** More info on the modified car crackdown, the piggies are here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 01:56 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
** More info on the modified car crackdown, the piggies are here!

got this off a local stang board, my friend got it from a a supra board.

I highlighted the important stuff.

Here's the prelims for what's in store. For us guys in Sacramento who don’t have a clue, the cops are coming down on modified imports like a ton of bricks, its going to be unlike anything you have ever experienced when the cop has pulled you over. Allot of what is in store for Sactown is based off the SDPD Drag-Net program, with new tactics and revisions skirting civil rights, I mean on the very fringe of your rights

The local cops are going to get a course on a few textbook things:

*Identifying Illegal Engine & Vehicle Modifications
*Engine & Transmission Number Tampering and Detection
*Enforcement Tactics for Engine Modifications
*"Hands-On" Practical Experience Inspecting Modified Vehicles
*Racer Related Insurance Fraud and Auto Theft
*Using Local and State Legislation to Solve the Problem
*Modifying Streets to Deter Racing
*Preparing for Mass Arrests
*Investigating Street Races and Seizures of Racer Vehicles

Now, with anything in the local government sector, it takes some time to phase it in. There is going to be several phases of the crackdown starting with the most obvious and narrowing down to the organized street race scene. When the full blunt force of the team kicks in, they are going to hit hard and heavy, it’s going to be the talk of the town. They plan on sending their message right away. The cops are going to do their homework in rounding up information. What you can expect is the following:

* - Trolling local car websites to target meet spots and drives.

You want to talk about low blow? Websites will be monitored for what is blatantly obvious, to go to the area of meet, trap the cars, inspect, ticket or impound modified cars.
* - Video taping of modified vehicles and license plates at Sacramento Raceway and import car show venues within the county.

Undercover cops will be there video taping modified cars running on the track as well as parked cars. With video evidence in hand, the plates are run through the system where the cops may send out a letter warning you of the mods on the car and/or schedule an unexpected DOT inspection of your car at home.

* - Street crackdown

With their newly found mad profiling skilz, they will pull you over. Nab you on front license plate BS if its not installed, stickers placed on the windshield and rear glass, LED glow kits, ride height being at least 22.5 inches from ground to bottom of headlight and more. Next comes the fine tooth comb, plan on being stopped for a while because they are going through everything now. Non approved intake, headers, exhaust, Naaawwwsss, etc.
Depending on how many violations they stick you for, will lead to fines and fees up the butt till that car is stock again when you go see the mandatory Referee for inspection and testing. Worse cases an automatic impound plus the Referee.

Get ready for unscheduled road blocks, IE, cop cars blocking the way with their lights on. The purpose of this is to trap cars into an area where each and every car will be fine tooth combed, ticketed and impounded. Currently, the DUI checkpoints already do this, but now there’s going to be more of them with the purpose of trapping cars.

* - Hangout crackdown

You can't just sit and chill with the guys talking cars without being DOT inspected now. Going on a tipoff from an undercover who mingled in the crowd or spotted you, cops will block in all parked cars and every car will be fine tooth combed. Violators might get lucky with a ticket, but what they are really after is the revenue generated by the impounds and I mean lots of impounds. The will have the tow trucks lined up ready to take cars

If you are hooked on the underground racing scene in Sacramento, your days are numbered. Everyone knows that if you are caught racing you automatically loose your car, well now you are looking at jail time. Get ready for bait cars to lure you into a trap. Undercovers will now be mingled in with the crowd to listen in for the race spot, video tape your face if possible, your car and license plates. If, for some reason, they weren’t able to make the bust at the race site, the cops will compile the video info of plates captured, get an arrest warrant for you at your home and impound your car. Yes, this is now coming to Sacramento mostly targeting Friday and Saturday nights well into the early hours of the morning." End quote

so we all need to know that they WILL be patroling this board, my local stang site had problems about a year ago with cops trooling our site. so we all need to be careful of what is said and done. that track thing is pure bull****. they have always said for years "take it to the track" but they actually just dont want us racing at all.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
damn well that sucks.,

Last edited by soggynoodles; 08-16-2005 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Team Brown
that is ****ing bull****
Old 08-16-2005, 02:18 PM
dz

Car Info: 1996 Mustang GT/2013 Outback Limited
I doubt it will be as bad as that makes it sound Mr. Orwell...

Even if it is, I do not see anything wrong with what they are doing - I do not like it but it is 100% legal. Many of us have or have had illegal parts on our cars, we were well aware of it and knew we were taking our chances. The police are getting smarter about the mods and that is bad for us, but it is the game we have chosen to play.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I'm not worried about it. I'm sure they'll try to hit hard at first, but the cops are too busy, especially here in Sac, worrying about murders, robberies and lunch breaks to really nail people.

But I guess I shall no longer post of my mods. Cool thing is that my car is legal atm
Old 08-16-2005, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

so you guys are not worried that on a saturday meet they'll just come by lock us in and do a random inspection ????
Old 08-16-2005, 02:30 PM
dz

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
I'm not worried about it. I'm sure they'll try to hit hard at first, but the cops are too busy, especially here in Sac, worrying about murders, robberies and lunch breaks to really nail people.

But I guess I shall no longer post of my mods. Cool thing is that my car is legal atm
It's a good thing we don't meet at a donut shop isn't it..

Aren't you glad you read this before you got your tint done?

FWIW, I may have to raise my Mustang up a little, I think the headlights are an inch or so too low. Not surprising since the car is 4.5 inches lower now than it was when I bought it. Oh, wait they are targeting imports only - cool
Old 08-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by Rivers
so you guys are not worried that on a saturday meet they'll just come by lock us in and do a random inspection ????
just umm drive ahead of us.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:31 PM
VIP Member

lol. Eh, I don't care about the tint being illegal. I'm still working on getting the prescription anyway . I wonder how low my car is, I should check
Old 08-16-2005, 02:32 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F

haha yeah right

easier to get money from kids in modified cars then to deter crime
Old 08-16-2005, 02:32 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
yes
Old 08-16-2005, 02:33 PM
VIP Member

eh, not really. The cops in our area are pretty cool with us as we're not just "hanging out" and we are actual, weekly customers to each of those businesses. The cops have been by our meets before and know we're not starting ****.

Maybe we'll have to start paying Rick $50/wk to come to the meets with his cruiser :rotfl:
Old 08-16-2005, 02:34 PM
dz

I doubt it will happen, we do not tend to cause problems unless we go karting and there are 5-10 cars at the most anyway.

That is probably not enough for them to worry about. Besides, none of the cars have illegal mods that I know of. Your chances of getting popped are better when you are driving down the freeway than they are at the Sac meets. Mine are even better since I work close to the academy - the Wyotech students are going to get screwed as they race to Jack in the Box for lunch though... Heh!
Old 08-16-2005, 02:37 PM
VIP Member

eh, not really. The cops in our area are pretty cool with us as we're not just "hanging out" and we are actual, weekly customers to each of those businesses. The cops have been by our meets before and know we're not starting ****.

Maybe we'll have to start paying Rick $50/wk to come to the meets with his cruiser :rotfl:
eh i don't know anymore there has been a lot cops lately around that area, like last saturday at the meet when you called and said there was a cop just chillen off at the side w/ the lights off.

then there is the fact that "drift kids" are starting to show up in that area, also the recent accident over at Del Paso Rd killing that lady.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

haha yeah they are

Quick Reply: ** More info on the modified car crackdown, the piggies are here!