Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

Pioneer DEH-P6200BT

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 12:19 PM

Car Info: 2006 Subaru WRX
Pioneer DEH-P6200BT

Does anyone have one of these? I'm looking for a new radio and was looking at Alpine and Pioneer. This model looks pretty sweet. I'll likely try to install it myself (we'll see how that goes ...).

Any recommendations?
Old 06-29-2010, 02:06 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
The Pioneer DEH-P6200BT is a pretty solid unit as it is with pretty much all Pioneer stereos. I had an old DEH-P6800MP stereo in my old Outback and it was great and now I have a AVH-P4100DVD stereo in my current Suby and I am loving it even more.

What kind of price range are you looking at and what do you plan to do with the stereo? Are you going to have a iPod hooked up to it? Do you make a lot of calls and need the bluetooth? Either way I would go with something that has a multi line display, because trying to scroll through menus with only one line of text is going drive most people crazy. Me personally I like the double din units, I know they can get really expensive, but I think they look really good in our cars and they are so much more user friendly, and of course you feel like a baller when you have a touch screen

As for install, it really is a piece of cake. I cannot believe that people actually feel good about charging $50 to do it. Here's a write-up on how to do it I found on NASIOC http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919560
Old 06-29-2010, 03:32 PM

Car Info: 2006 Subaru WRX
I was looking at the multi line display ones but they're definitely out of my price range. Important to me is good sound options (car came with a sweet custom sub), good iPod controls and a CD player. I like the aux port too so my friends can easily plug in their players.

I have an iPod hookup but also like being able to plug in my iPod from the front. I do use a bluetooth but I don't make a ton of calls. I was looking at the model below the 6200 that didn't have bluetooth support but I thought it would be a nice add. My price range is probably up to 300 but 200 is kinda the sweet spot.

I don't need to be a baller ha ha I'm a short little white girl lol

Thanks for the install thread. I'll definitely be using that!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:44 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
I'd go for a FH-P8000BT, you get the iPod control, USB, auxiliary input, Bluetooth, multi line display, and it is double din so you won't have to get any pockets or adapters (which will make the install very smooth*). Only downer is that the inputs are in the rear, but with the proper extension cables (USB and headphone**) you can route them to the glovebox and keep everything neat and clean. I don't know how you feel about used electronics but you can get a used one off Amazon for $150, Refurbished for $259.99 and New for $325. Not bad for a unit that retails for $369.

*Another thing to keep in mind when looking at prices is that you will need the proper adapters to make the new stereo fit. If you get an single din stereo you will need a pocket to fill the rest of the opening in you dash and on of those will cost about $10 and you will also need a wiring harness which will cost another $1-$5 depending on where you get it.

**Also with extra costsI feel that I should point out, a USB extension will probably come with the stereo, and a male to male headphone extension, unless you get an expensive one from radioshack, should be no more than $5 at the most.

Last edited by JourdanWithaU; 06-29-2010 at 05:01 PM.