No more reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 08:04 AM

Car Info: AW '04 WRX Wagon w/JDM STi drivetrain swap
No more reviews?

I'm looking for my next set of all-season tires/wheels, so I was looking for reviews (other than Tire Rack) on here somewhere - because the reviews here are more likely to be by others driving basically the same kind of car. I found the https://www.i-club.com/reviews/ section off the main homepage, but no one has posted or updated there in about a year. What's the best recommendation for the latest tire reviews by the Subie community? Is anyone here interested in doing a write-up on the reviews section of this site on whatever tire & wheel you're running now or in the past?

Last edited by RALIWGN; 11-06-2010 at 04:39 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:33 PM

Car Info: 2002 subaru wrx and 2013 Impreza
I second this! I'm in desperate need of new tires and have been looking for the exact same thing.

I have been running m+s kumo ectsa' and they have worked out really good. I did salmon falls, 49 and 192 all the time with them. And even rally x' in them! And they held up beautifuly. So +1 for those. I do want to try something else this time. Maybe pirelli p7's??
Old 11-05-2010, 05:36 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Go with the tires I talked about!! The continental extream contact DWS!! Best all season I have ever had! Great in snow! Last forever and kick *** in the dry roads! They also don't cost a lot
Old 11-06-2010, 12:00 AM

Car Info: Sonic Yellow 2003 WRX
I'm using a set of Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT's. They were a new product and I got them ridiculously cheap from work, so I sold my halfway used BFG G-Force Sport's for about how much I got my new tires for. :-)

They perform great, definitely better than my G-Force's on tarmac. Only problem is, they don't really handle on dirt/snow. I know they are definitely not meant for that, just something I've tried.

Edit: I'd like to add, I work at a Goodyear store, if anyone needs to get some tires, let me know and I'll see how many strings I can pull to get you a set for cheaper than most places.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:15 PM

Car Info: 07 STi Limited #359 UGM
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
Go with the tires I talked about!! The continental extream contact DWS!! Best all season I have ever had! Great in snow! Last forever and kick *** in the dry roads! They also don't cost a lot
+1 to this, just picked up a winter set of rota svn's and these tires and they are awesome so far! and quiet which is a nice change
Old 11-19-2010, 08:46 PM

Car Info: 2010 rock buggy... and a 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Knifey
I'm using a set of Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT's. They were a new product and I got them ridiculously cheap from work, so I sold my halfway used BFG G-Force Sport's for about how much I got my new tires for. :-)

They perform great, definitely better than my G-Force's on tarmac. Only problem is, they don't really handle on dirt/snow. I know they are definitely not meant for that, just something I've tried.

Edit: I'd like to add, I work at a Goodyear store, if anyone needs to get some tires, let me know and I'll see how many strings I can pull to get you a set for cheaper than most places.
How bout a set of 40x13.50x17 MTR's???? My runner needs some new shoes!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 09:29 PM

Car Info: Sonic Yellow 2003 WRX
Originally Posted by jbarbier4
How bout a set of 40x13.50x17 MTR's???? My runner needs some new shoes!!!
I'll check it out tomorrow when I work. Hopefully I can remember, writing a sticky note now.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:00 PM

Car Info: 2002 subaru wrx and 2013 Impreza
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
gettin a set put on my car later on today 550 out the door. not to bad. ill put them to thee test!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 01:13 PM

Thanks for the input. I ended up getting a new set of OZ Alleggerita wheels in Anthracite & put Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 225/45/17's on them. I have found them to be very comfortable, quiet, and sticky so far. Wet roads are not an issue. I have yet to really push them in an area where public safety is not an issue, but I'm liking the Michelins so far, although they were kind of pricey - about $800 mounted & balanced. Here they are on the car:

Old 12-06-2010, 02:50 PM

Car Info: 7 Series "Sport"
All seasons = all crap...

No such thing as an all season that is great in the snow..

Folks that say that sort of thing have never driven on a real snow tire in the snow/ice..

Old 12-06-2010, 03:08 PM

Yeah, I had the Dunlop Wintersport M3's on last, and I don't think I ever went to the snow during the time I ran them, but I ended up using them more during the summer due to my summer wheels getting bent & me not taking the time to get them fixed. I figured I'd get the A/S tires & see how they work for my needs. If I get a chance to try them in the snow, I'll include that in a review.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
Originally Posted by Bouncer
All seasons = all crap...

No such thing as an all season that is great in the snow..

Folks that say that sort of thing have never driven on a real snow tire in the snow/ice..

+1. Snows in the winter and Summer only/R-Comps in the summer.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:14 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx
Originally Posted by Double Phister
+1. Snows in the winter and Summer only/R-Comps in the summer.
I'll vouch for continental dws in the snow. Went up there during this season with them in a 330xi. I never got stuck, never really lost traction even when roads were barely plowed on 50. Driving on black ice can be a little bit tricky, but for an A/S, I'd trust taking it up to Tahoe during a light-moderate snow storm. These are a great A/S tire that can handle Tahoe conditions as long as you don't drive like an idiot and be careful/aware of your surroundings
Old 04-10-2011, 02:50 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by mr_silas
gettin a set put on my car later on today 550 out the door. not to bad. ill put them to thee test!!!

how are they woeking out for you?