thursday mmmmkay!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 11:42 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Snot Rod
Apparently the concept eludes you that...

stealthy looks=fewer tickets
this is the first time ive had a cop even look at me funny. the lgt looks like a granny mobile, i wish i had mine in white. the funniest part is a i saw it comin. i was the only person on the road, saw him laser me and then put the gun away, so i just pulled in right in front of him and said "where should i park?"

he almost tipped his bike to, not to mention that he was being a ****.... he was hiding at the bottom of a hill right where the speed limit drops. so i was coasting down the hill and he nailed me >_<
Old 12-07-2006, 11:45 AM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
Originally Posted by irrational x
this is the first time ive had a cop even look at me funny. the lgt looks like a granny mobile, i wish i had mine in white. the funniest part is a i saw it comin. i was the only person on the road, saw him laser me and then put the gun away, so i just pulled in right in front of him and said "where should i park?"

he almost tipped his bike to, not to mention that he was being a ****.... he was hiding at the bottom of a hill right where the speed limit drops. so i was coasting down the hill and he nailed me >_<
bike cops = revenue on wheels... i am especially weary of bike cops, bout 3/4 of all my tickets have come at the hands of a bike cop
Old 12-07-2006, 11:48 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
thats all bike cops are for.. writing tickets
Old 12-07-2006, 11:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
Originally Posted by midnitewrx02
where did you take it?shouldnt take them that long to find the problem, unless its major and/or cant source where the sound is coming from..
They couldnt reproduce the sound he took it in for so he let them keep it until they could.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:55 AM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
They couldnt reproduce the sound he took it in for so he let them keep it until they could.
oh i know, im just tyring to compare notes is all.. i think his timing belt tensioner has failed or has play in it .. i took my car to senator, and even tho they suck ***** and i want to burn them down, they were pretty good about keeping me updated.. im just jabbering dont mind me
Old 12-07-2006, 12:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
Originally Posted by irrational x

Cops that wait at the bottom of a hill for speeding tickets = *********.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
^^^ cops in general=*********
Old 12-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Contributing Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX Auto with high hopes :l

I'm not necessarily stealth and I'm doing it not necessarily to avoid tickets , but to someone who has the typical stereotype of a modified car in their head, my car doesn't fit the description anymore. The new wheels make it look kind of classy and not so ricer racey, the cusco lip looks so well molded on the car, it looks stock. I know most car enthusiasts will instantly recognize it as a modified wrx, but I was just happy to know that someone didn't look at it as some ricer car anymore.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:23 PM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
Originally Posted by sybir
Eclipse, no question.
QFMFT!!!

every single car i own/owned.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:24 PM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
hooray for what came in today.

:banana:

i want copies of the set on the right...so does Larry
Old 12-07-2006, 12:36 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
thats all bike cops are for.. writing tickets
Yeah, it's not like they're going to throw the cuffs on some perp and have the guy ride on the handlebars beachcruiser-style. Though I'd like to see them try.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:51 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Cohnster
I'm not necessarily stealth and I'm doing it not necessarily to avoid tickets , but to someone who has the typical stereotype of a modified car in their head, my car doesn't fit the description anymore. The new wheels make it look kind of classy and not so ricer racey, the cusco lip looks so well molded on the car, it looks stock. I know most car enthusiasts will instantly recognize it as a modified wrx, but I was just happy to know that someone didn't look at it as some ricer car anymore.
The nice thing is though, tasteful low-key mods can help you earn the praise of "people in the know", but to the people who couldn't care less, it doesn't register on their mental radar.

Picture a bone-stock standard WRX. Now, shave off all the emblems, the door handles, and repaint it in a color that Subaru does not offer. Non-enthusiasts probably wouldn't look twice, but those who knew better would be more inclined to give you compliments.

Extreme visual mods, on the other hand, are usually a "love it or hate it" affair. And if someone doesn't like it, they might not have any problem letting you know about it. Say what you want about "I built it for me and not for them" all you like, but after a couple of years of people giving you the thumbs down and saying "It sucks!", it'll wear you down eventually. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Contributing Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX Auto with high hopes :l
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
hooray for what came in today.

:banana:
...and I'll take copies of both.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by midnitewrx02
oh i know, im just tyring to compare notes is all.. i think his timing belt tensioner has failed or has play in it .. i took my car to senator, and even tho they suck ***** and i want to burn them down, they were pretty good about keeping me updated.. im just jabbering dont mind me

Like Furley said, I just left it with them until the noise can come back. They told me they need to hear it so they could act on it.

So ya...
Old 12-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B

you must not know what my car looks like... i was being sarcastic since I am in the same boat as cohn

Quick Reply: thursday mmmmkay!