i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Rocky Mountains (https://www.i-club.com/forums/rocky-mountains-46/)
-   -   Official RMIC "spotted thread" (https://www.i-club.com/forums/rocky-mountains-46/official-rmic-spotted-thread-48497/)

Magish 02-13-2004 05:15 PM

Official RMIC "spotted thread"

In order to try to get some more traffic into this section of I-club I have decided to start a "spotted thread" for anybody on I-club who lives in Colorado and spots another subie. Heres what you need to say (if you have all of it)

--------------------------------------------------

1. Model of the car
2. Color
3. Date and Time spotted
4. Place/aproxamate area where you spotted the vehicle.
5. Any mod's that you noticed and could recognize.
6. What car were you driving in at the time?
7. Any otherthing that you can say: Did the driver wave to you? Did the driver have a passenger or ski's/boards on top?

--------------------------------------------------

Alex if we could please get a sticky for this one to maybe revive this fourm from its current state of death.

Magish 02-13-2004 05:27 PM

I'll start this out...

Today I saw multiple subarus on my way up to Vail but these are the two that I remember:

1st Subie: I saw a WRB WRX sedan around 8:40-8:50 driving quite fast in the center lane on westbound I-70 when I first saw it around Silverthorn and I kept eye contact with it untill I lost it at about Copper. It had a raised stock wing (painted WRB too) a aftermarket, medium diameter exaust and Aftermarket (looked like 18's) wheels. He was being followed by a Red Late model Civic and a Riced out Black Civic with a LOW rear bumper that looked like it was about to fall off.

2nd Subie: Saw a WRB WRX wagon on the west side of the Eisenhower tunnel heading eastbound around 4:15 on my way back from Vail. This driver had what looked like a Apex'i GT exaust or some other Large diamiter exaust that was exiting the car at a angle. This driver had I belive at least 2 snowboards on top. I did not get to wave at this driver as we were too preocupied with some jackass in a Black GMC pickup who was tailgating us and flashing his lights :monkey:.

I wasn't in my regular car sadly, I was in a Black VR6 Jetta with 3 sets of ski's on top. On the way there we were followed by a White old 80's BMW.

-------------------------------------------------
So there you go! Thats how we should do this thread! If you see anyone please post here and keep this fourm alive!

DenverRS 02-19-2004 09:41 PM

There is a older (looks similar to the GC8s) Subaru Outback Sport with some old school 5-spoke, gold RS wheels that parks near Expedex/Bozarth Chevrolet. Looks to have clear side blinker things along with an exhaust.

There was also a Legacy of some sort at Arapahoe Community College today. It looked to have an exhaust.

I've got a MY00 Sedona Red RS Sedan, with large dual tip exhaust with WRX wheels. I finally have the car looking stock again, with the exception of the third eye not working. If you see me and its convenient, feel free to stop and chat.

VRWRX 02-20-2004 06:05 AM

I have seen an older OBS that's dark (I don't know the exact color) and dropped on some gold wheels, with an angled exhaust. It sounds sweet! I see him every once and a while on my way home from work along Leetsdale or Parker.

On Tuesday I saw a black WRX that was dropped on wheels (I think 18's) and a pretty loud angled exhaust. I didn't get a very good look at it. I was trying to catch up to it in rush-hour traffic, but he kept bobbing in and out of traffic. Then when I almost caught up to him, he turned. I saw him on Alameda between Colorado and Quebec

I often see another black WRX in the Best Buy parking lot at Mississippi and I-225 (I'm pretty sure he works at the store). This ride has EVERYTHING done to it - FMIC, exhaust, headlights, body kit, 18" BBS wheels, suspension, you name it. Props on that ride for sure! I parked next to him once, but I have seen it many times.

BTW, I'm in a '02 platinum silver WRX sedan with cleared headlights and sidemarkers, painted sideskirts, and a Greddy exhaust.

Let's keep this going - I love to hear from other Subie owners!

Magish 02-21-2004 04:20 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by VRWRX[/i]
[B]I often see another black WRX in the Best Buy parking lot at Mississippi and I-225 (I'm pretty sure he works at the store). This ride has EVERYTHING done to it - FMIC, exhaust, headlights, body kit, 18" BBS wheels, suspension, you name it. Props on that ride for sure! I parked next to him once, but I have seen it many times.
[/B][/QUOTE]
Did it have a wing? And if it did what type?f it did it very well could be Mad WRX on ClubWRX.

DenverRS 02-21-2004 04:43 PM

The Sedona Red GC8 was sold yesterday. I'm now rolling around in a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX, Java Black Pearl.

Magish 02-21-2004 05:37 PM

Congadulations! Anymods in the near future?

DenverWRX 02-22-2004 02:54 PM

Changed the name accordingly. :D

Nothing that I can really see. I was thinking of a turbo timer, but many people are saying that it's just a waste of money. I want an extra set of wheels and tires for autocrossing and KYB AGX struts to replace to stock ones when they start going. Thoughts of a blow-off valve come in and out of my head. I think the first thing would see how much it would be to get this @*$&@ Shortline badge that was RIVETED into the trunk, off. But I'll be strapped for cash until promotion time. So other than those, nothing planned.

Magish 02-22-2004 04:24 PM

sounds great! Keep us informed

DenverWRX 02-22-2004 08:18 PM

Haha, ooooh you guys will be sick of me soon enough. :D

PyroManiac 02-22-2004 08:54 PM

well jeff, i saw joe today. Does that count? (the white 2.5 RS, wing) i was driving my car.

VRWRX 02-23-2004 01:24 PM

[QUOTE]Did it have a wing? And if it did what type?f it did it very well could be Mad WRX on ClubWRX.[/QUOTE]

Yes. It has an STi style wing on it. I don't know who he is, I just know his ride is tight.

wrx21 02-23-2004 02:11 PM

I saw a blue 02-03 sti going south on I-25 in the exit lane for Santa-Fe this morning around 6:45 I was coming off the on-Ramp from 6th. Ave Also Going South .. It had 17" gold stock sti wheels, and I was in my 04 balck wrx. "stock for now"

Magish 02-23-2004 03:40 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by VRWRX[/i]
[B] Yes. It has an STi style wing on it. I don't know who he is, I just know his ride is tight. [/B][/QUOTE]
Then its not MadWRX, he's got a stock one.

Magish 03-05-2004 08:25 AM

VRWRX, I think i spotted you at Morison and Kipling about 7:00 last night?