents.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:45 PM

I also forgot to mention my parents do NOT want to pay insurance for one. My bro has an '02 WRX and tehy hate paying insurance for that as it is (My bro heard a lot it was classified as an economy car, but apparently it is a high performance sedan. Also, our insurance kind of sucks).

I would rather just get a new one since the offer is on the table. It is basically the last thing my parents would buy me (aside from a collage education), so might as well go for it instead of a used non-WRX impreza.

My bro is really thinking about just getting a honda fit and giving me his WRX. I would love that, as it already has a blitz nur spec r exhaust on it, so I wouldn't have to buy an exhaust. Down side is it has about 55k miles on it, but it would be turbo charged with the exhaust already on it.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:03 PM

Car Info: 2007 WRX CGM
Originally Posted by ZeppelinPie792
I also forgot to mention my parents do NOT want to pay insurance for one. My bro has an '02 WRX and tehy hate paying insurance for that as it is (My bro heard a lot it was classified as an economy car, but apparently it is a high performance sedan. Also, our insurance kind of sucks).

I would rather just get a new one since the offer is on the table. It is basically the last thing my parents would buy me (aside from a collage education), so might as well go for it instead of a used non-WRX impreza.

My bro is really thinking about just getting a honda fit and giving me his WRX. I would love that, as it already has a blitz nur spec r exhaust on it, so I wouldn't have to buy an exhaust. Down side is it has about 55k miles on it, but it would be turbo charged with the exhaust already on it.
WRX to Honda Fit... to each their own. o_O

Used GC ftw.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by jondl
WRX to Honda Fit... to each their own. o_O

Used GC ftw.
No kidding. He loves his car, but not enough to spend that much for gas.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:07 PM

might as well try and get a civic si. It's only $3k more than the impreza and gets a tad better gas mileage. Plus it's faster
Old 06-19-2007, 11:19 PM

Car Info: 2005 Acura RSX Type-S
55k miles isn't bad at all..i consider that pretty good
Old 06-20-2007, 12:08 AM

Car Info: a pickup truck with a gun rack.
Originally Posted by pTx415
55k miles isn't bad at all..i consider that pretty good
my 02 has 34k
Old 06-20-2007, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
might as well try and get a civic si. It's only $3k more than the impreza and gets a tad better gas mileage. Plus it's faster
Why not get a WRX for 4k more?

Cash my parents aren't willing to spend.

Plus, I like all wheel drive over front wheel drive.

Also, I only have ot put unleaded in the impreza, as opposed to premium in the civic.

I also don't really like the civics at all either... or at least the new ones.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:57 PM
NMZ

Car Info: JLH CRAZY
you sound like youre very "close" with your "bro"
Old 06-20-2007, 11:56 PM

Car Info: 95 RHD WRX
Reasons to buy a used GC

1.) Insurence on a GC will be lower, you can get a used L and ej20 it and have insurence registered for a 4 door economy box with 100hp.

2.) If you really need to get a 2.5i, know that the moding capabilities of it are fairly low, and don't dream of making more than 200hp without very much cash. It will never be as fast as a STOCK wrx without major internal work, even then all the WRX needs are a few mods and you're toast. With this in mind, the ej25 hasnt changed too much since it was the 99-01 SOHC ej25. I don't believe theres much difference, besides a few tweaks. The GC is lighter by about 300 pounds(600 if you strip an L) if compaing an RS to a 2.5i and makes the same power.

3.) Chances are you're going to get into an accident. Not faulting you for it, but honestly most people do have a few bumps and scraped when they first start out and pretty much anyone that starting modding cars has crashed at least one, myself included. If you start out with a cheap L, you can build your way up and not worry about things you'd probably change later, or you could just find a nice RS for about 8 -10k and it'd make a stellar daily driver.

Choice is yours, I really really dislike the 2.5i.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:11 AM
06d

Car Info: 2006 aspen white wrx
i personally agree with you, I own a wrx ( not a daily driver) so i don't really care about gas issue. but if you want to go fast and roll with style, but not get you in trouble go for the 2.5i. juss some exterior tweaks nobody will know its a non-turbo. if you habe any question you have the forum or PM me.

Quick Reply: Drove a WRX for the first time on Saturday