Site Suggestions and Feedback Submit your input and suggestions - help us make i-Club a better place.

Central Valley Forum Request

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 05:02 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX E85 VF34
Central Valley Forum Request

Moderators or whom it may concern,
I respectfully ask if there has ever been any talk about creating a Central Valley forum? Has anyone ever mentioned creating one? I am in the Oakdale/Modesto/Ceres area and the fact that Stockton and Modesto usually seem to gravitate to Sac area threads is a bit difficult. I was previously in the Sac/Davis area during college which made it easy to stay involved in i-club. Moving back to the valley, though, has made it difficult as attending UCKK meets and whatnot is just too far.
I believe if we had our own forum it would help i-club by giving Central Valley Impreza owners our own place to organize meets, installs, and a central forum for buying and selling.
Secondly, I get sick of hearing anyone in this area with an Impreza talk about Nasioc and would much rather have i-club as the top online forum in the area:RockOn - not mine:

I am completely open to any constructive criticism.
-Brian
Old 09-21-2007, 05:14 PM

Thanks for putting my thread in the right place : )
Old 09-22-2007, 09:36 AM

Bump
I think no central-valley-ens are responding cuz they're don't know this thread is here
Old 09-23-2007, 10:06 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by PlatNmRex
Bump
I think no central-valley-ens are responding cuz they're don't know this thread is here
also because your odds of having a person from Stockton that doesn't hang in SRiC seeing the thread are pretty low. Technically speaking Sacramento and Davis in "the central valley" as it does stretch from Shasta County all the way down to Kern county.

if central valley people already congregate in SRiC whats the problem? people have a Turlock and redding meet thread going... it just seems unnecessary to me to create a new forum for a small number of people that already congregate in a populated section forum.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:09 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
so like a fresno modesto and merced?
Old 09-24-2007, 07:34 PM

Car Info: plenty
that would not be a bad idea i know of about 30 ppl that live down here with subys.. but it is kinda hard to organize anything cuz none of us really know where would be the right place to put out meets info
Old 09-24-2007, 07:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by vroompssh
that would not be a bad idea i know of about 30 ppl that live down here with subys.. but it is kinda hard to organize anything cuz none of us really know where would be the right place to put out meets info
make a thread for the locals, PM all the locals with a link to the thread. We had a Santa Cruz/Monterey thread going for a long time. It was just organization for the local meet(s) and hanging out organization.

I think the lack of a central valley/central CA forum stems from the fact that the area is so spread out that one forum would cover too much of an area and multiple forums would be too confusing/pointless. If you REALLY want a forum for all the locals, why don't you all pitch in money and make a local website?

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 09-24-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:31 PM

Hi All,
I've been absent from my thread as I've been dealing (figures) with car issues as of late as well as moving into a new place.

Either way,
While I can see the above points suggesting that we just keep posting in Sac forums, this is exactly the reason I believe we need our own forum. As 'vrroompsh' stated...it is confusing for Valley Impreza enthusiasts to know where to post. Whereas alot of Sac guys assume we should post in their forum, I also know many Tracy/Manteca people that post in BAIC. Valley people could still post in other forums but I believe having a forum where Modesto, Tracy, Manteca, Stockton, and Foothill people can post would help us organize our own meets, installs and aftermarket trading center.
In a response to mBasile. Where you mentioned that we could pool money together to create our own website I will...as kindly as I can...have to say that this idea seems somewhat unfair. I do agree that there could be a problem with vagueness associated with a 'central valley thread,' but I would rather give it a shot than continue the confusion that many central valley impreza owners deal with. I love i-club and I love all of the connections I have attained through it. I do not want to create another site, but instead want to help the central valley out ON i-club.
Secondly, I respectfully have to disagree with the suggestion of simply creating more and more Central Valley threads. If someone that was active in Sacramento or San Francisco was suggested this, they would laugh at the matter. Multiple Central Valley threads across different forums does not encourage cohesion, but rather- confusion.
To respond to Sigma Pi: I am in the Modesto area. Anyone I know personally that has expressed interest in having a central valley forum is either in the Modesto or Stockton areas. I cannot speak for Fresno...and where I cannot leave Fresno out of the central valley, most of the people I have talked to are from Manteca, Tracy, Modesto, Stockton (Fresno being 2 hours South of these cities.
I look forward to any criticism, comments, etc.
-Brian
Old 09-25-2007, 02:58 PM

I want to reiterate that this thread is Not an attack or flame on the way i-club is now. I-club is what got me started in the Impreza community in the first place for which I am thankful. This is a light-hearted thread and I hope to keep it constructive and positive : )
I simply believe a Central Valley Forum would IMPROVE i-club in allowing it to reach out to and organize a growing number of Central Valley Impreza owners. Heck, we even have two Subaru dealerships over here people!

Thanks,
Brian
Old 09-25-2007, 03:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
a local forum actually helped us out a lot down here and it was in addition to us posting on i-club. I also didn't say to creat multiple Central Valley threads, I said to create one (I'll see if I can dig up the Santa Cruz/Monterey one we had for an example). Down here in Monterey we're out of the loop too. San Francisco is almost 2 hours away and San Jose is an hour, so we're in no man's land, but there are ways to make it work

oh, and if you get them to make a central valley thread, why not a central coast thread for monterey, salinas, santa cruz, watsonville and so on?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:18 PM
9 to 5 mod

bakersfield too
Old 09-25-2007, 05:24 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by PlatNmRex
I want to reiterate that this thread is Not an attack or flame on the way i-club is now. I-club is what got me started in the Impreza community in the first place for which I am thankful. This is a light-hearted thread and I hope to keep it constructive and positive : )
I simply believe a Central Valley Forum would IMPROVE i-club in allowing it to reach out to and organize a growing number of Central Valley Impreza owners. Heck, we even have two Subaru dealerships over here people!

Thanks,
Brian

yeah i get that its a suggestion to make it better
Old 09-25-2007, 06:16 PM

Car Info: no
I think it would be a great Idea Brian. Hopefully it may come into consideration. Would really be helpful to us in the Stockton/Modesto/Manteca/Oakdale/Merced Area ETC...!! =)
Old 09-26-2007, 12:38 AM

Central Valley less than Puerto Rico and Alaska?

MBasile,
Excellent point on there being other semi-populated California regions in addition to the central valley such as your Monterey area. However, I guess what I'm asking is what would be wrong with creating a couple more forums?
Have a Central Valley Forum, have a Monterey area forum....I really don't think the addition of forums would create a landslide affect. Is there a fear that I am missing? Maybe one that adding two or three more area forums would make i-club too cluttered?
I mean, heck, look at the Puerto Rico and Alaska Forums! No offense to them, but I guarantee if the Central Valley got it's own forum we'd have more threads and posts in a week than they've had in their entire i-club history. So why not just give us a shot and see if we can help make the i-club community stronger in our areas?
Welcoming comments as usual : )
-Brian
Oakdale, California
(We had the Hershey factory until Hershey went to Mexico)
Old 09-26-2007, 07:33 AM
spt

Car Info: Proj STI, Evo, JDM 180sx Time Attack, & A3
What we are trying to do on this forum is to bring it back to a national level. What we are seeing is more participation happening in the regional and the other areas of the site being neglected. The other issue is adding more and more sections within a specific region really starts to create more sparation.

Also you mentioned: "Secondly, I get sick of hearing anyone in this area with an Impreza talk about Nasioc and would much rather have i-club as the top online forum in the area"

The reason why Nasioc is talked more about is because they have more forum participation happening through the entire site. To be honest I-Club has a lot of separation between its members within specific regions that really exclude others from other areas. Bottom line is I think if there were more participation happening throughout the forum then adding a new section wouldn't be a big deal.

Quick Reply: Central Valley Forum Request