Good morning! sign in

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 02:19 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by flippin awsome
To answer your question, no i haven't tried making delicate pastries. I've made alot of cakes and cookies all from scracth. I really enjoy making food for others and its something that i've thought about for a good 2 years before i made up my mind and wanted to do it. Nothing makes me happier than seeing other enjoy the cakes i bake them for their birthdays or when i bake cookies for chirstmas.

i didnt know i was invited! dang it!
add me to your cookie list please.

Old 11-04-2005, 03:11 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
To answer your question, no i haven't tried making delicate pastries. I've made alot of cakes and cookies all from scracth. I really enjoy making food for others and its something that i've thought about for a good 2 years before i made up my mind and wanted to do it. Nothing makes me happier than seeing other enjoy the cakes i bake them for their birthdays or when i bake cookies for chirstmas.

ok ill come to your pad to get some food

and come out next week we will be doing it again
Old 11-04-2005, 03:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84

I strongly agree with you. Everyone needs to eat and it's definitely something that can bring people together. Back in Chicago, I'd use to have BBQs at my place and it just gives me the greatest feelings to make food for friends and family. The idea of bringing people together and give them a wonderful experience by food is definitely one of the best reasons why chefs are chefs. I couldn't agree more. So you "build" cakes, huh? Any tips on making a cheesecake with out having cracks on the top? I was told that by baking it while having it surrounded by water.. around half way to the top will keep the cheesecake moisten and crack free.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius

well *** next week, I'll bring my wizards robe and hat
Old 11-04-2005, 10:12 PM

Car Info: juice box
Originally Posted by hey1
I strongly agree with you. Everyone needs to eat and it's definitely something that can bring people together. Back in Chicago, I'd use to have BBQs at my place and it just gives me the greatest feelings to make food for friends and family. The idea of bringing people together and give them a wonderful experience by food is definitely one of the best reasons why chefs are chefs. I couldn't agree more. So you "build" cakes, huh? Any tips on making a cheesecake with out having cracks on the top? I was told that by baking it while having it surrounded by water.. around half way to the top will keep the cheesecake moisten and crack free.
I always have to make food for my friends when they have parties, but i dont mind cause i do enjoy it. Yeah do a water bath when you're baking the cheese cake. it really works, because since there is steam coming from the water is keeps moisture around the cheesecake and pevents cracking. Comes out perfect everytime i use a water bath. Make sure you use some what of a shallow pan for the water and hot water

Originally Posted by LifePlaza
well *** next week, I'll bring my wizards robe and hat
i dont drive a subaru, is that still okay?!?!?!? but then again i dont know if i want to go anymore since you're gonna bring your wizard gear along

Last edited by flippin awsome; 11-04-2005 at 11:17 PM.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:57 AM
VIP Member

I always have to make food for my friends when they have parties, but i dont mind cause i do enjoy it. Yeah do a water bath when you're baking the cheese cake. it really works, because since there is steam coming from the water is keeps moisture around the cheesecake and pevents cracking. Comes out perfect everytime i use a water bath. Make sure you use some what of a shallow pan for the water and hot water

i dont drive a subaru, is that still okay?!?!?!? but then again i dont know if i want to go anymore since you're gonna bring your wizard gear along

ah.. perhaps.. hot was is the key. I do place it in a water bath.. but I always fill it up with water and then put it in the oven along with the cheesecake batter at the same time... that could be the problem. Are you good at making crepe? cuz I suck at it. For some reason, it'll take like a pancake. Although the batter is somewhat similar.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:49 AM

Car Info: juice box
Originally Posted by hey1
ah.. perhaps.. hot was is the key. I do place it in a water bath.. but I always fill it up with water and then put it in the oven along with the cheesecake batter at the same time... that could be the problem. Are you good at making crepe? cuz I suck at it. For some reason, it'll take like a pancake. Although the batter is somewhat similar.
Yeah the water is suppose to be hot before you put the cheesecake in. Making crepes....never really tried it, but i know when you cook it you're suppose to laddle it in a really thin layer so it will cook evenly and faster. Do you use a pan? if you do i'd probably recomend you use like a flat griddle of some sort, maybe that would solve your problem.

and good morning! 3:49 am
Old 11-05-2005, 08:52 AM
9 to 5 mod

morning

ive been at work since 8am
Old 11-05-2005, 09:24 AM
VIP Member

morgen
Old 11-05-2005, 09:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 White GDB
good morning everyone...i'm never up this early on saturdays
Old 11-05-2005, 10:17 AM
9 to 5 mod

i always am
Old 11-05-2005, 10:40 AM
VIP Member

when do you sleep? cause it seems like you never are.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:42 AM
VIP Member

He doesn't sleep, he hybernates.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

hmmm....what should i cook for brunch?
Old 11-05-2005, 11:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 sti
instant noodles ftw!