Looking for a open source tuner.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
I started/stopped reading on page 1, LOL.

then looked under "New Posts" which jumped me to the end to see what appears to be a slug fest...but never fully read what any of it was about b/c as title states "looking for a open source tuner" = has nothing to do with us, as we don't offer tuning nor could I lend advice on "Open Source Tuning"...

my $0.02

-Noah <-- is unsubscribed
Old 01-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (4 members and 0 guests)
stupidchicken03, LICmotorsports, Paul@dbtuned+, irrational x

oh hello
^ did I miss something?

and hello to you too!

-Noah
Old 01-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
Admins, Please lock this thread.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
I might have tuned it so it wouldn't get beat on or wouldn't be rewarding to try.
Low boost, low timing and maybe a lower rev limit. If it has an electric throttle then I'd also consider a 'softer' map with less than WOT capability.

<-- not trying to arm chair tune.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:16 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Double Phister
I might have tuned it so it wouldn't get beat on or wouldn't be rewarding to try.
Low boost, low timing and maybe a lower rev limit. If it has an electric throttle then I'd also consider a 'softer' map with less than WOT capability.

<-- not trying to arm chair tune.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by irrational x
gangbang aficionados unite

Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
^ did I miss something?

and hello to you too!

-Noah
naw typical icrub stuff lol
Originally Posted by johndabrit
Admins, Please lock this thread.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:06 PM
plays well with others

Quoting for posterity:
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
blindly following other tuners who have built up a "tuner ego" and refuse to take any constructive criticism and all of the poeple who get taken advantage of.
which is hilarious given all this ***-grabbery
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
GIVe a call to Ed and the boys a eq tuning you won't think u drive the same Subaru after u leave !!
Originally Posted by nation
no jackhole
have eq/ed tune it and score a used v1 AP for 100$
Originally Posted by boxerfxt
Not everyone has unlimited money,inheritance or trust funds!!!! so ed got it running the best it can untill he gets money to fix the motor? sounds ok to me? but what do I know!
Originally Posted by 65MPH
It seems like you are using this tread to go after EQ, all along pretending that you care about the issue at hand. Just so you know i dont go to EQ, but I could not help but notice your constant attraction to Ed.
Originally Posted by ScoobySon
EQ, PM'ed you yesturday.
Fixed
Somebody likes to make up stories. I can't even follow that hypothetical mess. I have no idea how you became a VIP member... I'm now also not interested in how you became a VIP member. Good day sir.
Originally Posted by ScoobySon
Thats sucks, but at least you got your head up.

Sharky+ had an open source tune from you and said you spent over 6 hours to get it perfect.
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
I would like to say that I can't say enough good words about Ed and the team at EQTuning are the best when it come to service, support, and questions on my Subaru. I have never seen a car place spend so much time to details (small or big) that everyone at EQ does. I still get calls every month asking how my car is running and if I have any questions about anything. The thing I like the most about getting work done at EQ is they help you with what you want out of your car, not what they want. When it came to my HUGE engine build and tune Ed and Chris would call me every night and let me know how my car is doing ( Ed even gave me the turbo the should have gone in his car, and gave me a great price on it) If you want a easy street tune, at EQ you got it, you want a mean *** track monster with C16 and huge boost you got it. EQTuning is my one stop shop with my car and I don't think they will ever do someone wrong. That's why I tell all my good Subaru friends to give EQTuning a call. For something small like a stage 1 tune or a $20,000 engine build u will not be disappointed with the service you are getting at EQTuning.

That's all
Originally Posted by SomethingClassy
Cliff notes:

Looking for tuner.
Oh look something shiny and possibly dramatic.
Ad hominem, Ad hominem, Ad hominem...
Cluster ****.
LOL someone cited wikipedia!
Ad hom, Ad hom, Grammar **** Blitzkrig, Ad hom, cluster ****!
the tuner bash!!!!! as usual...
including my personal favorite...
Originally Posted by VladiWrX
Ed,

There will always be the "select few" in Sacramento that hate on you. If you discover the cure for cancer tomorrow they'll blame you for being "shady" and not discovering it sooner. Then they will blame you for putting lots of cancer clinics out of business. It will never end. Those who aren't programmed to hate you will see the obvious. Those that hate you blatantly will always do so.

As they say on the internet "haterz gonna hate"
so since i live in Sacramento i am obviously biased against ed for no reason. flawless logic, you are a regular Socrates. at least my "ticking-timebomb" is running strong 100,000miles later
Old 01-20-2010, 04:26 PM

Car Info: 2005 forester
quote this too!!!! This thread is a ****ing joke!

Last edited by boxerfxt; 01-20-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:32 PM
plays well with others

quote this too!!!!
...as requested by Captain Chuckles of the Unnecessary Post Brigade
Old 01-20-2010, 04:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
...as requested by Captain Chuckles of the Unnecessary Post Brigade
Why was I not informed of the formation of this Brigade? Who do I contact to submit my paper work for immediate transfer to this group?
Old 01-20-2010, 04:40 PM

Car Info: 2005 forester
Originally Posted by ryball
Why was I not informed of the formation of this Brigade? Who do I contact to submit my paper work for immediate transfer to this group?
your paperwork has been submitted
Old 01-20-2010, 04:40 PM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
including my personal favorite...

so since i live in Sacramento i am obviously biased against ed for no reason. flawless logic, you are a regular Socrates. at least my "ticking-timebomb" is running strong 100,000miles later
I love how you always jump into every thread and run your mouth like a little punk when you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with any of this and have ZERO knowledge or information about the topic at hand. You go after Ed like a hyena picking apart the spelling/grammar of every single one of his posts, throw around snide remarks implying he is shady/uneducated and just keep talking utter bull**** for no reason. You are neither helping anyone nor funny.

I'm sure you think you're smart and we're all idiots. I get that. I'm sure you probably think you "owned" us on the internetz.

I'm really saddened by how utterly ignorant and bitter you are. If I was Paul I'd be embarrassed to have you "defending" me on a forum.

This is the last time I will ever reply to you in this thread.

PS: feel free to pick apart my post and talk more **** in efforts to "redeem yourself". Have fun

Last edited by Vladi; 01-20-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:41 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by ryball
Don't you have some whale ***** to go love?
Old 01-20-2010, 04:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Don't you have some whale ***** to go love?
yes.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
asking contextually specific questions is inappropriate?

look, at the end of the day (and even if you did no tuning at all on your drive in the car) you are still entitled to determine compensation in any manner you see fit. even if you changed nothing and just did diagnosic work in the car your time is still worth money as a business owner. as you know you have responsibilities like employees, taxes and other overhead to pay and no one is questioning beyond that.

i think you getting defensive over nothing.

but that's not the point. you are getting defensive, which in a court of law does not matter but in the court of public opinion it makes you look shady. why would you risk tuning a motor that's potentially blown let alone do pulls in it. look at it this way:

1.) car comes in
2.) car is diagnosed as having compression problems
3.) you take it out on the street to tune it (3rd gear pulls i can only assume since you haven't stated it)
4.) ??????
5.) car comes back from tuning session with clutch problems
6.) Profit!

feel free to correct that chain of events if it is incorrect, but based on the posts in this thread that looks accurate. then ask yourself, why people are asking questions?

its seems to me (by no means a mechanic) that taking on responsibility for a car that could have a bad motor is a huge liability, so why do it? usually, only businesses incorporated in Delaware (large banks, biotechs, .com's) take on unnecessary risk because of the special court system and legal protections for Corps and LLC's make it next to impossible for a plaintiff to recover any damages from them.

you dont even have to answer the question "why do it?" i'm just telling you why your defensiveness combined with your not-so-forthcoming manor when it comes to what was actually done during make this look suspicious as ****.
:slowclap:

Quick Reply: Looking for a open source tuner.