Getting car back from shop today

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:03 AM

Car Info: 2008 WRX
Smile Getting car back from shop today

I'm expecting my WRX back from the shop today.

I got hit by a SUV that decided to backup in the middle of a street while I was waiting behind it at a STOP sign. The driver's word's were, "I didn't see you, you were in my blind spot." ... I suppose you wouldn't see a bright blue car in back of you if you don't turn around or check your mirrors.

Damage totaled out just shy of $1,300. Thankfully the other driver admitted fault. Damage was to my front bumper and hood. If I'd had the cash it probably would have been a good opportunity to swap out the hood and mod the front.

I'll just be happy to drive it again. My rental car is an Impala.

**Edit 5/20**

I've taken a few days to look over the areas that were repaired and repainted, I'm completely satisfied. If anyone wants to know the shop just PM me.

Last edited by Silent_Screamer; 05-20-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Add Picture + comments
Old 05-18-2010, 03:12 PM

Car Info: Sonic Yellow 2003 WRX
That sucks, something similar happened to me. I was sitting stopped at a red light and I was rear ended. It all worked out though, damages were over 5000 on mine.

They wouldn't give me a rental car since I was 19 at the time, so I got to ride my bike around for a week. I was very glad to get it back!

I'm regretting not having them respray the whole car though. The new paint doesn't quite match the factory faded paint.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Knifey
....I was sitting stopped at a red light and I was rear ended....

They wouldn't give me a rental car since I was 19 at the time, so I got to ride my bike around for a week. I was very glad to get it back!
Ouch. I lost my first new car that way. Thankfully they totaled it and spared me the hassle.

Seems Golden State did good work for me. It really sucks your company didn't match the paint right. Wasn't your current ride was it? Did you try to get them to fix it?
Old 02-23-2019, 07:41 AM

Re: Getting car back from shop today

After almost nine years, the same Subie is in the shop again. Getting it back at the end of the week.

The bumper, trunk, even floor needed work, damaged by being rear-ended. Other party wanted to settle for cash instead of involving insurance.....ah, NO. Total grew as shop pulled it apart, over four grand now.

Thankfully no injuries as I have two kids riding in back these days, but not at the time.