Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

Teh "How Paranoid are you thread"...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 11:54 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Teh "How Paranoid are you thread"...

I was thinking while i was locking my car up for the evening that I have a lot of **** help to prevent my car from being stolen/broken into.

So i was wondering if people out there were as paranoid then me. I have been fortunate enough to not have been broken into thus far, but I know some of you that have had cars stolen and have gone way over the top.

Me:
Stock Microchip key immobilizer
Avital 5303 2 way Car Alarm
-Proximity Alarm
LoJack
Super Secret 007 kill switch that must be pressed every time you start the car.

I have all of that while having my car parked in my garage every night.

What do you folks have?

(besides the guns)

Last edited by Irish_car_B0mb; 11-22-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I have a killer gnome inside my car. No one try to steal anything from me!
Old 11-22-2010, 03:04 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
A car that's nicer than mine not too far away.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:13 AM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb

Me:
Stock Microchip key immobilizer
Avital 5303 2 way Car Alarm
-Proximity Alarm
LoJack
Super Secret 007 kill switch that must be pressed every time you start the car.
I hate proximity things

Old 11-22-2010, 07:32 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Those aren't that hard to shoot.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Eh if someone really wants something they will get it.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:04 AM

Car Info: San Remo Red '05 WRX
IS that a screen shot from Goldeneye 007 from the n64?!
That is my all time favorite game.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:31 AM

Car Info: 7 Series "Sport"
Just an alarm with battery backup unit in it.. Battery backup is hidden way up in the dash and the wires to it are integrated into the harness. Alarm Brain is also in a total random spot that is impossible to get to. Ignition wires are completely re-routed with the factory wires left in place - but battery supply to the ignition harness is supplied by alarm.. So you can't hotwire it without finding the brain first...

Thats about it.. Most break-ins are smash and grab.. So the key is to not leave anything out in the open to get smashed and grabbed..

Ive had 9 cars broken into over the years.. Never had one stolen.. All but one were smash and grabs.. And the one that wasn't actually took me a day to realize that the car had been broken into (Driving around - wondering where in the hell my CD's were - then .. )

Biggest #1 thing is to keep your damned audio gear outta sight..

I just finished this box yesterday..

Old 11-22-2010, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bouncer
Just an alarm with battery backup unit in it.. Battery backup is hidden way up in the dash and the wires to it are integrated into the harness. Alarm Brain is also in a total random spot that is impossible to get to. Ignition wires are completely re-routed with the factory wires left in place - but battery supply to the ignition harness is supplied by alarm.. So you can't hotwire it without finding the brain first...

Thats about it.. Most break-ins are smash and grab.. So the key is to not leave anything out in the open to get smashed and grabbed..

Ive had 9 cars broken into over the years.. Never had one stolen.. All but one were smash and grabs.. And the one that wasn't actually took me a day to realize that the car had been broken into (Driving around - wondering where in the hell my CD's were - then .. )

Biggest #1 thing is to keep your damned audio gear outta sight..

I just finished this box yesterday..

that looks sick, i want one for my wagon. I had to invent quick disconnects so i could quickly and easily take my subs out of the back for the stroller and the dogs. Not easy enough for someone to steal though. Actually now that i think about it, its a pain in the ***, but easier than unscreweing everything everytime

The only thing i would want diff with that box is some sort of a cover that rolls over instead of needing to be lifted. but def props for that box, well done.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
that looks sick, i want one for my wagon. I had to invent quick disconnects so i could quickly and easily take my subs out of the back for the stroller and the dogs. Not easy enough for someone to steal though. Actually now that i think about it, its a pain in the ***, but easier than unscreweing everything everytime

The only thing i would want diff with that box is some sort of a cover that rolls over instead of needing to be lifted. but def props for that box, well done.
That's just the factory rear deck-lid over the box.. Point was to keep it as stealth as possible - while at the same time not giving up any space for cargo..

If you have a sub box visible it is only a matter of time before someone smashes a window and rips it out of there..

* Edit - another point.. The best protection for theft of the vehicle itself is good insurance.. If you have aftermarket stuff on the car just roll it into the insurance...

Personally - If I ever have a vehicle stolen I do NOT want it back. Once some jacktard has abused the hell outta it? Nooooo way... Ill take a check for a new one from the insurance company please.

Last edited by Bouncer; 11-22-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:57 AM

That's just the factory rear deck-lid over the box.. Point was to keep it as stealth as possible - while at the same time not giving up any space for cargo..

If you have a sub box visible it is only a matter of time before someone smashes a window and rips it out of there..

* Edit - another point.. The best protection for theft of the vehicle itself is good insurance.. If you have aftermarket stuff on the car just roll it into the insurance...

Personally - If I ever have a vehicle stolen I do NOT want it back. Once some jacktard has abused the hell outta it? Nooooo way... Ill take a check for a new one from the insurance company please.
the only reason i dont trip about my box is the windows are blacked out in the back, i mean on a sunny day, with yoru face pressed against the window you still cant see in. (pain in the *** trying to reverse anywhere at night though, cant see ****) Plus i always use that little cover thing for the cargo area.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:46 PM

Car Info: (sold)2004 WRB STi, MY05 WRX Wagon
currently really paranoid...i have a civic hatch that was recently stolen and stripped and left on a hill 2 minutes away from my house...they cut the grille to open the hood and cut the alarm wire before it can go off. My sister's bf hooked up a hood-propping sensor thingy that goes off if someone opens the hood without pressing the alarm. Planning to get a 2 way pager and a removable steering hub (well, more like a kind of possibility) and a second battery to run the alarm
Old 12-15-2010, 04:54 PM

Car Info: WRB 03(sold) AW 03(sold) 02 Taco!
Originally Posted by Teagleye
IS that a screen shot from Goldeneye 007 from the n64?!
That is my all time favorite game.

Right? I still play it!
Old 12-16-2010, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by immmikey
currently really paranoid...i have a civic hatch that was recently stolen and stripped and left on a hill 2 minutes away from my house...they cut the grille to open the hood and cut the alarm wire before it can go off. My sister's bf hooked up a hood-propping sensor thingy that goes off if someone opens the hood without pressing the alarm. Planning to get a 2 way pager and a removable steering hub (well, more like a kind of possibility) and a second battery to run the alarm
I recognize the avatar from somewhere..

Teh Barf?

And yes - battery backup ftw! You can get alarm battery backup units that you just wire into the alarms harness in the cabin.. I have one stuffed waaaaayyy up into my dash.. Plus horn honk and the actual siren alarm is totally hidden - as is the siren.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:49 AM

Car Info: (sold)2004 WRB STi, MY05 WRX Wagon
I recognize the avatar from somewhere..

Teh Barf?

And yes - battery backup ftw! You can get alarm battery backup units that you just wire into the alarms harness in the cabin.. I have one stuffed waaaaayyy up into my dash.. Plus horn honk and the actual siren alarm is totally hidden - as is the siren.
ahaha yupp...Mike T from BARF...whats your sn on BARF?