Site Suggestions and Feedback Submit your input and suggestions - help us make i-Club a better place.

The Banners to My Right...

Old 05-23-2007, 04:22 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
Originally Posted by sigma pi
side banner > intellitext
Agreed, although Adblock extension on Firefox will fix the intellitxt problem :RockOn - not mine:
Old 05-24-2007, 12:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn

you guys just need to be smarter than the website
Old 05-24-2007, 06:03 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 06 STI
the most effective and therfor the most lucrative form of advertising is the ads within the thread that go between posts. Since we hate those so much and they make threads harder to read, we will never go for those. But as a compromise we need the extra space using the side banner (in the forum listings only) for extra room for our site vendors/sponsors. Another advantage of this is it helps us to attract more vendors. More vendors means more deals for you guys on a wider variety of parts/services. It is very important to support the vendors that make this site possible both from our side and the member's side.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:53 AM
UTR Member

Car Info: 93 Impreza L
The side adds do squish the page but they dont bug me too much. The top adds are pointless being that large though.
Attached Thumbnails The Banners to My Right...-picture-1.jpg  
Old 05-26-2007, 01:06 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
too much ad and totally agree the side banner got to go
Old 05-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 06 STI
Its one extra ad on the side of the index only. I does not have a dramatic affect on reading the listings, and it prevents us from having to us much more annoying ad placements. This one is going to have to stay. But like I said before, these ads are often usefull as the are all relevant to you, and mostly from our i-club vendors which make this site possible. We want to be able to manage and let this site grow as the best subie site out there and the reality of this is that revenue from advertising pays for that. We just try as hard as we can to make that advertising cause as little interuption as possible and be as relevant as possible. Hope you guys can understand agree with this.