Car Meet / Beach BBQ, Dec. 14th (This Weekend) - Naples/SWFL

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 12:37 PM

Car Info: 06 STI
Post Car Meet / Beach BBQ, Dec. 14th (This Weekend) - Naples/SWFL

FCC Car Meet / Beach BBQ, Dec. 14th - Naples

Sponsored by http://www.Danase.com & Planet Smoothie - Naples, Florida

Thread and pictures of the last meet: Everyone invited to Beach Meet/BBQ hosted by Florida Car Club December 14th. - Florida Car Club Forums

Hey everyone! Time to wash and wax your cars and come on out to a meet at the beach in Naples! The meet is going to be held a private beach park located at 2101 GULF SHORE BLVD N. There is a chick-ee hut with plenty of picnic tables and a large parking area surrounding the chick-ee.

Being that this is a private beach, the rules are simple...if you wouldn't do it in front of a cop don't do it here. Anyone seen doing anything stupid will be asked to leave. NO burning out, blaring of stereos, or anything that will cause destruction. We'll be collecting license plate tags and have a police officer on the premises most of the time catching anyone who decides they want to show off and do a burnout.

Time: 11:00am-?? At least 3-4pm. I figure around 1 or so we will order up a bunch of pizzas or some other kind of food.

Place: 2101 GULF SHORE BLVD S Naples, Florida 34103
Host: Florida Car Club Forums - Powered by vBulletin
What: Car meet at the beach with food, drinks, etc...

All we ask is that everyone in attendance pitch in $5 or $10 to cover the food, drinks, and other misc. fees associated with holding this event.

If you have any questions please post them in the thread or send Zach or Santacruzslick a PM.

Also, please help get the word out on this! Post a link to the meet thread with a brief description on any and every forum you may be on.

PLEASE send Zach or Santacruzslick a PM if you will be attending and if any others will be coming with you.

Pictures of past FloridaCarClub get togethers: Official FCC Southwest Meet Pics - Page 5 - Florida Car Club Forums

Special thanks to our FCC sponsors:

Danase Detailing - Enter the coupon code "florida" on their website to get 10% off your entire order, including already marked down prices!

Naples Planet Smoothie - Planet Smoothie - Naples, Florida

Festivals of Speed - Festivals of Speed

Name:  DSCN1048.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  66.7 KB

Last edited by Pastapuck; 12-10-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:15 AM

If you are a local - Cape Coral, Naples, Fort Myers, Bonita, Marco Island, I'd highly recommend checking the meet out. If you're 1.5-3+ hours away, before you make the drive I'd like it to be known that this not a massively big meet - it's difficult to arrange large meets in Southwest Florida like you can in bigger cities like Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Orlando, ect. - if there is a chance you may be dissapointed if you make the drive, I'd rather save you the trip and be completely up front with you. With that said, I hope to see some of you there. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm sure we will have 40 cars. Hoping for more. Last meet we had around 80 at the peak and a constant 50 or 60.

On a different note: The address previously posted is incorrect. The correct address is 2101 Gulfshore Blvd South Naples Florida 34103.

Simple directions are as follows:
If you're on US-41 in Naples near the coastland center mall you want to turn west onto Mooring Line Drive. It is about a block north of the mall and there is a BP gas station on the corner. From there you're going to stay on that road, go through a stop light, and then over a small bridge. After going over the bridge the road will make a bend to the left, just towards the end of the bend you will see a large open beach access area with a hedge lining the road and a large chick-ee hut. This is the place!

We are asking that attendees donate $5, $10, whatever they can, to help pay for the funding of this event. We are going to have drinks, snacks, and either be doing a BBQ or ordering a bunch of pizzas. Also, if you'd like to make a donation to Toys for Tots please bring an unopened toy for a worthy cause.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:11 PM

The big day is tomorrow. If you're planning on attending please try to be there as close to 11:00 AM as possible. Please make sure you bring everything you want to bring. One last reminder, the address is: 2101 Gulfshore Blvd South Naples Florida 34103.

An estimate on the turnout is hard for me to provide since there's really no way to tell, I am thinking that 40 cars on average should be expected, and I would not be surprised if there were quite a bit more than that at the peak.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:37 PM

Hey guys, about the donation - it's costing us $3 per person to reserve the spots, all the money is going towards that, we also bought a ton of drinks, some snacks, beer, and are ordering a bunch of pizzas tomorrow (grilling isn't allowed), so if you plan on eating or drinking $5 or $10 for lunch is not bad and it will help us cover everyone. If you want to give more than that be my guest. Looking forward to seeing you there tomorrow.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:36 PM

Forgot to post these up, here are some pictures from the meet.

Thanks everyone who came out, see you next year