SoCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Socal: STI/WRX/Forester/92x SPT Coilovers (04 STI, 02-07 WRX/92x, Forester)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 11:18 AM

Car Info: '05 Saabaru 92x Aero
Socal: STI/WRX/Forester/92x SPT Coilovers (04 STI, 02-07 WRX/92x, Forester)

Its a sad day but I've decided to part out my car and i'm selling the STI/WRX SPT Coilovers (04 STI, 02-07 WRX) that i recently purchased. The coilovers are in good condition, they only have 11k miles on them. The front coilovers come with camber plates (don't know the brand) and the rear come with Group N top mounts.

Pics:

]

Installed on the car:

I also have the rear helper springs (were removed due to the rear group n top mounts) and the STI adjustment wrench, and the 2 camber plate bolts that i'll include in the sale. I cleaned the struts and repacked the grease on them with Mobil 1 Red Synthetic grease before i installed them, which has only been for 400 miles. There are some very small smooth surface knicks on the pistons from the previous owner but they do not effect the performance or reliability of them.

The coilovers are height and 4-way dampening adjustable. The spring rates are 5k/6k and the ride is comfortable (relative to other coilovers) for daily driver but turn up the dampeners and the ride was stiff. I would say they rode like a stock STI on the 1 setting (softest) and rode like my old GAB coilovers on my 2.5RS on 4 setting (hardest).

Having come from prodrive blue springs/tokico dspecs and prodrive STI red (05) springs/tokico dspecs previously, I can say that those were both very nice daily driver setups. These coilovers are around the same comfort level as those on the 1 setting. When i turned them up to the 4 setting they were stiff and ready for track use. These are the perfect balance between daily driver and track use in my opinion.

I liked these coilovers alot, they are WELL built, built to last, and don't need rebuilding every XX miles like other coilovers.

I'm just trying to recoup the money i spent on these. $875 picked up in Temecula, CA or $875+shipping at buyers expense. Please pm me if you're seriously interested or have any questions. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by lildragn11; 12-05-2009 at 08:01 PM.