Sac Gas Prices > Bay Gas Prices...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 02:50 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Sac Gas Prices > Bay Gas Prices...

Extremely gay. It's like 20 cents cheaper, but I guess its ok...

I mean a tank is only 60 bux now right? I mean pay it twice and you're over 110 bux... I can't wait 'til ONE tank of gas reaches 75 or even 100 bux. That'd be great...

Oh and in other news the oil companies are generating record high profits every month! And the CEOs and company are just having fun with their millions of dollars a year....
Old 06-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
sux we use premium...at least its not deisel!
Old 06-01-2008, 03:02 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Wut's funny is that I can think back when i FIRST got my license when I was 16 , which is 7 years ago. I was payin 10 bux to fill up my dad's bucket. 10 bux just 7 years ago, when a gallon of gas was like 95cents. ><
Old 06-01-2008, 04:51 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Oil companies and auto manufacturers are not responsible for the dynamics of supply and demand. Additionally, if oil companies were to cut their profits down to zero, gas prices would still suck *****. It's not like the importers, refiners and retailers are charging crazy high markups. They're in line or below those of similar bulk-product industries.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
sux we use premium...at least its not deisel!
Actually, being able to use diesel would kick ***, because you'd be getting almost double the fuel economy for a mere 10% increase in unit cost.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:02 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
ya i was just saying to my wife. We laugh now about how we were *****ing when gas hit 2 bucks and 3 bucks. and in a few years when gas is 7 bucks we will laugh when we were *****ing about 4 dollars. the day i pay 100 for a tank of gas is the day I sell my car. I am pretty sure of that.

haha i feel bad for my dad who has a dodge ram v-10 with a 35 gallon gas tank.

poor bastard.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:24 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Extremely gay. It's like 20 cents cheaper, but I guess its ok...

I mean a tank is only 60 bux now right? I mean pay it twice and you're over 110 bux... I can't wait 'til ONE tank of gas reaches 75 or even 100 bux. That'd be great...

Oh and in other news the oil companies are generating record high profits every month! And the CEOs and company are just having fun with their millions of dollars a year....

oh god not this "record profits" bull**** again. their margins are lower now then they have ever been historically. they have "record profits" because americans refuse to stop driving SUVs and invest in mass transit.

you realize it costs about $9 a gallon for gas in most of europe? and they have great roads and public transit. im not a hippie pink by any means but the reality is people need to get used to high gas prices, and we should probably tax it allot more than we do now.

then we can fix our ****ing roads, hire more cops to keep dOnKz off the road, and MAYBE invest in a transit system that isnt a ****ing joke. seriously. i live 7 minutes by car from downtown. to get their on a bus i have to walk a mile and change busses 3 times.... its actually faster to ride a bike or jog, and thats asuming the busses are on time.

we still cant take light rail to the airport. the people in places lightrail does go, for the most part, wont take it because they make enough that gas prices dont hurt as bad as for collar people... oh, and LIGHTRAIL SUCKS.

more taxes for once. tax gas to $8 a gallon. make people adjust, fix our ****.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:39 PM

Jack, I agree with you about the good that the gas tax would do for our infrastructure, but the tripling of diesel prices (relative to a few months ago) would cripple our buying power and then the economy as a whole.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by 4URABUS
And with some adjustments, you can make a Diesel engine run on used cooking oil.
Which would become unobtanium as soon as demand for it reached even 1% that of gasoline.

Oh, and as people become more and more health conscious, the supply of used oil is decreasing at a slow but steady rate.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by irrational x
we still cant take light rail to the airport. the people in places lightrail does go, for the most part, wont take it because they make enough that gas prices dont hurt as bad as for collar people... oh, and LIGHTRAIL SUCKS.

it's horrible here in sac... in real cities, it's usually much more effective.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
It's $5.50 for 91 in Yosemite.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by Double Phister
It's $5.50 for 91 in Yosemite.
damn you oil companies :shakes fist:

i got this e-mail that says we should all boycot buying gas from exxon and shell and that will somehow magically lower prices.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Umm last time i was in sac (about a couple of weeks ago) gas was about the same as in the bay area. Maybe off by 4 cents or so.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:37 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Kevin M
Jack, I agree with you about the good that the gas tax would do for our infrastructure, but the tripling of diesel prices (relative to a few months ago) would cripple our buying power and then the economy as a whole.
see but the cost of diesel is already that high in some countries and they have learned to deal with it buy creating more efficient infrastructure. the reason all those frenchman and english truckers . fisherman are picketing? the price rose from like 7.50 to $8 a gallon.

the problem isn't that the price is high it is that the price is fluctuating. say we place a $2 a gallon tax on gasoline right now making it $6 even for a gallon.

next: float the tax amount to keep the price right at $6 regardless of temporary fluctuations in the market. if companies and people can budget for a specific price and that price remains stable it will be easier to adjust.

people freak about the price increase but it doesn't stop people from mailing ****. when prices are stable people can make easier decisions about modifying their lifestyle if they can no longer afford gas.

Originally Posted by RussB

someling it's horrible here in sac... in real cities, it's usually much more effective.
London, Paris, most of switzerland and austria.... there is no city in the US the has a truly effective mass transit system, the only ones that come close are NYC and washington DC

Originally Posted by RussB
damn you oil companies :shakes fist:

i got this e-mail that says we should all boycot buying gas from exxon and shell and that will somehow magically lower prices.
they are right it would lower prices. prices are set by demand not Exxon. remember, oil is traded in a free market

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
Umm last time i was in sac (about a couple of weeks ago) gas was about the same as in the bay area. Maybe off by 4 cents or so.
the grass is always greener... theres probly a BAIC thread *****ing about how cheap everything else is outside of the bay area
Old 06-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
Originally Posted by irrational x
the problem isn't that the price is high it is that the price is fluctuating. say we place a $2 a gallon tax on gasoline right now making it $6 even for a gallon.

next: float the tax amount to keep the price right at $6 regardless of temporary fluctuations in the market. if companies and people can budget for a specific price and that price remains stable it will be easier to adjust.
I think the pre-tax price would just move to match the cap.

Quick Reply: Sac Gas Prices > Bay Gas Prices...