OK Crunch time! Baja is going to Japan things to do..

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 10:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AKA Sigma Pi (Co-Driver)
OK Crunch time! Baja is going to Japan things to do..

well... Flight leaves Thrusday Night YAY...

So i need to plan what i am gonna do wile in Japan with my Uncle..

Ok...

Base Camp
Hotel Monterey La Soeur Ginza
1-10-18 Ginza, Chuo-Ku, Tokyo

So....

those who have been....

During the day
things my uncle wants to see..
1. sights
2. shopping
3. cultural stuff

Things i want to do most of it is night.
1. Massage Happy ending? (got that thanks to Loocha! good looking out)
2. The real Japan underground how is the night life how crazy can it get... what can i get away with
3. What else GIRLS!

Things on the side...
Gonna check out Amuse, and J's thats a must for me
ride the bullet train, look for Kyosho TF2 Type R parts!!!

so...

any one have tips on where to go, what trains to get, passes, discounts, other things to do and see.

Personal pocket budget 2g's thats what ever party money, room and food is covered... What can 2g's buy me in Japan.

lets have it ppl
Old 10-13-2008, 11:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AKA Sigma Pi (Co-Driver)
ok problem 1 solved i know how to get from the airport to the hotel... so now i need to know places to visit so i can find out how to get there...

should i attempt to rent a car and drive like a typical american tourist??
Old 10-14-2008, 12:41 AM

Car Info: 2005 Acura RSX
kitty waitress tea bears?
Old 10-14-2008, 02:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Can't rent a car w/o Int.'l Driver's License.

Anyway, stuff to do in and near Tokyo:
-Go to Hakone town near Mt. Fuji for an overnight stay at a hotel with an onsen (natural hot spring), your achey, cold body will thank you for it.
-Hit the West side of Tokyo for a fun night: Start in Shibuya, party on to Shinjuku, then party on to Harajuku, then end the night in style in Ikebukuro. By the time you're done in Ikebukuro, it should be about 8 to 10 hours later if you're partying hard enough
-Go window-shopping in Ginza. Don't buy anything unless it's really cheap, b/c you're prolly getting ripped off. There's also a shop that sells nothing but PIAA merchandise on the main drag -- worth checking out (note: I don't know if it's still around, it's been years since I've been)
-Head out to Daikoku Futo on a weekend night. Look for car club and hashiriya meets there.
-Hang out in Odaiba. Check out Decks shopping center and the Sega Joypolis ("Real car" Initial D FTW!), and pay a visit to the Fuji TV building.
- Go to Yokohama and explore. Ride the ferris wheel for a great view. Miss Chinese food? Go to Chinatown!
- Visit Yoyogi Park on a Sunday to check out the cosplayers and visual rockers, b-boys, goth lolitas, rockabillies, etc. Stop by Meiji Shrine if so inclined, it's nearby.
- Go to Tsujiki Fish Market early in the AM (but not Wednesday, it's closed every other Wednesday) and prepare to be amazed. Stop by one of the spots inside for good and comparatively inexpensive sushi.
- Check out Roppongi Hills for high end shops and designer labels, or just check out the rich bastards that can afford to shop there
- Hit up the bars and clubs in Roppongi and be dazzled (just watch out for gangsters and con artists)
- Visit some shrines and temples if you like; I suggest Asakusa Kanon Temple and its Nakamichi shopping market.
- Go to the Imperial Palace on the Sumida River and take a cruise if you like.
- Check out the view from the top of Tokyo Tower OR from the federal building in Shinjuku (free admission here!)
- Visit Super Autobacs.
- Watch kabuki.
- If you wanna shop for electronics, forget buying in Akihabara since things are over-priced there. Find any branch of Sakura-ya and do your shopping there.
- Go shopping in Shinjuku; while you're there, stop by the federal building there: you can check out the free observation deck there and get a good, cheap western meal in the cafeteria there
- Check out Shibuya and especially Kabuki-cho for good cheap eats and drinks, but Kabuki-cho's a kinda red light district and there's a large drag queen community there
- Don't bother visiting Ueno Park. It's kinda disappointing and the zoo is nothing compared to zoos here in the States.
- If you wanna buy electronics, any branch of Sakura-ya is pretty cheap and all products have guarantees there

Last edited by Choku Dori; 10-14-2008 at 02:52 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
do you have AAA? It's like $20 to get a one year international drivers license.

Not to familiar with Tokyo, been ages, but Roppongi (near Tokyo Tower) is one of the general night spots.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:55 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
i have my Intl lic.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:05 AM

Car Info: 11 DGM Hatch
Originally Posted by sigma pi
i have my Intl lic.
mike gran turismo 2 doesnt count
Old 10-14-2008, 09:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO
Originally Posted by datboijon
mike gran turismo 2 doesnt count
Old 10-14-2008, 09:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...ight=kabukicho
my last trip to Jap-land

ok

During the day
things my uncle wants to see..
1. sights
2. shopping
3. cultural stuff

2. The real Japan underground how is the night life how crazy can it get... what can i get away with
3. What else GIRLS!

Things on the side...
Gonna check out Amuse, and J's thats a must for me
ride the bullet train, look for Kyosho TF2 Type R parts!!!
When you get out of the airport, make sure you stop by one of the JR railway offices. Its underground of the airport before you get to the trains. Buy a 5 days rail pass which costs like 200 bucks I believe or less. You'll spend a lot more if you don't buy one. Plus this covers the bullet train. Ride it all you want.

JR Trains have good maps and its in semi engrish.
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/info/map_a4ol.pdf

For shopping and all the random stuff you want. Go to Akihabara (秋葉原)
If you want the red light district which is a mix of New Orleans and Las Vegas...Kabukichō (歌舞伎町)

You want night life and crazy wandering...Shibuya (渋谷区). During the day time visit Harajuku (原宿)

Another place you may like and you can take you uncle there since a lot of Westerners hang out there is Roppongi (六本木)

You can hit all of these places with the JR.

If you want to go street racing, I can give you my friends phone number. Take the JR bullet train to Yokohama and he'll pick you up at the station. He speaks hella stupid broken english so good luck but he'll take you racing on the Wangan and even drifting in the streets near the Marina. Last time I was out there we ran into some of the JDM Option crew, Smokey Nagata and some other people.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:49 AM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
If you want to stop and rest your dogs for a bit and grab some food, takashima-ya is a good place if I remember correctly. Its a mall that is shoved into a hi-rise that has a train running underneath the building. Its crazy how much stuf they can shove into one of those things. I haven't been in about 30 years now so might have to check the other things out if I happen to stop by there.

choku-dori gives a good list. Now, its seri's turn.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:54 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sigma pi
i have my Intl lic.
yep me too

international ftw
Old 10-14-2008, 10:06 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx
I think franco's plan is an excellent plan. in fact i'm saving it cuz thats how i wanna spend my trip to japan! if i ever have enough money to go haha
Old 10-14-2008, 10:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 wrx wagon
how long are you going for? if it's more than a week, get a rail pass. if you're doing sightseeing in kyoto, it'll pay for itself in one trip (one week rail pass).

my list:
go to kyoto (kinkakuji and kiyomizudera are must sees IMO)
go to the tokyo tower before they tear it down - i need to go!
skip the imperial palace
eat lots of crepes and sushi and hamburg steak <--important one
climb mt. fuji... or pretend like you did by visiting the hot springs in hakone w/ a view of mt. fuji - i've never been (unless my mom took me when i was little) and want to go
try kaiseki ryori in kyoto ($$$$$) or kobe beef in kobe ($$$$)

btw - i'm not too familiar with the tokyo area, but if you ever go to hokkaido (hakodate), i will have a HUGE list.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Meep Meep!
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...ight=kabukicho
my last trip to Jap-land

ok

When you get out of the airport, make sure you stop by one of the JR railway offices. Its underground of the airport before you get to the trains. Buy a 5 days rail pass which costs like 200 bucks I believe or less. You'll spend a lot more if you don't buy one. Plus this covers the bullet train. Ride it all you want.

JR Trains have good maps and its in semi engrish.
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/info/map_a4ol.pdf

For shopping and all the random stuff you want. Go to Akihabara (秋葉原)
If you want the red light district which is a mix of New Orleans and Las Vegas...Kabukichō (歌舞伎町)

You want night life and crazy wandering...Shibuya (渋谷区). During the day time visit Harajuku (原宿)

Another place you may like and you can take you uncle there since a lot of Westerners hang out there is Roppongi (六本木)

You can hit all of these places with the JR.

If you want to go street racing, I can give you my friends phone number. Take the JR bullet train to Yokohama and he'll pick you up at the station. He speaks hella stupid broken english so good luck but he'll take you racing on the Wangan and even drifting in the streets near the Marina. Last time I was out there we ran into some of the JDM Option crew, Smokey Nagata and some other people.

hahahahahahah go kenji!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:22 AM
VIP Member

3. What else GIRLS!
Am I the only one who know's how to comment on this?

What else do you guys do out there?