Humpday

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by Mad Ra88it
ummm.... damn, in the past 8years... I've NEVER thought of the Rocklin office being 'quick'.

The other offices in the area, and the alternative offices in the area are ****ing amazing. But...Rocklin leaves a bit to be desired.

sometimes ya..but it is WAYYYYY faster than roseville!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:48 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by sybir
Folsom is also win.
Not so much anymore.

Even with an appt., dz and I waited 20 minutes. The non appt. line was really bad.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by sybir
want shin sen gumi

hate you.
yea it all depends on what time i can get out of here. Don't want to get out too late. The 10 gets pretty bad.

WHAT *****ES I SAID IT THE 10!!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 04-02-2008, 10:49 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by nachomc
I always go to the one downtown off Stockton. Never had a problem there, but I also use appointments.
i went to the one in Carmichael right before opening without an appointment. waited in line for 5 mins, sat for 10 and hit on a 16-yo just to **** her dad off, and i was out in under 30min total.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:59 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
yea it all depends on what time i can get out of here. Don't want to get out too late. The 10 gets pretty bad.

WHAT *****ES I SAID IT THE 10!!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
You're in SoCal. Therefore, we have to wait until you return to enforce punishments.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Brits make the best cars.

Aston Martin for the win.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Also,

I used to feel guilty about it, but I'm really down with the new GTO, G8, Solstice GXP, Caddy *-V etc...

Actually, I really want a big ****-all sedan right now (along with a roadster for nimbleness). You think I could trade in my legacy for a G8 and a Solstice GXP without increasing my payments?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Koan
Actually, I really want a big ****-all sedan right now (along with a roadster for nimbleness). You think I could trade in my legacy for a G8 and a Solstice GXP without increasing my payments?
You can if you wait til you can get both between 1-2 years old when they've depreciated 40%.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
Originally Posted by Double Phister
Saw five (probably all of them) RCPD moto officers stacked up again on south Sunrise.
Yep, yesterday and today.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by Kevin M
1. Don't confuse "quality" with "I didn't have to get any repairs done." American cars look and feel cheap when you sit in them.
If you sit in a cheap american car... it will feel cheap... but apparently you haven't sat in a cheap Japanese cars either... Honda/Toyotas interior are complete jokes, i'd rather have a Cobalt interior then say a Civic... Toyotas don't start becoming even remotely close to non-plastic into you get into the upper end model cars(lexus is a different story)... I am not defining quality by "it didn't fall apart for once" i'm actually defining it by the fit and finish/build quality... one of the awards GM took last year, and tied for the year before
r) American companies are sucking *** when it comes to AWD, because all the workable systems are taken. This leaves, obviously, FWD which is full of fail on every level except shuttling me back and forth to work on dry highways, and rear wheel drive, which has the advantage in performance, but disadvantage in cost, weight, safety, and basically every other way of rating a car that can't be measured in "yee haw."
Correct there is no AWD system on any of the american car companies(well... in america) for several reasons, one... it's not their market... they'd gain almost nothing by spending millions R&Ding an AWD system, and it wouldn't get them much more of a buying offer. There are companies that have pretty much taken the "if i want an AWD car, I will buy xxxx or xxxx", so they won't play into it.....

Second, GM uses AWD because of how much more **** they get then the rest of the car companies about poor gas mileage. No company gets the media attention/hatred towards it for it's fuel economy then GM. GM has found that they gained an addition couple of MPG by keeping it FWD. Second 95% of the population couldn't tell you the difference between FWD, the people who will be purchasing a car like the Malibu/Impala have absolutely no idea what wheels the motor is powering.. RWD they throw on their performance cars for obvious reasons

6- The dependance on trucks and SUVs is leading to the downfall of the big 3. Americans eventually will get over the ***** extension fad, whether by choice or, more likely, skyrocketing fuel costs. Yeah, there's a Tahoe hybrid. BFD. Still uses more gas than anything that isn't a giant SUV or big truck.
I have absolutely no idea where this statement came from. The BIG three are landslides of any other company when it comes to the truck market... Especially Ford/GM, there isn't a company in this world that REMOTELY comes close to touching those two... yes even Toyota... I have sat in the new Tundra, I felt like fisher price got pissed off and kamikazied all over the interior. The Silverado's interior really isn't comparable... Not to mention when it comes down to actually being a truck performance wise... again... American trucks are WAY ahead and have been for quite some time....

Second, why the hell would you buy a truck for fuel economy. I was absolutely PISSED when GM released their hybrid trucks

*; Where's the innovation? I've heard a few of you more or less liking the G8, but if it didn't have RWD it would be just another Bonneville/Grand Prix. It only looks good because it's a Pontiac that isn't splattered with plastic body cladding and suburbanized ricer body kit imitation. The only thing GM has done right other than the Corvette since the '70s is the Solstice/Sky. Other than the GT, Ford hasn't done anything special since the orginal Mustang. And the only really good thing Dodge has ever done othe rthan the Minivan is the Viper, which is just a giant motor in an otherwise very average large roadster. The Big 3 are dying because they don't get it.
There is ALOT more to the G8, then just a Pontiac that isn't watered down. It's the Commodre, from Australia. It is full of win in every aspect. Yes if it was a FWD it would just be a decent looking Grand Prix, but it's not... It is/will be one of the best performing 4 door family sedans. Give you that, in the "American Revolution" as Bob retard Luts calls it. The Sky/Solstice seem to be some of the better things that have come out of it. Problem with GM is you have a retard who keeps shutting down anything creative that ever gets put into the works. GM was about to switch the Impala/Malibu back over to RWD and Bob Retard Lutz canned the project when it was near completion soley for the reason of... "FWD cars get a few MPG more..." Yes retard.. you are right... problem is sir... your cars are still under the MPG regulation that is in place, so you still have some researching to do...

Since the 70's...? How so, GM has released plenty of cars that beat the competition for the price. I mean as much as people hate the doorstop of a car I drive, tell me another car that for the price at the time was better performing.... It also has arguably one of the best engines ever built in it

haha actually only 2 are dieing, while GM says are down they are still the leading auto manufacturer in the world This Quarter Toyota/Honda sales went down almost the exact same percentage as the big three's did. The only company that went up this quarter was Hyundai mainly because of rental car sales
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
The proceeding statements are merely opinion:
beat me
Old 04-02-2008, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by GT35 STI
blah blah blah
You could have saved yourself some time with a simple "nuh uh." I don't care about your opinion any mroe than you care about mine, except at least I didn't feel the need to repeat myself.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by Nick Koan
Also,

I used to feel guilty about it, but I'm really down with the new GTO, G8, Solstice GXP, Caddy *-V etc...

it's all about this bad boy!!! 550hp

and if they ever made this version of it... :drool:
Old 04-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Troll

You could have saved yourself some time with a simple "nuh uh." I don't care about your opinion any mroe than you care about mine, except at least I didn't feel the need to repeat myself.
umm in there... some of my "opinion" is fact. You can check the autooooo maggggggss since they are nevar wrong
Old 04-02-2008, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
Originally Posted by Mad Ra88it
Protip #3. Look into other ways of being able to avoid DMV at all costs....
Had to:
1. Get a CA license
2. Transfer the registration of the Landcruiser

Not a whole lot can be done there, as I had to take the written test, etc. At least I was well prepared and got everything done all at once.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
This thread is gayer than a bag of dicks.

Quick Reply: Humpday