Sicko

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 05:45 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
oh and FYI.. my HMO is wonderful, I have never had a problem
pray you never get a serious medical problem that requires a real doctor to diagnose. thats where HMOs fail
Old 07-03-2007, 06:37 AM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by irrational x
pray you never get a serious medical problem that requires a real doctor to diagnose. thats where HMOs fail
ya the people in this movie aren't exactly catching the flu... here....

I do like the point he brings up in the movie. One is we already have socialized things. Ie. School, Fire, Police(also like how the french get paid MORE if they get people to quit smoking, get people to lower their blood pressure... the healthier they get their patients the more they get).

There was one more point he made that I liked, but it's to early for me to think right now.

It's also absolutely ****ing HORRIBLE what we have done to the firefighters who risked their lives and spent month trying to help clean the wreckage of the remains of the world trade center. They denied that they would ever get harmed inhaling all that **** everyday for hours at a time, and once they all got sick they basically turned a cold shoulder to them. Some got money, but the ones that volunteered 'weren't on government clock', so they are S.O.L(i heard about this outside of this movie)

Also funny how he owns Hilary Clinton in this movie. I wonder if her polls will drop since i figure more democrats will watch this movie

I was also ing when he got on the loud speaker and started yelling at the tower guards in Guantanamo Bay
Old 07-03-2007, 09:55 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by newyorkreload
Just saw it, damn, i feel like going to Canada now.
Why would you wanna go to Canada? Their health care sux nuts.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:57 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Move to Teh Politics forum!!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Troll

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Why would you wanna go to Canada? Their health care sux nuts.
meh, from what I hear about once a year someone falls through the cracks and gets ****ty service. Then we plaster it all over our media saying SEE LOOK HOW ****TY THEIR SERVICE IS!!!!

I garuntee for every 1 ****ty Canadian health care service I can find 9 ****ty American health care problems
Old 07-03-2007, 10:02 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
meh, from what I hear about once a year someone falls through the cracks and gets ****ty service. Then we plaster it all over our media saying SEE LOOK HOW ****TY THEIR SERVICE IS!!!!

I garuntee for every 1 ****ty Canadian health care service I can find 9 ****ty American health care problems
oh god man.. talk to some people from Canada first before you make those claims.

My wife knows women up in Canada that drive over the boarder and pay for healthcare in the US just so they can get seen by a doctor.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Troll

oh god man.. talk to some people from Canada first before you make those claims.

My wife knows women up in Canada that drive over the boarder and pay for healthcare in the US just so they can get seen by a doctor.
it's funny because on the youtube comments in the 5,000 replies where americans are talking about how ****ty the health care is in canada. there is canadians responding saying they have no idea what they are talking about. I only know what canadian and he said the health care there is amazing. They constantly have Canadians on liberal left wing **** saying the health care is amazing, much like they have canadians on right wing **** saying it sucks *****...

I personally don't know if a socialized HMO's would be good for the united states, it's not really how we are since we are all so money hungry. I do however think they shouldn't be privatized and should not be allowed to get their heads into politics. Any time a major corporation is allowed to fund politicians is going to lead towards corruption
Old 07-03-2007, 10:09 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
it's funny because on the youtube comments in the 5,000 replies where americans are talking about how ****ty the health care is in canada. there is canadians responding saying they have no idea what they are talking about. I only know what canadian and he said the health care there is amazing. They constantly have Canadians on liberal left wing **** saying the health care is amazing, much like they have canadians on right wing **** saying it sucks *****...

I personally don't know if a socialized HMO's would be good for the united states, it's not really how we are since we are all so money hungry. I do however think they shouldn't be privatized and should not be allowed to get their heads into politics. Any time a major corporation is allowed to fund politicians is going to lead towards corruption
the other large problem is that there is no reason to go into medicine in Canada. In the US you have the ability to make a large amount of money. The Canadian doctors do not make nearly as much as they do in the US.

Where do you think the good doctors (ie love money) want to practice?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Troll

the other large problem is that there is no reason to go into medicine in Canada. In the US you have the ability to make a large amount of money. The Canadian doctors do not make nearly as much as they do in the US.

Where do you think the good doctors (ie love money) want to practice?
ya, that's why I said socialized medicine wouldn't work in America... It's just not our way haha. I'm not even saying it would be better for America. My real problem is the second part of what I said, that's what pisses me off greatly. I'm not just talking about HoMO's I mean all major company's do it. It leads to way to much corruption. There is absolutely NO WAY IN HELL Hillary Clinton can raise that kind of outside funding without some form of hidden agendas... why would company's waste that much money on her for nothing in return?? it's retarded
Old 07-03-2007, 10:58 AM
plays well with others

canadas basic ER service: good. bust your head, get help. car accident, etc

canadas health car for surgery, basic care: ****tay
Old 07-03-2007, 11:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Well will people realize that when you add bureaucracy to anything, the cost is going to go up and the QC is going to go down.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh

So you're saying you get your news from youtube comments??

No wonder your outlook is so distorted
Old 07-03-2007, 11:13 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by ipozestu
Well will people realize that when you add bureaucracy to anything, the cost is going to go up and the QC is going to go down.
A-****ING-MEN!!

Get the gov't off my healthcare!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:16 AM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
A-****ING-MEN!!

Get the gov't off my healthcare!!!
Ron Paul for prez

deregulate USPS, dept of education, etc etc. Only in a small number of cases is competition bad for customers (see: telcoms)
Old 07-03-2007, 11:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
hes a sicko

Quick Reply: Sicko