Bought another subaru:)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:03 PM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
Bought another subaru:)

Hey guys, I just put a down payment on another subaru. Ive had my 05 WRX for 5 months now and absolutely love it. Originaly i was in the market for the 06+ WRX since ive always loved the way they look and the 2.5L is always good. Due to money issues and finding a very good condition 05 for a killer deal, i went ahead and got it. Well, as of today i got a great deal on a 07 WRX TR. The color is blue, its used with 8k miles, but very good condition so i jumped on it. Couple questions about it: aside from the redesigned front/rear, 2.5L engine, what major or significant differences are there between my two cars? i havent done much research and am just looking for your opinions. thanx in advance and feel free to throw your opinion at me, thanx.

Cliff notes:
1) had 05 WRX for 5 months now
2) got an 07 WRX TR
3) What major differences other than the obvious?

Discuss
Old 07-11-2007, 11:05 PM

Car Info: 2001 Miata NB
can i have your 05 taillights
Old 07-11-2007, 11:18 PM

lol....no, im going to swap them onto my 07
nice try
Old 07-11-2007, 11:19 PM

any major difference's between the wrx and wrx tr? aside from the ****ty interior on the tr? im going to swap in my sti interior in though, so thats not a problem
Old 07-11-2007, 11:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
You don't get the fancy climate control, unpainted mirrors, no sideskirts
Old 07-11-2007, 11:29 PM

another very important question i have:

i have all the stuff from my 05 that will be taken off...will it fit my 07?
the k&n typhoon intake will, and the 06 sti interior im pretty sure will, but how about my invidia catless dp? or my aps up? how about the hks cat back? if anyone knows for sure lemme know guys, please
Old 07-11-2007, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by nachomc
You don't get the fancy climate control, unpainted mirrors, no sideskirts
i just read about the climate control: sucks but not that big of a deal. the mirrors are painted (the previous owner did that) and it has sti side skirts, as well as a wing. anything else? the interior is hideous by the way, the FIRST thing im doing when i get some free time is swapping my sti interior in:RockOn - not mine:
Old 07-11-2007, 11:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
To me the climate thing is a big deal, but if you don't care about that and are swapping sti interior in to a car with wing, sideskirts and painted mirrors, you're pretty good. The only difference between the tr and wrx is the climate control thing and cosmetic stuff, nothing in the way of performance. You should still have the four pots, the 2.5L, the same five speed, etc.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:54 PM

yep.....well the lack of climate control does suck for me, but its not like the car doesnt have a/c so i guess its not all that bad...and yes, the previous owner put on sti side skirts, and a wrx wing. the interior ill swap with from my 05 Wrx's wich has the 06 sti..........

do you know anything about the fitment on my aftermarket parts bro?
i know the accessport wont work, so im going to sell that, but what about the other stuff?

also i heard that the injectors are bigger on the 06-07's as well as the fuel pump.. that if i upgrade to vf39/vf34 (which im going to do) i wouldnt have to replace those. is that true?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:57 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
Subaru's automatic climate control doesn't work well anyway. Damn thing has a mind of its own even when you tell it otherwise.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:24 AM

Car Info: AP1 S2k
access port = Yes. Gota find the version that works with it. Bigger injectors = yes, No dont need to swap it if your gona do sti turbo upgrade. Exhaust/same, uppipe/dont need because 06 = catless, Downpipe/same as long as its a full downpipe.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:00 AM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
the downpipe will fit but with the 06-07 wrx, but you will have to get some type of EM first. I read somewhere that you should have your stock turbo ported as well because the 06-07s have a boost creep issues. I bought my downpipe months ago and its still sitting in the box cause im waiting for my EM.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by vietpunk916
access port = Yes. Gota find the version that works with it. Bigger injectors = yes, No dont need to swap it if your gona do sti turbo upgrade. Exhaust/same, uppipe/dont need because 06 = catless, Downpipe/same as long as its a full downpipe.
i have an accessport on my 05, but am planning to go with an openecu tune on my 07 since my buddy has a good map for me. the parts being the same is good. question about the up though: so you're telling me that the 06 is catless and its absolutely unnecessary to swap for an aftermarket one???
Old 07-12-2007, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by 4URABUS
Unless the TR you bought has an upgraded radio, it would come standard with a single-DIN AM/FM unit with a CD player and a utility pocket.
it doesnt have an upgraded radio, but i have an sti 6 disc changer in my 05 that im planning to swap in.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by so steezy
the downpipe will fit but with the 06-07 wrx, but you will have to get some type of EM first. I read somewhere that you should have your stock turbo ported as well because the 06-07s have a boost creep issues. I bought my downpipe months ago and its still sitting in the box cause im waiting for my EM.
yes, definitely em is one of the first things im planning to have. none of the parts are going on the car untill i am able to tune for them correctly and have my car running good.......anyone have any experience or know of anyone in the sacramento area using the openecu tune/tactix cable? i would REALLY like to get some pointers from someone that knows.

Quick Reply: Bought another subaru:)