Whats there to do in Portland??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 06:01 PM

Car Info: '12 FXT Touring
Originally Posted by johndabrit
head out to the coast...
Multnomah falls on the way. Gorgeous up there.
+1 on Multnomah falls... there's also Silver falls too or something like that. there's 30mi of hiking trails in portland alone and 25mi of bike paths and a park within .5mi of every house.

you can visit OMSI (on east bank of willamette)which is an amazing science and industry museums; or the Pearl district down by the water, Pioneer square has free bus fare also, which is nice. There's some of the most amazing hole-in-the-wall eateries up there too. If you PM me, I can drop you some names of where to go, just let me know what you're looking for. There's also a nice restaurant (i forget the name) at the top of one of the tallest buildings downtown, which is very good and has great views obviously.

you can visit the zoo also (oldest zoo this side of the mississip), there's concerts there and there's a train you can ride, not sure if you have kids or anything like that.

japanese garden was very pretty, out by the rose garden as well.

i think the portland marathon was last week, so you missed that one.

and if you disc golf, there's some good disc golf up there too @ Pier Park, McIver Park and Timber Park.

if you like fishing, there's some of the best fishing up there. like 6-8' sturgeon in the Columbia and you can wade to catch Steelies in the Clackamas or the Umpqua.

If you're driving, you can get out to Lake Dexter which is a beautiful environment as well and you can camp there.

you'll love pdx, it's beautiful and i find that people are more friendly (in general) than down here in California, and people don't just litter everywhere and rage in traffic all day... hahaha

careful tho, cause most don't like californians (the stereotypical ones) and won't help you... they don't want us invading their land and raising prices on everything, congesting everything and bringing our bad attitudes and lack of concern for 'community'.

i'd say to probably stay away from china town and from northeast side by MLK

sorry for the ramble, hope this gave you some ideas.

Last edited by NorCalPaintball; 10-17-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:48 PM

Car Info: wrx wagon/2.5rs
Aha thanks man!! I'll try to get around to all of it. Just four days up there but want to get as much done as possible. Won't be driving my car, so I think I'll be bummed if I'm on a nice road with some sort of rental car loll.

Interesting stay away from china town?! Whys that??
Old 10-17-2011, 08:55 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
i was about to post a similar thread i'm heading up there for business in two weeks as well and was looking for things to do. haha thanks for doing the work for me
Old 10-17-2011, 09:22 PM

Car Info: wrx wagon/2.5rs
Aha nice! Glad I could help. Hopefully I'll be able to add some input when I get back.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:42 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
beware of undercover cops on the way. They don't drive just Fords, Dodges or Chevys. I've seen one in Salem area driving old Toyota Tacoma.
..activities...
you can search for a Sasquatch LOL
Old 10-18-2011, 12:01 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Voodoo Doughnut
Food Trucks
MLS match