My last "They didn't go moon trip".

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by samurai
perhaps, but you're not going to tell an astronaut that went to the moon to drive exactly at the same speed all the time. Some times, they gunned it, sometimes they kept it slow, sometimes it was loaded with one person, etc etc etc. It all makes a diff in a reduced grav field. Also, note that they were going up on a hill here. I would think it would be as hard to skip going up a hill on earth as well as the moon.
So you are implying that they speeded up when the wanted to stop and that is why the front tire lost contact and we see no tire tracks.

samurai, I think you need to stop now

Last edited by Ichinobu; 09-05-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:39 PM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
Originally Posted by Ichinobu
So you are implying that they speeded up when the wanted to stop and that is why the front tire lost contact and we see no tire tracks.

samurai, I think you need to stop now
Well, that pic you showed was going uphill. The pic you show here is more flat.

dynamics of car going up dirt hill =/= dynamics of car going on a flat dirt surface.

I think you in turn need to stop believing wacko librarians and conspiracy theorists who are crackpots in nature who know just know key phrases and catch terms and talk to some engineers who worked on the Apollo LM. Those are the guys who did the work and know that thing from top to bottom. You and I never went to the moon and only have these pics to believe. As for me, unlike you, I trust the engineers and what they did and they set forth what is the space industry today. If they say they did it, then i sure as hell believe that they did.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:15 PM

lack of gravity causes your prints to be lighter not deeper. Like walking in the deep end of the pool.
Sooo... that would support my theory that the tracks might skip or the tracks might be not as visible.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:25 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon

This picture doesn't even have track marks behind the rover wheels while it's moving!

Last edited by MVWRX; 09-05-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Wagon
lack of gravity causes your prints to be lighter not deeper. Like walking in the deep end of the pool.
What I was saying is when you hop up and down you create a deeper footprint compare to walking.

On a side note... on Earth at least, the way you walk has a lot to do with the kind of foot print you make. Body Weight Distribution, the musle you use to walk, and the way you pick up your feet are some of the factor that determine the foot print that you are going to leave and the amount of traction you have when walking up hill on sandy stuff. I am no engineer but I hike probably 200-300 miles a year. This has nothing to do with the discussion but I just want to sound intelligent =)
Old 09-05-2007, 03:34 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
sounds nice but if there is going to be skipping it should have happened on this hoop tee doo but notice all tracks

ok ok if teh air borne theory is true they should have got airborne over the bump but its didnt you can see the track

that is such a small incle they are going more on teh side of the hill
Old 09-05-2007, 03:36 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by MVWRX
By the way, I do see faint tracks behind the front wheel in the picture in the post from 1PM today.
Originally Posted by MVWRX

This picture doesn't even have track marks behind the rover wheels while it's moving!
wait now you super sight eagle eye is now not seeing the super faint barely there tracks?!?!??!?!

i dunno about taht sir
Old 09-05-2007, 03:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 wrx wagon
Sooo... that would support my theory that the tracks might skip or the tracks might be not as visible.
that's true, but they shouldn't disappear like the pic w/ the dude inside the rover. are you saying that the rover skipped the length of the wheelbase?
Old 09-05-2007, 03:40 PM

Here is a fresh angle though I'm sticking to my story about the tracks and the construction and the dirt.

I'm not a geological expert, but here is NASA's take on the "rocks were fabricated" theory and would probably debunk everything said here. There is literally no way to "fake" a moon rock.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast23feb_2.htm
Old 09-05-2007, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by shim022
that's true, but they shouldn't disappear like the pic w/ the dude inside the rover. are you saying that the rover skipped the length of the wheelbase?
If it launched airborne at a higher speed, sure. Grav field is much less than what you'd find on earth. There was an overhead video of an astronaut doing a wheelie.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
ok ok if teh air borne theory is true they should have got airborne over the bump but its didnt you can see the track

that is such a small incle they are going more on teh side of the hill
maybe they were simply going slower?
Old 09-05-2007, 03:45 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
wait now you super sight eagle eye is now not seeing the super faint barely there tracks?!?!??!?!

i dunno about taht sir

HA. I do know about 'taht'. I see a faint track in the earlier picture (post at 1pm), behind the right front tire towards the inboard side. In the 'moving' picture, dust is obscuring the area just behind the wheels, and other than that I see no print.

I suppose my point overall with this is that tracks left by feet and vehicles are variable everywhere, including the moon. The presence or absence of obvious tracks in these pictures cannot be used to proove or disproove that they were on the moon.

Furthermore, the most compeling evidence about the trip to the moon is listed in the myriad links posted early in this thread that debunk all of the hoax theories. The piece that most impresses me is the presence of laser reflectors on the moon in the exact locations that our astronauts landed and set up their stuff...both gov't and private entities have used the reflectors for measurments and research, and their existance is certain.

Last edited by MVWRX; 09-05-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:54 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
STUPID THEORY AHOY!

lets say nasa did fake the moon landing. Do you think with everything they did, down to the last detail, the one thing they would overlook would be the tire tracks?

why would they drag and drop the vehicles with a crane? why would they not have just drove or pushed the vehicles into position for the shots, which would create the tire tracks?

do you think that there is something odd about the moon, because..you know.. its not the earth, that causes tire tracks to disappear or be very faint?

If this was a conspiracy, I think they would have made sure there were tracks. They did land, so they don't care if they were there or not, they are missing for some odd reason, more then likely BECAUSE THEY WERE ON THE MOON!
Old 09-05-2007, 03:58 PM
9 to 5 mod

Here is a fresh angle though I'm sticking to my story about the tracks and the construction and the dirt.

I'm not a geological expert, but here is NASA's take on the "rocks were fabricated" theory and would probably debunk everything said here. There is literally no way to "fake" a moon rock.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast23feb_2.htm
LOOK TIM!!!!!!!!!!!

you know this guy is a son of a ***** liar

"Moon rocks are absolutely unique," says Dr. David McKay

look at his last name and it says Dr infront of it hahhaa
Old 09-05-2007, 04:03 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx
LOOK TIM!!!!!!!!!!!

you know this guy is a son of a ***** liar

"Moon rocks are absolutely unique," says Dr. David McKay

look at his last name and it says Dr infront of it hahhaa
Dr McKay.... lol

Quick Reply: My last "They didn't go moon trip".