know what sucks?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 12:07 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by jvick125
So when you buy a house, Irrational, and I park in your drive way and you park behind me to block me in. Would you honestly think that I could legally have you towed for "infringing on my right to move"?
i already own 2 houses... i don't see what thats has to do with it, but yes. if someone was blocking you in your own driveway, yes they would tow it. you cannot prevent someone from freely accessing their property. ever heard of an easement?

say you have some property thats completely surrounded by another persons property. they have to allow to you travel across their land to reach yours. preventing you from doing so in anyway is considered a trespass.

do you really think the cops would have come if it wasn't within my rights? i fully explained the situation to both rancho pd and CHP and both said they would send a cruiser out to have the car towed.

QED
Old 11-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
That's beside the point.
I'm aware, just thought it was a funny hypothetical given that fact.

And, if I was at IX's house, and he parked behind me and wouldn't move, I'd sure as hell call the cops to tow his car as he'd be restricting my mobility, and, more importantly, my property. If I have to leave my possessions on an individual's property through their intended actions with no posted signage or inferred risk, that's theft on a basic level in addition to the kidnapping that IX references.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:13 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by irrational x
i already own 2 houses... i don't see what thats has to do with it, but yes. if someone was blocking you in your own driveway, yes they would tow it. you cannot prevent someone from freely accessing their property. ever heard of an easement?
No, not blocking you in your own driveway, you block someone in your driveway. So I park there, and say I live a few houses down (for sake of the example), and you come home, get pissed, so you park behind me, preventing me from backing out of your driveway.

Is this not essentially the same thing? Excepte it's a parking spot instead of a driveway? As a tenant is she not paying for the legal right to that spot?
Old 11-26-2007, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by sybir
And, if I was at IX's house, and he parked behind me and wouldn't move, I'd sure as hell call the cops to tow his car as he'd be restricting my mobility, and, more importantly, my property. If I have to leave my possessions on an individual's property through their intended actions with no posted signage or inferred risk, that's theft on a basic level in addition to the kidnapping that IX references.
Signage, good point. I would assume that at the entrance to the apartment complex's parking lot there is a sign that says something along the lines of Parking by permit only, all other park in visitor area. All violators will be towed at vehicle owner's expense." Or something along those lines.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
No, not blocking you in your own driveway, you block someone in your driveway. So I park there, and say I live a few houses down (for sake of the example), and you come home, get pissed, so you park behind me, preventing me from backing out of your driveway.

Is this not essentially the same thing? Excepte it's a parking spot instead of a driveway? As a tenant is she not paying for the legal right to that spot?
if a car blocks you in regardless of where you are, you can get the car towed... /debate

you aren't legaly allowed to impede someone from moving their car regardless of who's property you are on unless it's in a citizens arrest scenario(like if they hit someone and you block them in). Even then I think if they wanted to throw the book at you, you could get into trouble for blocking them in
Old 11-26-2007, 12:25 PM
plays well with others

if i blocked someone into my own driveway it would be false imprisonment, which is Kidnapping. they could have my vehicle towed.

CVC 22500. No person shall stop, park, or leave standing any vehicle whether attended or unattended, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with the directions of a peace officer or official traffic control device, in any of the following places:

(e) In front of a public or private driveway, except that a bus engaged as a common carrier, schoolbus, or a taxicab may stop to load or unload passengers when authorized by local authorities pursuant to an ordinance.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:30 PM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
Signage, good point. I would assume that at the entrance to the apartment complex's parking lot there is a sign that says something along the lines of Parking by permit only, all other park in visitor area. All violators will be towed at vehicle owner's expense." Or something along those lines.
you dont seem to understand that this is not an apt complex.

god damn. please go back to ESL.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:30 PM

Thank you, I was trying to find the official writing on that. So I'm saying it: you're right.

Oh and I hope you had her towed from the Fire Lane. I supported that.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
srsly, it's been posted several times now that this wasn't at an apartment complex, but in the parking lot of the building he works in.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mad Ra88it
you dont seem to understand that this is not an apt complex.
Actually it was only posted once, but thanks, I thought it was. Therefore I rescind all my arguements. I totally thought this was someone's reserved spot at an apartment complex. I apologize. It's always one word or post that brings me down.

Last edited by jvick125; 11-26-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:00 PM
plays well with others

Actually it was only posted once, but thanks, I thought it was. Therefore I rescind all my arguements. I totally thought this was someone's reserved spot at an apartment complex. I apologize. It's always one word or post that brings me down.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
what apartment complex was this at?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:17 PM

but u did make me lol.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:19 PM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
hey look...jvick left this in the apt complex parking lot

Old 11-26-2007, 01:20 PM

No, you said you wanted to use the *****'s.

Quick Reply: know what sucks?