that snuck up outta nowhere
Old 02-27-2007, 01:20 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
that usually happens after Monday
Old 02-27-2007, 01:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
got school in 5 hours, but i'm not tired... this is gonna suck.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
that usually happens after Monday
Since when?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:03 AM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
is it friday?!?!?

LOL my roomate just got ****ed up outa no where, he has work hella early in the morning and my army friend that's on leave right now came over and talked him into drinking... now he is anihilated...

I couldn't drink at all tonight after last night...

Last night I was drinking huge glasses of straight jager without any chaser nothing, and after throwing up on my way to taco bell today my stomach still can't handle any form of alchy and the pure thought of it makes me gag

I think i have a final today... LOL
Old 02-27-2007, 05:19 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
is it friday?!?!?

LOL my roomate just got ****ed up outa no where, he has work hella early in the morning and my army friend that's on leave right now came over and talked him into drinking... now he is anihilated...

I couldn't drink at all tonight after last night...

Last night I was drinking huge glasses of straight jager without any chaser nothing, and after throwing up on my way to taco bell today my stomach still can't handle any form of alchy and the pure thought of it makes me gag

I think i have a final today... LOL
Jager alone...gross...jager + redbull = bareable

Lots of alcohol on a weeknight when there is work = pwnage

This will pretty much be my only post until late this evening due to ghey IT guy. Thankfully I bought my video ipod and converted a **** load of movies and the new top gear to watch at work :banana:
Old 02-27-2007, 07:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
Originally Posted by 4URABUS
Watching the TV news highlight film on this made me shudder and cringe.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070227...BDGzSq2b4LMxIF

I suffered a similar injury when I was in sixth grade, and had to wear a knee brace for 8 months.

...yikes.

a new kind of suck.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:45 AM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
f this day...

it has already started out oh too wonderful.

why is the daily thread so small @ this time of day? someone bork the intArnets ?
Old 02-27-2007, 07:47 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
So I have a bit of a dilemma. I recently got a good job, and yesterday I was having a meeting with the bobs in which I came out much more Peter than Samir. I expect to receive a nie salary adjustment that finally puts me in line with industry standards for the first time in years, and the boss was very receptive to my recommendations for ways that we can make our 5-person firm more profitable.

During this meeting, I get a phone call/voicemail. It's from another, very large and in fact global engineering/infrastructure firm that I applied to in december. First time I've heard back, never even got a confirmation of my application. There's a strong possibility that I would get a chance to work overseas if I was to hire on. But, then there's the flipside of being a coporate ***** with no real input on how things work in exchange for the (presumably) better pay and benefits.

But here's the real kicker- the ****ers called me 4 times this morning between 6:15 and 6:45. wtfm8? I'm leaning a lot more towards telling them to **** off for being so rude than I am towards being flattered that they are working so hard to contact me, but I wondered what you yokels thought about it.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
***** away, my friend.

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
So I have a bit of a dilemma. I recently got a good job, and yesterday I was having a meeting with the bobs in which I came out much more Peter than Samir. I expect to receive a nie salary adjustment that finally puts me in line with industry standards for the first time in years, and the boss was very receptive to my recommendations for ways that we can make our 5-person firm more profitable.

During this meeting, I get a phone call/voicemail. It's from another, very large and in fact global engineering/infrastructure firm that I applied to in december. First time I've heard back, never even got a confirmation of my application. There's a strong possibility that I would get a chance to work overseas if I was to hire on. But, then there's the flipside of being a coporate ***** with no real input on how things work in exchange for the (presumably) better pay and benefits.

But here's the real kicker- the ****ers called me 4 times this morning between 6:15 and 6:45. wtfm8? I'm leaning a lot more towards telling them to **** off for being so rude than I am towards being flattered that they are working so hard to contact me, but I wondered what you yokels thought about it.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS

If you tell them to **** off because they called you four times in a row, it would be a poor idea. It means that they are actually trying to get a hold of you. See what they have to offer. Typically, larger companies can offer more than smaller ones.

Sometimes being a corporate ***** isn't a bad thing.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Exactly. Don't ever tell someone to kiss off when they're trying to offer you a job. Play it out. Aren't you a still a temp/contractor where you are now?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:37 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
:rotfl: I didn't mean literally tell them to **** off. But at the moment, pending what my boss decides to do about my salary after our chat yesterday, I'm not especially inclined to leave. I'm definitely considered a permanent employee here. I would like to know exactly what they would offer me in terms of compensation, benefits, vacation etc. It could be enough to entice me, but frankly I prefer the small-business environment and feel I'm more productive that way. We'll see what happens.

Last edited by Kevin M; 02-27-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:48 AM

Car Info: Dying is not an option. It's an upgrade.
Sup fellas.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
good morning peeps.

Quick Reply: Holy crap its Tuesday