Site Suggestions and Feedback Submit your input and suggestions - help us make i-Club a better place.
View Poll Results: Do you want a Wagon Specific Forum?
yes-
90.77%
no
9.23%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Wagon lovers forum.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 06:48 AM

Car Info: Red 04 WRX Wagon
~Also~

Calling all Wagoners

Do any of you have cross bars for your roof rack. If so click the thread below plz.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/poll.p...lts&pollid=715

BTW: LMAO "five doors of fury".

That should be the name of a movie about WRX wagons.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:48 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon
drive day

how cool would it be to have a wagon drive day or wagon track day for that matter? Nor cal, So Cal, East Coast, ect all representing their wagon lovin pride.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Well? Any chance we are going to be victorious? I think this qualifies as a "Landslide Victory!"

No uncounted ballots, no hanging chads.......
Old 03-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Originally Posted by Hoppie
Whatever. You get the point. :banana: Here I'll fix it smarty

Blame Canada!
That's better.

Blame Canada before everyone thinks of blaming us!
Old 03-06-2005, 08:40 AM
VIP Member

the "Bump" to remind admin....
Old 03-13-2005, 02:31 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
bump ttt!!
Old 03-14-2005, 04:50 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
there isn't a large enough difference between the wagons and sedans to create its own forum.

i understand that there are differences. so when it comes to those parts ask your question and just mention that its for a wagon.

all imprezas are put together right now. there are more differences between the 01 and previous imprezas and the 02 and up than there are for wrx wagons and sedans, and we have them all in the same categories.

after reading through this thread, only a couple points have been made as to why a wagon forum should be made

-wagons are cooler than sedans
-to ask wagon specific questions (not really any examples though)
-different parts from sedans

now my question is how can those points not be accomplished in the already existing forums.

-wagons are cooler than sedans (wagon only forum has nothing to do with this point)
-wagon specific questions (why can't this be asked in any other forum to the area which it applies aka, suspension, interior, exterior, all engine stuff is the same. and just say its for a wagon)
-different parts (for the few parts that do differ from the sedan (front lips, rear suspension, fenders, etc. just put in the first post that you have a wagon and you will get wagon answers.)

so out of the 56 forums that are on i-club, wagon owners have differing stuff in 2 of those forums (suspension and interior/exterior)

right now in the general suspension forum for imprezas, there is only one thread going back a month that is a wagon specific question

the interior/exterior forum has a few more threads

those few wagon specific threads require their own forum? i don't get it. or are you guys embarresed that you have a wagon to post that you have one in your threads when asking questions (that last part was a joke and not to be taken seriously)

here is a suggestion to you wagon owners, why doesn't someone make a thread in the suspension forum listing available suspension parts that fit the wagon and if they are any good.
that way you can have a specific thread that shows the options that you have for your wagons that differ from the sedan for various suspension setups.

if someone created something like that i dont' think it would take much effort to get it stickied as a good reference thread
Old 03-14-2005, 08:26 PM
VIP Member

Point taken

Think that is fair enough.

If we can get the general "major" differences posted in each section and have it titled "Wagon Specific" or something similar that should work.

I know little to nothing about the differences other than there are the obvious body parts and some suspension differences.

It would be a hug help to those of us that are clueless to have these differences readily available.

Even if all the known differences were listed in the FAQ and a link posted that would definately go far in my book.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '99 Impreza OBS
While overall what you said makes a lot of sense, and I'm sure my post will make no difference and I will continue to post my questions regardling only my wagon with the rest of the imprezas, I'd like to point out that you logic is a little flawed. You said that there is no demand, yet, to me there seems to be little demand for... basically any of the Legacy forums, i mean, "legacy transmission" has a grand total of 46 threads, yet it exists. The reason it exists, isn't so much because of demand, it could easily be lumped with "powerplant" but because it makes things cleaner, keeps topics more seperate, and makes it easier to find information. While lots of the stuff does overlap, and I do have troubles thinking of major differences, it is the minor ones that would make the difference. Things like Roof racks, rear ends, fendors, wheels/tires, suspension, cosmetic pieces, rear seats, and then really minor things such as the lack of a light in the back, all would be easily addressed in a wagons forum, and I'm fairly sure that within a year, a forum dedicated to anything wagon SPECIFIC would get over a hundred threads, and make it much easier for people to find information and feel more welcome. I dont pretend that it would be easy to get going, at least when it is first created, im sure there will be a lot of questions relating to all the cars that are carelessly posted in the wagons forum, but with a few good mods who stay on top of it, these could easily be moved to a more appropriate forum. I think that, at least at first, only 1 forum needs to be made for wagons, and it should only be for wagon specific stuff, and no selling should be permitted to try to keep it cleaner. I know that I would have had a better experience and asked a fewer stupid questions when I first joined. With a smaller collection to sift through and maybe some stickies explaining some of the fundamental differences, and all the similarities would have gone a long way when i was first learnign about the impreza and moving past the "total n00bie" stage to where I am now at the "nub" stage. I'm far from an expert, but, and maybe because of this, I feel that a wagon specific forum would be really helpful.

Hopefully this all made sense and wasn't too redundant/stupid :banana:

Wagons do pwn though, and I do find it a little wierd and hard to get responses asking wagon specific questions with all the other questions, part of that Im sure is that I own a 99 which as you stated is quite a bit different, but a lot of that is that I have a wagon.

So, to sum it up, I don't think its a waste, I do think there are enough differences to populate a forum, I think its worth a try, even if it only exists for a month and is then removed for your reasons because you feel it was taking away from i-club as a whole. I know nothing about creating and maintaining forums, but I can't imagine that it is that difficult to create a new forum to try it out and see how it works, and I know i'd be willing to mod it, though I doubt you'd have a problem finding mods!

Ok, im done now Whatever happens I'll still luv I-club :banana:
Old 03-15-2005, 11:59 AM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
Originally Posted by kravdra
While overall what you said makes a lot of sense, and I'm sure my post will make no difference and I will continue to post my questions regardling only my wagon with the rest of the imprezas, I'd like to point out that you logic is a little flawed. You said that there is no demand, yet, to me there seems to be little demand for... basically any of the Legacy forums, i mean, "legacy transmission" has a grand total of 46 threads, yet it exists. The reason it exists, isn't so much because of demand, it could easily be lumped with "powerplant" but because it makes things cleaner, keeps topics more seperate, and makes it easier to find information. While lots of the stuff does overlap, and I do have troubles thinking of major differences, it is the minor ones that would make the difference. Things like Roof racks, rear ends, fendors, wheels/tires, suspension, cosmetic pieces, rear seats, and then really minor things such as the lack of a light in the back, all would be easily addressed in a wagons forum, and I'm fairly sure that within a year, a forum dedicated to anything wagon SPECIFIC would get over a hundred threads, and make it much easier for people to find information and feel more welcome. I dont pretend that it would be easy to get going, at least when it is first created, im sure there will be a lot of questions relating to all the cars that are carelessly posted in the wagons forum, but with a few good mods who stay on top of it, these could easily be moved to a more appropriate forum. I think that, at least at first, only 1 forum needs to be made for wagons, and it should only be for wagon specific stuff, and no selling should be permitted to try to keep it cleaner. I know that I would have had a better experience and asked a fewer stupid questions when I first joined. With a smaller collection to sift through and maybe some stickies explaining some of the fundamental differences, and all the similarities would have gone a long way when i was first learnign about the impreza and moving past the "total n00bie" stage to where I am now at the "nub" stage. I'm far from an expert, but, and maybe because of this, I feel that a wagon specific forum would be really helpful.

Hopefully this all made sense and wasn't too redundant/stupid
Wagons do pwn though, and I do find it a little wierd and hard to get responses asking wagon specific questions with all the other questions, part of that Im sure is that I own a 99 which as you stated is quite a bit different, but a lot of that is that I have a wagon.

So, to sum it up, I don't think its a waste, I do think there are enough differences to populate a forum, I think its worth a try, even if it only exists for a month and is then removed for your reasons because you feel it was taking away from i-club as a whole. I know nothing about creating and maintaining forums, but I can't imagine that it is that difficult to create a new forum to try it out and see how it works, and I know i'd be willing to mod it, though I doubt you'd have a problem finding mods!

Ok, im done now Whatever happens I'll still luv I-club
...Amen. But I'd love it more if it had a wagon forum

And Ish, I see your points, but wouldn't it be useful to have ALL of those wagon threads (which you say belong in seperate forums) all in one place? I don't frequent all of those forums you speak of, but if the were a wagon forum, I'd definitely check that often... and I think it would be beneficiary to all wagon owners to have wagon-spec. discussion centralized in one place, rather than a few threads scattered in several different forums.

Is there anyone else who thinks a wagon forum isn't a great idea? So far, we're up about 20-1 (too bad the '1' is the mod.... )
Old 03-16-2005, 07:57 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon
You guys are right on. Give us a place to lump all wagon posts together; this will make newbie searches much less difficult. My WRX wagon is the first car I have ever modded, so the more help and the easier it is to find the better.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
+466579846516565465 for our own "Wagon Forum"
Old 03-31-2005, 02:29 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
bumpity bump bump
Old 03-31-2005, 02:14 PM

Car Info: silverWRX wagon
Im tired of wasting time looking for sites to get for parts for my wagon! A cetralized place for me to look for parts and admire other wagons would be nipples!
Old 03-31-2005, 07:09 PM
VIP Member

/\ Way to use the word "Nipples" in a sentence. Outstanding!

So....when is the mythical forces that be going to grant us our wish????

Quick Reply: Wagon lovers forum.....