Strider Subaru meet Sept. 2007

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:48 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT Java black
Strider Subaru meet Sept. 2007

Hey guys, I just wanted to post a heads up post for a possible upcoming meet. I am working with the local dealership here where I live hoping to get a meet organized. This meet will be open to all Subaru owners but I want to see some Foresters there other than my own. The past couple of dealer sponsored meets I have been to there have been no more than 3-5 foresters in attendance. I want more representation.

The dealership is Strider Subaru in Asheboro, NC home of the NC Zoo. We are in the middle of the state so driving should be easy for all those in the surrounding area. This dealership is an outstanding force in our area and they sponsor many car shows but never have they had a Subaru meet until I brought the idea to them. I spoke with the main man Toby today in person. We chatted for about 15min discussing ideas for the meet. Right now he is going to look at his options but gave me the best he could for a propossed date. While there is no actual date set the plan is to schedule the meet for a Saturday in September. He wants to do what he can as far as entertainment and food but keep in mind guys this is a meet and what do we do at meets? We stand around and talk and admire each others cars.

Once he gets back to me on an actual date, time, and list of activities I can better plan what my ideas are for post meet activities. I would like as many of us as possble to gather once the dealership meet has ended. We can go for a drive, maybe eat somewhere, or see some local sites. I definately want there to be a drive afterwards regardless of what happens. I am open for suggestions as well. If you have any ideas please share them with me. Right now we have somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 months to finalize the plans. I really want to see a good turn out since it was my idea to suggest a meet with our local dealer. I definately do not want to look stupid.
Right now this same dealership holds classic car shows every 4th Friday during July, August, & September and the biggest turn out for that has been over 100 cars. I would like to see at least half that many Subarus if not more. Please guys, if there is a particular Saturday in Septemeber that is good for you let me know, otherwise make plans to show on the Saturday that is scheduled. I will post again once I know all the details.

Thanks a bunch.