im going to japan in sep. for the first time to meet the wifes family

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 04:47 PM

Car Info: 2007 black subaru impreza 2.5 i
im going to japan in sep. for the first time to meet the wifes family

hey BAIC, havent posted in a while. I will be going to Japan in Sep. for a few weeks to meet the wifes family for the first time. I've never been
so anyone whos been there before have any: tips, advice, suggestions, places to go, places to see, things to do, things not to do, any tips for the plane ride? etc.?

for most of the time it will be me (american), my wife ( who is from japan) and our son ( 9 months old)
Old 05-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Akihabara!!
Old 05-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
What part of Japan do you plan on going to?
Old 05-27-2008, 05:18 PM

Car Info: 05 330i ZHP, 02 ES300, 85 MR2 SC
Akihabara!!
+2
Old 05-27-2008, 11:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
What part of Japan do you plan on going to?
+1.
That, and how much freedom will you have to sate your lu.., er, WANDERlust?
Old 05-28-2008, 09:20 AM

haha well nagano will kind of be home base ( that where her family lives) and we will check out tokyo, kyoto, and anywhere in between . as for freedom, i might have a day or so to myself
Old 05-28-2008, 12:49 PM
VIP Member

Well, Nagano I don't know too much about, but I can try to help you out w/ Tokyo. What are your interests?
All those guys that said Akihabara are probably electronic gadgets nerd otaku dirty boys with maid and cosplay fetishes. My kinda people
Old 05-28-2008, 12:54 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Kyoto is a must, hit up the Gion district and all the clubs.shops.bars by the river at night

Also, you must eat a real meal from a Japanese steak house (kobe or ohmi beef), its to die for and worth the $$$$
Old 05-28-2008, 01:14 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi 2012 STi
Tsukiji Fish Market is a must for the BEST sushi youll ever taste. get there at 5am so you can witness the auction

Hit kyoto/nara if you can. bullet train ftw!

otherwise any of the districts in the tokyo area are worth checking out. harajuku is fun...sundown is the best time tho. roppongi, shabuya, shinjuku, ginza, yokohama, all fun things to see/do.

tokyo tower is a good way to see everything like the empire state building lets you.

i enjoyed the day i spent in nagano!!! so make sure to check out all of those sites.

Upgarage and any car places you can hit are cool. just do your research into the ones you want to go to...since theyre all different and have different parts for different cars..some are honda special, suby special, toyo etc... but all should have random things like stereos and seats/wheels etc.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:26 PM

can you bring back a car part, or is that a no go (assuming it fits in luggage), I really need a lower grill for my 06, lol............if you see one grab it!
Old 05-28-2008, 01:32 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Well, Nagano I don't know too much about, but I can try to help you out w/ Tokyo. What are your interests?
All those guys that said Akihabara are probably electronic gadgets nerd otaku dirty boys with maid and cosplay fetishes. My kinda people
dont forget lolicom
Old 05-28-2008, 01:59 PM

yeah definitely, if anyone needs anything brought back for them let me know as long as its reasonable
Old 05-28-2008, 03:02 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Lightbulb 10 Japanese Customs You Must Know Before a Trip to Japan

http://matadorstudy.com/10-japanese-...trip-to-japan/
Old 05-28-2008, 07:21 PM
VIP Member

Here we go, Kanto area guide!

-Go to Hakone town near Mt. Fuji for an overnight stay at a hotel with an onsen (natural hot spring), your achey, cold body will thank you for it.
-Hit the West side of Tokyo for a fun night: Start in Shibuya, party on to Shinjuku, then party on to Harajuku, then end the night in style in Ikebukuro. By the time you're done in Ikebukuro, it should be about 8 to 10 hours later if you're partying hard enough (I guess you might have to disregard my scheduling, but seriously, these are the fun parts of Tokyo)
-Go window-shopping in Ginza. Don't buy anything unless it's really cheap, b/c you're prolly getting ripped off. There's also a shop that sells nothing but PIAA merchandise on the main drag -- worth checking out (note: I don't know if it's still around, it's been years since I've been)
-Head out to Daikoku Futo on a weekend night. Look for car club and hashiriya meets there.
-Hang out in Odaiba. Check out Decks shopping center and the Sega Joypolis ("Real car" Initial D FTW!), and pay a visit to the Fuji TV building.
- Go to Yokohama and explore. Ride the ferris wheel for a great view. Miss Chinese food? Go to Chinatown!
- Visit Yoyogi Park on a Sunday to check out the cosplayers and visual rockers, b-boys, goth lolitas, rockabillies, etc. Stop by Meiji Shrine if so inclined, it's nearby.
- Go to Tsujiki Fish Market early in the AM (but not Wednesday, it's closed every other Wednesday) and prepare to be amazed. Stop by one of the spots inside for good and comparatively inexpensive sushi.
- Check out Roppongi Hills for high end shops and designer labels, or just check out the rich bastards that can afford to shop there
- Hit up the bars and clubs in Roppongi and be dazzled (just watch out for gangsters and con artists)
- Visit some shrines and temples if you like; I suggest Asakusa Kanon Temple and its Nakamichi shopping market.
- Go to the Imperial Palace on the Sumida River and take a cruise if you like.
- Check out the view from the top of Tokyo Tower OR from the federal building in Shinjuku
- Visit Super Autobacs.
- Watch kabuki.
- If you wanna shop for electronics, forget buying in Akihabara since things are over-priced there. Find any branch of Sakura-ya and do your shopping there.
- Go shopping in Shinjuku; while you're there, stop by the federal building there: you can check out the free observation deck there and get a good, cheap western meal in the cafeteria there
- Check out Shibuya and especially Kabuki-cho for good cheap eats and drinks, but Kabuki-cho's a kinda red light district and there's a large drag queen community there
- Don't bother visiting Ueno Park. It's kinda disappointing and the zoo is nothing compared to zoos here in the States.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:01 PM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
shinjuku red light district