Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

those of you with forester din pocket

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 10:57 AM

Car Info: 2005 impreza rs
Question those of you with forester din pocket

Hey everyone, I just got my forester din pocket for my 05 RS. I was playing around with it and I was wondering the best way to intall it. The holes don't line up with the brackets so i'll probably end up drilling holes. I was wondering if I should just drill holes and hope i can get everything flush, or would buying the brackets for the forester make everything fit without any mods? I really want the pocket to line up perfectly and look stock. I don't have a problem drilling holes I'm just afraid that 1/16th of an inch off and it wont look right.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:08 PM

Car Info: '15 WRX
I drilled into the meatier areas of the forester din and used screws and washers to hold it in place. Im sure there are better ways to do it, but it looks just fine for me.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:50 PM

I lined the front of the pocket (not the door) with the front of my (aftermarket) stereo (with the stereo mounted in brackets but out of car) to get the position right then drilled the metal bracket not the pocket. I was less than a 1/16 off but you could tell so I took it out and elongated the holes in the metal bracket slightly with a dremel and adjusted it. I preferred to drill the metal bracket and use the original screw bosses that are molded into the plastic pocket.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:32 AM

Car Info: Black WRX, stock
Originally Posted by ZeR0
I drilled into the meatier areas of the forester din and used screws and washers to hold it in place. Im sure there are better ways to do it, but it looks just fine for me.
I did it this way as well. If you take the brackets out and set everything on a table you can line up the holes you want, drill a very small hole, then use self-tapping screws to make a nice tight fit.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:52 AM

Car Info: 2005 impreza rs
Thanks for the input. I ended up taking it all out and drilling holes. The original factory deck came in handy, i just screwed it in and lined up the din pocket off of that. It came out very nice. Now i need to find a good paint for the silver trim that has suffered some abuse from my projects. Any recomendations? I might go with a color darker than it is now, but still a brushed metalicish color. Any suggestions on the type (brand) of paint and the process? Thanks again for the help.