quick iphone question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
I just want it to sync over-the-air with Google Calendar/Contacts/Tasks (if they ever add tasks).

I never go into Outlook on my PC anymore since I always have my Dash at my side.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:04 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by Double Phister
The buttons on scrren don't change in size. The invisible contact areas do.

Watch this video. I wasn't going to get an iphone until I watched this on launch day and immediately placed my order.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/gettings.../keyboard.html
Yeah, it was the target zone that I got mixed up. I thought the actual keys looked larger.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
holy ****ing ****!

maybe there is someone with two braincells working over at apple.

Just updated itunes on my 64-bit vista machine. This usually ends up with itunes crying about the iphone plugin not gonna work blah blah blah. Not this time. itunes 7.6+iphone1.1.3+vista64=getting along.

Now lets see if the sync works better like ra88it said.

Yes matt, I don't like the sync experience ive had on PCs but that's not all that bugs me about apple pcs.

It's the whole "you do it our way or not at all". There way is usually dumbed down.

Wife's titanium powerbook sits there doing something but I can't tell. A hard drive light would let me know I should wait. Trying to connect it to my wifi gives me an error "this airport does not support the encryption method" or something. WTF does that mean? It's not a ****ing airport. it's an access point.
You want to run a specifc version of the Java Runtime Environment??? can't get it from sun. Gotta get the apple tweaked one.

Yes they look awesome. Yes they are sleek and sexy. I just don't feel very productive on them (I used to work for a magazine that ran nothing but macs so I can use them in a production environment).
Old 01-18-2008, 07:35 AM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
The airport is the wifi card.

Opening up a terminal window or running geektools would give the view of all things going on, I admit I hate that too. I have systemstat menu's on my boxes.

The everything in its place part, is cool, but I can totally see where it would suck. I found that out when I went through and setup my dad's iPhone on his pc.

Changing java is easy, applications folder > java > java pref's. Select the version that you want. Versiontracker.com has all of the older versions of java that apples site may not.

I stopped using a pc at home in...late05, so.. I'm not 100% apple since birth. Haha.
I like theboot up speed on the MBP I have and the Mini. The form factor is there, like you said.

Let's just hope that they get better opening up iTunes for PCs and they'll allow you to be able to pick what syncs and what doesnt etc etc.

:-*
sunnnnnday. Woot.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:42 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Not to highjack but does anyone here use a hacked iphone on verizon's network?
Old 01-18-2008, 07:47 AM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
iPhone = GSM
Verizon = CDMA
iPhone != Verizon

It could run on T-Mobile though (I think).