0.35%
No, oral sex doesn't count
3.28%
Voters: 3755. You may not vote on this poll

Hey boys

Old 09-07-2006, 11:11 AM

Car Info: 2001 Miata NB
Originally Posted by sybir
Actually, you're wrong on both counts. African is not a race. There are white Africans.

And Russians are a people from a certain country. There are black Russians. If you want to get technical, you're discussing Slavic races.
meh. what ev college boy. lol. i dont care that much.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
Originally Posted by WRXSTIFTW
meh. what ev college boy. lol. i dont care that much.
"african-american" is a fallacy and only came about due to "political corectness"
Old 09-07-2006, 11:32 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
"african-american" is a fallacy and only came about due to "political corectness"
No, african-american refers to a person in america of African descent. It can refer to peopl with ancestry in any african nation, including South Africa which has a large native dutch population. There is nothing "false" about the term.

Please leave the intellectual discussion to those eqipped to do so, k thx.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:37 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
No, african-american refers to a person in america of African descent. It can refer to peopl with ancestry in any african nation, including South Africa which has a large native dutch population. There is nothing "false" about the term.

Please leave the intellectual discussion to those eqipped to do so, k thx.
Using "african american" to describe someones skin color IS in fact a fallacy because there are many places other than africa where black people come from so a kiwi would be considered "african american" which is obviously untrue. *smack* shoulda thought that one out first champ
Old 09-07-2006, 11:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Using "african american" to describe someones skin color IS in fact a fallacy because there are many places other than africa where black people come from so a kiwi would be considered "african american" which is obviously untrue. *smack* shoulda thought that one out first champ
what... the... hell?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:40 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ryball
what... the... hell?
Obviously my intellect is so far advanced you guys cant even grasp the concepts im putting forth here
Old 09-07-2006, 11:43 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by sybir
Actually, you're wrong on both counts. African is not a race. There are white Africans.

And Russians are a people from a certain country. There are black Russians. If you want to get technical, you're discussing Slavic races.
White Russian:

Black Russian:

Jeremy, get support from fellow limp-wristed Canadians
Old 09-07-2006, 11:44 AM

Sigh.

You claimed that the term "African-American" was a fallacy because, in your esteemed estimation, it referred to a person with dark skin. In fact, the term refers to, as I just said, a person of African descent. There is nothing false about calling a person who either a citizen of an African nation, emigrated from, or is directly descendent of an emigrant from Africa an African-American. That would be a true statement.

In conclusion, you are the one who is the ball licker.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Question

Are you saying black people are basically kiwis? SON OF A *****.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:00 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Sigh.

You claimed that the term "African-American" was a fallacy because, in your esteemed estimation, it referred to a person with dark skin. In fact, the term refers to, as I just said, a person of African descent. There is nothing false about calling a person who either a citizen of an African nation, emigrated from, or is directly descendent of an emigrant from Africa an African-American. That would be a true statement.

In conclusion, you are the one who is the ball licker.
Havnt you ever filled out any kind of govt paperwork?? clearly marked under "RACE" "african-american" is listed... wheres the checkbox for all the other dark skinned people??? oh there is none because they use "african-amercian" to decribe all dark skinned people which is INCORRECT. maybe if you smoked more weed you would be a little more smarter kthx.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:15 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
My roommates are whites who speak French (they are from West Africa) so I guess they would be considered African-Americans.

The falacy comes in when someone assumes that a black person is "African-American" even if the black person was born in America and has never been to Africa.

Take note, this isn't the same as assuming that Jeremy is gay because he's from Canada, when we all know that people from Canada named Jeremy are gay.

Last edited by T-Will; 09-07-2006 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:16 PM

Havnt you ever filled out any kind of govt paperwork??
OMG the GOVERMENT says it, it must be true!!!!! I was in the military. You have no idea what government paperwork is.

clearly marked under "RACE" "african-american" is listed... wheres the checkbox for all the other dark skinned people???
[] Other

oh there is none because they use "african-amercian" to decribe all dark skinned people which is INCORRECT.
No, they use it to designate dark-skinned African Americans, because that is what dark skinned Americans of African descent told the government to call them.

maybe if you smoked more weed you would be a little more smarter kthx.
Hmm, you could be right. I'll be sure to get right on that and report back to you!
Old 09-07-2006, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by T-Will
My roommates are whites who speak French (they are from West Africa) so I guess they would be considered African-Americans.
Yes, they would be, if they are american citizens/immigrants/resident aliens.

Originally Posted by T-Will
The falacy comes in when someone assumes that a black person is "African-American" even if the black person was born in America and has never been to Africa.
Wrong, and wrong. As I said, "African-American" refers to a person of African descent. That does not mean they were born in Africa. Visiting Africa would not make me (nor anyone else) African-American, although in theory an application for citizenship/lawful resident status in an African nation would make me American-African...
Old 09-07-2006, 12:21 PM

Anybody else? I grow weary of these Battles of Wit that are more like target practice.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Furly, quit smoking the acapulco gold dude.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey boys